1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. philchap1

philchap1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

4.9, have a great day

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 8
  2. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will avoid the media today, don't you just love speculation followed by pretend shock.
    A 6.5 for me this morning. Well under 10 so quite happy with that.

Well folks I don't know what you're doing today, but my day is planned. Whatever and wherever enjoy it, not forgetting to bark at the postman, chase the odd car and howl at next doors cat. Must go shoes to shine, one brown one and one black one hehehehe

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

6.2 which is no doubt a reflection of feeling a little peckish at 10.45 last night and making a coffee with cream and enjoying it with 4 small pieces of choccy. A new one I spotted whilst away in the Lake District. Made with Stevia but obviously not as BS friendly as I had anticipated! It was really nice though!!

EDIT

PR team have contacted me, they wanted to update me on the Birmingham videos. These are all being used as part of The Low Carb Program – they are being used on social media, the blog, as trailer videos and the case studies are also being used as Low Carb Champions to inspire new people to sign up! They have done an amazing job with these videos. Especially mine as I was a bumbling idiot on the day!

'If anyone who contributed to the Birmingham videos would like access to The Low Carb Program just let me know and I can organise some codes for you' from Natalie. Any one wanting a code needs to make contact. I've asked for one this morning.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    #39683 Debandez, Jan 15, 2019 at 9:05 AM
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  4. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

Don’t worry being in the high fives is still a much better number than you started out with , I guess it is down in the prediabetic level View attachment 30674

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

6.2 at 7:50

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  7. Providence 62

Providence 62 LADA · Well-Known Member

6.5 today. The insulin levels must be more or less right now. Very very pleased. Still got one more glicazide to remove and then I am just on insulin. Busy day for me with the vote and all. Hope everyone, vote-watchers and otherwise, has a wonderful day.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. SB.25

SB.25 Other · Well-Known Member

I’m hoping I get my insulin doses resolved soon! It’s very encouraging to hear of people getting things sorted in the end :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  9. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

4.7 today

looking a bit grey here but it's quite mild so we may go out for lunch since we spent time chopping bits of tree yesterday and walking mum's dog :)

@ianpspurs we have a chainsaw but it's pretty heavy and we find the Black and Decker 'alligator' very handy for many jobs. It's a small electric chainsaw like a big pair of jawed scissors. If you're canny with it you can do quite reasonable sized jobs.
    We took down all the fallen branch that was resting on the fence, it broke one fence post so we'll have to replace that. We also did major trimming on a laurel that was reaching out over the fence. Lots more stuff to trim back in stages along the fence bit by bit.
    Now we have to finish dragging the bits back to the main area, chop off the small stuff and cut the thicker bits into pieces for mum's woodburner. That's a job for another day ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
  10. Chronicle_Cat

Chronicle_Cat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Debandez you did send to me several weeks ago :) I'm taking them in to my doctor when I see her for my followup hba1c this afternoon. :)

BTW, 5.3 on my meter this morning.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Chronicle_Cat

Chronicle_Cat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.3 for me this morning.

@Debandez you did send me this info several weeks ago. :) I'm taking it into my doctor this afternoon when I see her for the results of my followup hba1c.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I thought I might have, just wanted to make sure you were fully armed haha :) good luck. Hope it's a very positive appointment.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Roulis

Roulis Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! 5.5 for me first thing. Happy with that. I am beginning to see consistent numbers below 6, first thing in the morning. Early days yet for a conclusion... But..Being mainly a carnivore for the past 3 months now, is certainly bearing fruits! Will shall see? You all have a good day!

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Charis1213

Charis1213 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I hope my insulin levels are stable now as my morning reading was 5.9 . My A1c is in a few weeks and i am really hoping that has dropped . It was 105 in November , so fingers crossed .

• Like Like x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #39694 Charis1213, Jan 15, 2019 at 12:05 PM
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  15. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Forgot to post here this morning, it was 6.6. Much higher than I’d like but I expect it went even higher as I dropped Mr C at the station to get the train back to Cornwall then my car wouldn’t start so had to call the AA to get back home. Glad I got dressed first - as its only a 15 min drive I nearly went out in my pjs!

@SB.25 I hope the walk helped and your bg is back down again.
    @Roulis well done, it’s great that you are seeing the benefits now.

• Hug Hug x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

hope you get it sorted charis1213 x

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  17. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

7.3 that’s fine

Have a good day

• Like Like x 18
  18. Charis1213

Charis1213 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you very much x

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SB.25

SB.25 Other · Well-Known Member

I managed to get down to 10 which is still too high, but better than 14 so got to be a bit pleased. I had to eat a small bit of breakfast as I needed to take my tablets. L Will walk again at lunch to bring down further.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 3
  20. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Iwas lucky enough to start low carb program when it was free and for life! so have sign up access already but thankyou for letting us know @Debandez

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook