What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning..so peed off .. spent most of the afternoon yesterday waiting for a response from my GP on my elevated blood pressure...something which does worry me...he's written to me...no letter arrives so I ring and ask if they can email me a copy...'oh we'll have to find someone to do that'...finally they read it to me over the phone...although higher than they'd like GP is not unduly worried about the rise...says I can make an appointment to discuss it if I wish...he doesn't have an appointment free until the 20th of February I ask can I wait or do I need to see him sooner...finally after a discussion I am offered an appointment for Friday at 16:20...cant do that working advise them wont be home until around 8-9pm..another phone call offered another appointment for Friday at 17:10...don't you just feel like screaming...when I make my concerns know the receptionist exclaims 'I am not having you speak to me like that' the phone goes down...I have to regroup & decide what to do about this...woke to a 5.8

Reactions: Freema

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all on yet another cold day in the North east, a 5.8 greeted me today, I was at the hospital yesterday for my check up and weight is down, but my HBA1c has risen to 69, partly my fault and also having a sinus infection coupled with cold for nearly a month hasn't helped either. Ah well onwards and upwards, as I was informed (yet again) you have to work at it constantly!!. Well no S*** Sherlock!! Tell me something I don't know, love how patronising Doctors can be, as I said to this particular Doctor "how about you live with it for a few weeks and see how you cope" the response was " no thanks its too much work"!! Anyway, rant over, bloody hate going to the patronising sessions.......sorry Hospital appointments!!

Take care everyone.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are heading off to warmer climates, don't forget to pack your thermal swimming costumes, no I'm not jealous.....much.

My meter this morning said " 6.0, bu%\*r this it's cold " and climbed back into it's storage pouch, strange normally it doesn't talk to me.

Have good one folks and don't forget it's national bin day.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning..so peed off .. spent most of the afternoon yesterday waiting for a response from my GP on my elevated blood pressure...something which does worry me...he's written to me...no letter arrives so I ring and ask if they can email me a copy...'oh we'll have to find someone to do that'...finally they read it to me over the phone...although higher than they'd like GP is not unduly worried about the rise...says I can make an appointment to discuss it if I wish...he doesn't have an appointment free until the 20th of February I ask can I wait or do I need to see him sooner...finally after a discussion I am offered an appointment for Friday at 16:20...cant do that working advise them wont be home until around 8-9pm..another phone call offered another appointment for Friday at 17:10...don't you just feel like screaming...when I make my concerns know the receptionist exclaims 'I am not having you speak to me like that' the phone goes down...I have to regroup & decide what to do about this...woke to a 5.8
Trouble is that no doubt all that hassle has put up your blood pressure even more! Hugs coming your way - warm ones needed today

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Very icy underfoot as I went for my run this morning. People slipping over, a car slid into a lamp post. The noise of the impact woke me up.
Have a great day if you can, hide under quilts if you can’t.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

frosty again this morning so the roads may be dodgy, take care everyone :)
if the part for mum's oven arrives we may be over there working on the oven today but otherwise staying put, my throat is less sore but still not back to normal so a day pottering at home may be indicated :)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Snow!! nice to look at, horrid to walk in
7.2 and not a happy bunny
All I can offer is sympathy and the sporting cliche that fbg is temporary but class is permanent. In general it seems like a day for talking to a small black cylinder and expecting miracles. Alexa, boost the heating and play the test match on Sky Sports. What have the tech companies ever done for us?

Reactions: SaskiaKC

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Take your pick... same blood drop!
IMG_2146.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
....just feel like screaming...when I make my concerns know the receptionist exclaims 'I am not having you speak to me like that' the phone goes down...I have to regroup & decide what to do about this
Oh, @Bubbsie ...what a sorry tale.

Are ALL reception staff, ex post office counter workers...?

Had similar, take time off work for an appointment with nurse.
Arrive..no record....come back another day.

Ok mistakes happen, but that just seemed rude and ignorant, but try to stay polite.

Show letter, confirming appointment.
Show text from previous day's, showing confirmation, my acceptance, there "don't forget" my "I WILL BE THERE !" response.

He looks blankly at it, tells me NO, I'm not on the system, come back another day.

It's at this point, it's going head to head, others starting to gather as I once again explain, j have a letter, I have a text to confirm, I have now had the hassle of juggling work to attend the appointment, and now I AM HERE, so please tell me why telling me to make another appointment is in your eyes acceptable?
Why would that be any more trustworthy then in this occasion ?.

He looks about ready to take this outside, I'm more then happy to oblige him at this point.

Young lady intercedes, offers apologies, explain THEIR mistake.
Nurse called in sick..(happens)
Others told, not me...bike you in another day, I do apologies

Apologies accepted, feathers unruffled, room 101# customer service skills.
Because we are NOT an inconvenience to shuffled around and dismissed, out of hand.
We are the reason they have empolyment,
There skill is in managing that relationship to the benefit of ALL Concerned.

Best way forward, is to kill them with kindness..(easier said, then done, admittedly).
Nothing more irritating then NOT becoming the victim, when you've been a bit off hand with a customer/client, and they politely question your response, reasoning

Dr JJ Prescribes, one large lovely coffee, sip while plotting revenge...breathe deeply..now exhale..

you are a Warrior queen, sometimes you must draw the sword, but you know, your mind IS your most potent weapon, with the masses.

Good luck, may they shiver at your cold wrath.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Think yesterday’s 7 was a fluke.... back to 10.3 this morning.... :(

I have another appointment with my consultant in 3 weeks (which was only booked yesterday). I’m going to speak to the nurses again and ask if I can increase the insulin.

Have a lovely day!

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, well here comes the snow.... 5.8 on the meter though, I havent seen a 5 for a while so for me its a good enough start.... I'm thermally up and the heatings on constant, hope you are keeping warm , best thoughts..