What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well I had a great sleep minimum pain ,woke to 3 readings . first was 6.3 second was 6.4 third was 6.7. Not sure why but hey ho maybe the paracetomol is raising it , I think I will go with the first reading makes me feel better :)

Freezing here.

When will I get the really low morning readings I wonder ?

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Well this is a first.... woke up to a 7.3 :wideyed:.

Very pleased with this number compared to all the other awful ones but I have woken up feeling so hungry and feeling sick (perhaps because I’m not used to this level in the mornings)....

Have a lovely day everyone!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Charis1213 , i'd say the paracetamol was having an impact, so that's a GOOD score.

I'd also say the difficulties sleeping probably have an accumulative effect over many days, so that would account for some of the numbers.

And @SB.25 I would suspect, that your body is confused by the low figure, and needs a little time to adjust itself to the changes your making.

I know when I lowered my carbs and sugar I wasn't testing at time, but I did feel wretched most days...something to do with the body craving carbs..(sugar addiction likened to drug addiction in some posts )

Sure if you can suffer it in the short term, the long term looks a lot brighter.

Hope the numbers tumble and that sick feeling passes soon.:)

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
@Charis1213 , i'd say the paracetamol was having an impact, so that's a GOOD score.

I'd also say the difficulties sleeping probably have an accumulative effect over many days, so that would account for some of the numbers.

And @SB.25 I would suspect, that your body is confused by the low figure, and needs a little time to adjust itself to the changes your making.

I know when I lowered my carbs and sugar I wasn't testing at time, but I did feel wretched most days...something to do with the body craving carbs..(sugar addiction likened to drug addiction in some posts )

Sure if you can suffer it in the short term, the long term looks a lot brighter.

Hope the numbers tumble and that sick feeling passes soon.:)
Yes, I know it’s better for the long term. I have cut carbs drastically since my diagnosis in November but I think as I gradually continue to increase my insulin it is starting to work... :) (well I hope it’s working lol!)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No reading for me this am.
Ordered strips..they arrived at work Friday, left them there the weekend (duh ! )
Came in today to test...did not bring Meter..:banghead:....

Anyone see a brain lying around...
Small, mushy looking thing..little used....no..ok..I'll keep looking..sure it's here somewhere..:rolleyes:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Fasting blood sugars were 4.7 today.

@Ziggy2017 -- Hope your visit at the hospital went well. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will be feeling better soon.
@OrsonKartt -- Your vacation sounds wonderful. Madeira is definitely one of the place I would like to see some day. Did you enjoy it?
@Goonergal -- Great fasting blood sugars. Hope you have a better night's sleep tonight.
@SB.25 -- It's good to see that your blood sugars are finally moving in the right direction. Well done.
@Debandez -- So sorry to read about your brother-in-law. Good that that he has you to make sure that he gets the help he needs. Are they also going to test for T1 given that he has lost so much weight?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all Eskimos.

Whoops woke to a low for me 4.8, good job I'm not driving. In the last few weeks I have slightly changed my diet and cut out a few small things. I think I shall have to lower my insulin dose. Being on a complicated regime of drugs which play havoc with my body chemistry, what works for most does not work for me. I can't do the low carb high fat diet, but the low carb works for me.

Well folks today I am unsupervised again and the world is my playground.
Tip avoid Reading just in case my mischievousness gets the better of me's hehehehe.
Have a good one folks.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Fasting blood sugars were 4.7 today.

@Ziggy2017 -- Hope your visit at the hospital went well. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will be feeling better soon.
@OrsonKartt -- Your vacation sounds wonderful. Madeira is definitely one of the place I would like to see some day. Did you enjoy it?
@Goonergal -- Great fasting blood sugars. Hope you have a better night's sleep tonight.
@SB.25 -- It's good to see that your blood sugars are finally moving in the right direction. Well done.
@Debandez -- So sorry to read about your brother-in-law. Good that that he has you to make sure that he gets the help he needs. Are they also going to test for T1 given that he has lost so much weight?
Thank you! I’m hoping that it wasn’t just a fluke and that maybe the tweaking of my doses is working :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade this morning. 5.5 at 0900.
Blooming Abbott, who make the Freestyle Libra, sent me an email yesterday with the waffle given below. Could it be that they have a huge NHS order and individual customers are being pushed to the back of the queue? Surely not.
Ah well, back to test strips for a while.
Have a great day if you can.

“We’re seeing a period of exceptional demand for the FreeStyle Libre system globally, which is resulting in delayed shipment of orders in the UK and Ireland. We know how important our sensors are to monitoring your glucose levels and want to assure you that we are working tirelessly to resolve the issue.

According to our system, the status of your order is currently On Hold. We will e-mail you again when your order status has been updated and shipped.‘

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
@OrsonKartt -- Your vacation sounds wonderful. Madeira is definitely one of the place I would like to
..Kind of .... its one of the friendliest people I've ever come across. The taxi driver from the airport invited me and mrs to a barby at his house and one night just knocked on the door and asked if we wanted to go for a local drink...took us into the mountains to a very old bar which made up this drink from smashed oranges and cane sugar mixed with honey. Didnt do the blood sugars any good but tasted something like a great version of honey and lemon..... The down side was the steep walks which take a few days to get used to ...and the place does not have a long winter and is used to keeping things cool ratter than warm.... Visiting in the spring or summer would have been a far better idea, but escaping the UK at this time of the year seemed a good plan.