What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.1 today, that's better, knew the sofa gym would help :). Throwing some squats into the equation today, doctor said they are brilliant for engaging the glutes and they are the ones that really eat up the sugars. Armed with this information, I am going to give them a try. Another beautiful day here in London. Hoping everyone is doing well.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

sudden frost just as the sun came up but thawing now :) we need to shop today, didn't get much chance whilst the visitors were here.

I think we will have lunch out first, cue my amusement when I see the faces of the people at neighbouring tables when they see me tucking into a salad with lashings of homemade coleslaw, cheese and egg with a stack of chicken breast slices in the middle of Winter whilst they eat scotch broth and hot sausage rolls ;)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Charis1213 , i'd say the paracetamol was having an impact, so that's a GOOD score.

I'd also say the difficulties sleeping probably have an accumulative effect over many days, so that would account for some of the numbers.

And @SB.25 I would suspect, that your body is confused by the low figure, and needs a little time to adjust itself to the changes your making.

I know when I lowered my carbs and sugar I wasn't testing at time, but I did feel wretched most days...something to do with the body craving carbs..(sugar addiction likened to drug addiction in some posts )

Sure if you can suffer it in the short term, the long term looks a lot brighter.

Hope the numbers tumble and that sick feeling passes soon.:)

Thank you I feel great and energetic , just been to my mum's as I always do daily as I am her carer , just tested and i am 6.2 .
The knee pain is less today so getting better and I bought some heat pads for my knee and that has helped it so much . Sun is out and I feel great :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today. I'm ok with that. Putting it down to the copious amount if paperwork I did yesterday!

Off to the DN with my brother in law for his first appointment after diagnosis. He is doing really well :)

Have a good day everyone.

I'm working on visuals for my presentation. What are you thoughts on attached? Too much? I'm doing the ' how many sugars in potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, cereals, juice visuals but looking for more bits that will hit the mark withput going over board. I've got over a month to prepare so I'm not panicking...at this stage!!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1548162173716.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548162173716.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 297

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning. Literally freezing outside. I had a great but very cold walk yesterday to get cat food but today I think I will enjoy the sunshine from my side of the window.

Yesterday afternoon I got a 5.3 sometime after lunch, so glad I can still get 5s sometimes. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you I feel great and energetic , just been to my mum's as I always do daily as I am her carer

STAR....that .....no matter what others tell you or think .....is NO easy role....RESPECT.

Ps, but don't forget to take time out and look after yourself, now and again.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
STAR....that .....no matter what others tell you or think .....is NO easy role....RESPECT.

Ps, but don't forget to take time out and look after yourself, now and again.

Thank you , it isn't easy but its worth every moment to know my mum is well and cared for , she's in a wheelchair most of the time so that is no easy task , I have two brothers who help but I am the main carer .

I'm going away for four days in Feb to Disneyland Paris with my husband son daughter in law and 7 year old grandson so that will be a wonderful break for me , my mum will be cared for by my brothers and other family members .

Full board so no cooking just enjoyment :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fb_img_1548162173716-jpg.30771

Hi @Debandez
was at work today talking to a customer who noticed my fitness tracker, got chatting seems he was on look out for a decent priced offering, had heart scare just before new years, and then we get down to illnesses, i tell why i wanted to track steps, lose weight etc.
he had similar reservation about buy top end, so he might be getting the same model as mine.

two other customers overheard us and come on over, both said there type 2's..were interested in what i was saying about scores and losing weight..
i give them the spiel about the carbs, diet, benefits,etc,
one chap been trying for 2 years to shift weight using the 'eat what you like, just less of it' as per doctors instructions,
lost a stone over 2 years..mentioned the site, gave him addy, he's hopefully going to come on here and give it a good look and make his own mind up.
other chap, seemed less keen but still took addy, so i can only wait..

So all in all a pretty good day.

The pic above popped into my head as we spoke, because it just made SENSE.

the fact of speaking aloud made me realise, i have changed my eating habits, and i do now see food and meals in a different light...i'm no longer the chap on the right, not anymore

I even spoke to the lady i work with and once i said the words i believed them, something i was scared to do, before.
i told her i was getting better as my scores had decreased, and by june i hope to be back into 'Normal' numbers for non diabetics.
an incredible statement given where i was physically AND mentally.
so your message above ?......SPOT ON.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly. It's

30g of almond flour
10g of butter
1 egg
1 quarter of a teaspoon of baking powder.

Melt the butter in the mug in a microwave, add flour, egg and baking powder. Mix until a smooth paste.
Microwave on full power for 90 seconds.

Leave to cool then slice.

Hope this helps.

P

I know this is an old thread but I've just made some and it was scrummy :) Thank you:hungry:

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
fb_img_1548162173716-jpg.30771

Hi @Debandez
was at work today talking to a customer who noticed my fitness tracker, got chatting seems he was on look out for a decent priced offering, had heart scare just before new years, and then we get down to illnesses, i tell why i wanted to track steps, lose weight etc.
he had similar reservation about buy top end, so he might be getting the same model as mine.

two other customers overheard us and come on over, both said there type 2's..were interested in what i was saying about scores and losing weight..
i give them the spiel about the carbs, diet, benefits,etc,
one chap been trying for 2 years to shift weight using the 'eat what you like, just less of it' as per doctors instructions,
lost a stone over 2 years..mentioned the site, gave him addy, he's hopefully going to come on here and give it a good look and make his own mind up.
other chap, seemed less keen but still took addy, so i can only wait..

So all in all a pretty good day.

The pic above popped into my head as we spoke, because it just made SENSE.

the fact of speaking aloud made me realise, i have changed my eating habits, and i do now see food and meals in a different light...i'm no longer the chap on the right, not anymore

I even spoke to the lady i work with and once i said the words i believed them, something i was scared to do, before.
i told her i was getting better as my scores had decreased, and by june i hope to be back into 'Normal' numbers for non diabetics.
an incredible statement given where i was physically AND mentally.
so your message above ?......SPOT ON.
That's exactly what happened to me. At the beginning I was like 'diabetic? Moi? No! Just high blood sugars'. 6 months later after finding the forum and LCHF.... and non diabetic BS I'm like 'IM DIABETIC, EVERYONE, YOOHOOOOO, ARE YOU LISTENING, COOEEEEEE, iM TYPE 2!!!!' well done on spreading the word.

I too have a completely different relationship with food. This one I'm loving. This pic is bob on!