What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 reflection of a lovely family meal out.

My bit of chat today. Well, sadly my brother in law has this month been diagnosed t2d (only in his early 50s). It's not in his family. He hasn't visited his doctor in many years but we managed to persuade him to go. He had lost about 2 stone (maybe more) in a short space of time. Very thirsty and lots of toilet visits. We were all very worried. He is severely autistic but manages to live independently with family support. Hba1c is extremely high. We couldn't get an appointment with his DN for 2 weeks. I questioned this due to his hba1c level 'don't worry about it, he will have had the diabetes for a very long time' was the reply!

So tomorrow I will be going with him for his 1 hour visit with the DN. I will take my notepad. I'm hoping to hear some good advice being given out. I wonder if she will mention about the low carb app Drs can prescribe. I'm thinking not but you never know. If she doesn't mention it I will certainly bring it up! I will also be going prepared with my diabetes folder with info I have collated over the 13 months since diagnosis! This well be well hidden in my enormous shoulder bag and I will listen intently to what she has to say before I spring it on her. I do hope I hear good things. I'm going to share very good things with her. One of them being my own results from LCHF. I will be able to give you feedback on Wednesday. The good thing is that i can help my BIL so much. He has already made some very significant changes to what he eats. With our help he can hopefully get his a1c down a lot but I do feel meds will definitely be in order.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
6.4 reflection of a lovely family meal out.

My bit of chat today. Well, sadly my brother in law has this month been diagnosed t2d (only in his early 50s). It's not in his family. He hasn't visited his doctor in many years but we managed to persuade him to go. He had lost about 2 stone (maybe more) in a short space of time. Very thirsty and lots of toilet visits. We were all very worried. He is severely autistic but manages to live independently with family support. Hba1c is extremely high. We couldn't get an appointment with his DN for 2 weeks. I questioned this due to his hba1c level 'don't worry about it, he will have had the diabetes for a very long time' was the reply!

So tomorrow I will be going with him for his 1 hour visit with the DN. I will take my notepad. I'm hoping to hear some good advice being given out. I wonder if she will mention about the low carb app Drs can prescribe. I'm thinking not but you never know. If she doesn't mention it I will certainly bring it up! I will also be going prepared with my diabetes folder with info I have collated over the 13 months since diagnosis! This well be well hidden in my enormous shoulder bag and I will listen intently to what she has to say before I spring it on her. I do hope I hear good things. I'm going to share very good things with her. One of them being my own results from LCHF. I will be able to give you feedback on Wednesday. The good thing is that i can help my BIL so much. He has already made some very significant changes to what he eats. With our help he can hopefully get his a1c down a lot but I do feel meds will definitely be in order.
Good on you !

Reactions: HarryBeau

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
fantastic achievement....you must be well pleased.

as for the treatment, i hope (but i won't hold my breath, had at least one incident every 2 years or so it seems )
that i don't get another recurrence of it now my weights dropping..13st 12 this morning..yehaawww..

oh, and the missus (bless her) know i'm a "buy just before we fly", kinda guy
so went out yesterday and bought me some nice shorts and stuff for our hols...( i had snuck into a shameful 40".waist :woot::bigtears: )
and she knew i'd lost weight so she got me a size 38....

and i not only are they TOO big,

but i probably need to skip the next size down and go to a 34".....

<dances across room, fist pumping action stylee. >

so quite happy about that,
yes happy and a different mindset from twelve months ago..i got up to 44 inch jeans bought a pair of 36 inch jeans ,fitted...first time at that size since 1996!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning all, 5.5 for me
It's still very cold here with a severe cold weather alert.

My husband sleeping in the spare room (while he was off, night shift worker) was all for naught, as I've now got his cold.
Winner for the fbg hugs for catching his cold.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, 5.5 for me
It's still very cold here with a severe cold weather alert.

My husband sleeping in the spare room (while he was off, night shift worker) was all for naught, as I've now got his cold.
Hope the cold clears up soon!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes happy and a different mindset from twelve months ago..i got up to 44 inch jeans bought a pair of 36 inch jeans ,fitted...first time at that size since 1996!

easy how it creeps on, but fantastic now it's slid off..:D:happy: