What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
@johnpol @SB.25

ya both got a bit of unwellness going on, so i guess those scores reflect that.
wishing you both a speedy recovery, and lower figs in the days to come.:)

aw @Bubbsie , sorry to see the 'joy' of meeting Dr Dreadful has your BP on the rise.
but at least i got my 'word of the day' from your post.
( i'll be trying to drop that into one at least conversation today,...:D )

and @shelley262 , once again to coopers rescue,...you star...:)

Have a good day all.
london's showing up on the weather maps, as a suspiciously sunny day, and should stay dry...

mmmh...think it's the long way into work today,
pop the old layers on, and get that fix of smugness, while i dance through the traffic..:D
never hurts to start honing them skills again...springs not too far away..
dance.gif

(it'll freak them out if i arrive with a smile on my face..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: )

Morning scores, a semi decent 5.7....
(late night treat..2 squares 85% broken up into tiny pieces, in a small bowl of cream nom, nom, nom )
Thank you!

Today is a struggle I’m still at 13 despite walking to work and having a half hour walk at lunch time!

Will just power on through and hope for better numbers tomorrow!

Reactions: Prem51 and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Posted to the out tray perhaps? Wonder why they can’t just email it to you if a) have an email address and b) you have beurocratically ticked all the permission boxes
It has their franking mark on it dunelm...so they must have been aware it wasn't posted...I am so peed off with them...I have an appointment with my GP on Thursday...we shall see if I get any response before then.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@johnpol @SB.25

ya both got a bit of unwellness going on, so i guess those scores reflect that.
wishing you both a speedy recovery, and lower figs in the days to come.:)

aw @Bubbsie , sorry to see the 'joy' of meeting Dr Dreadful has your BP on the rise.
but at least i got my 'word of the day' from your post.
( i'll be trying to drop that into one at least conversation today,...:D )

and @shelley262 , once again to coopers rescue,...you star...:)

Have a good day all.
london's showing up on the weather maps, as a suspiciously sunny day, and should stay dry...

mmmh...think it's the long way into work today,
pop the old layers on, and get that fix of smugness, while i dance through the traffic..:D
never hurts to start honing them skills again...springs not too far away..
dance.gif

(it'll freak them out if i arrive with a smile on my face..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: )

Morning scores, a semi decent 5.7....
(late night treat..2 squares 85% broken up into tiny pieces, in a small bowl of cream nom, nom, nom )

Umm ... hmm ... does cream have the same effect on dark chocolate that milk has?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post this morning. It was 5.7
Had my regular eye test today with an added glaucoma test for £10, I thought that was part of the routine check up. Does anyone else pay extra for it? I’ve never been offered it before and always assumed it’d be picked up.
@johnpol hope you start to feel better soon
@Bubbsie your saga with the surgery is raising my bp on your behalf. So frustrating.
@PenguinMum I do hope your roof gets sorted finally - have you still got buckets catching drips in the loft?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I've never paid for the test it has always been part of routine eye test.
The spec savers site says the test for glaucoma is carried out on behalf of the NHS so there is no charge.

Reactions: philchap1 and DJC3

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is awesome but I’m going to be the party pooper and suggest that you be very careful how you interpret that data. Been there dozens of times with various other examples of stuff I thought I was now able to do in moderation. Once in a blue moon is fine until it starts creeping up and before can say “diabetes” you’re back where you started. That has been my experience at least. You seem like you have your head screwed on...just a cautionary tale :)
Hi Jim. Hope all is well with you. Yup, I agree.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 and I took a sharp intake of breath! In the 4s!!!! That said I didn't do it til mid morning as forgot earlier! I hadn't eaten.

Having a very busy spell. I'm missing out on so much forum :-( hoping to catch up very soon.

Happy Monday.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never paid for the test it has always been part of routine eye test.
The spec savers site says the test for glaucoma is carried out on behalf of the NHS so there is no charge.

Thanks John it was Specsavers. What a swizz. I think it was a fancy new machine I was paying for then, which is annoying if the routine optician check would have picked it up anyway. I’ll go back and express my irritation.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
your saga with the surgery is raising my bp on your behalf. So frustrating.
Yes it is a saga DJC...I have had a pathetic explanation from the practice manager explaining the GPs don't come into work every day...the staff are unaware there are two records for outgoing correspondence...the date it is typed & the date it is signed off by the GP...she apologises for the 'slight' delay in my receiving it...and has passed my concerns to my doctor...I have told her that is not a suitable or acceptable explanation & asked her to answer a couple of questions before I decide whether to pursue a formal complaint...a slight delay...it took seven days for me to know whether I should make an appointment to see him...with someone who started off this journey with BP 210/100 I take my BP seriously...its a pity my GP doesn't.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it is a saga DJC...I have had a pathetic explanation from the practice manager explaining the GPs don't come into work every day...the staff are unaware there are two records for outgoing correspondence...the date it is typed & the date it is signed off by the GP...she apologises for the 'slight' delay in my receiving it...and has passed my concerns to my doctor...I have told her that is not a suitable or acceptable explanation & asked her to answer a couple of questions before I decide whether to pursue a formal complaint...a slight delay...it took seven days for me to know whether I should make an appointment to see him...with someone who started off this journey with BP 210/100 I take my BP seriously...its a pity my GP doesn't.

I’ve had problems with letters being delayed too. When I had my kidney removed, the hospital wrote to me saying I could come in for an outpatient appointment prior to the op to discuss any concerns I had. Unfortunately I didn’t receive the letter until the day after the OP clinic so had no opportunity to discuss my (considerable) worries before the surgery which was a few days later. The letter was dated several days before it was posted.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks John it was Specsavers. What a swizz. I think it was a fancy new machine I was paying for then, which is annoying if the routine optician check would have picked it up anyway. I’ll go back and express my irritation.
Also don't forget any one diagnosed with diabetes qualifies for NHS funded free eye tests.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve had problems with letters being delayed too. When I had my kidney removed, the hospital wrote to me saying I could come in for an outpatient appointment prior to the op to discuss any concerns I had. Unfortunately I didn’t receive the letter until the day after the OP clinic so had no opportunity to discuss my (considerable) worries before the surgery which was a few days later. The letter was dated several days before it was posted.
Its so disappointing DJC & not acceptable to treat patients in such a casual manner...I have had several issues with him...I've written to him twice outlining my concerns on each occasion he apologises & makes time to see me...he is hard work.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its so disappointing DJC & not acceptable to treat patients in such a casual manner...I have had several issues with him...I've written to him twice outlining my concerns on each occasion he apologises & makes time to see me...he is hard work.

Like pushing a rock uphill isn’t it? Exhausting but if you stop pushing it’ll just roll back to where it started.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Like pushing a rock uphill isn’t it? Exhausting but if you stop pushing it’ll just roll back to where it started.
TBH I could do without expending so much time & energy on it...but I agree unequivocally with what you say...if I stopped pushing it will just roll back to where it started...I couldn't have put it better myself...thanks DJC.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Posted to the out tray perhaps? Wonder why they can’t just email it to you if a) have an email address and b) you have beurocratically ticked all the permission boxes

Or a website where you can access your confidential file and communicate with your doctor?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post this morning. It was 5.7
Had my regular eye test today with an added glaucoma test for £10, I thought that was part of the routine check up. Does anyone else pay extra for it? I’ve never been offered it before and always assumed it’d be picked up.
@johnpol hope you start to feel better soon
@Bubbsie your saga with the surgery is raising my bp on your behalf. So frustrating.
@PenguinMum I do hope your roof gets sorted finally - have you still got buckets catching drips in the loft?
I can’t ever recall ever paying for a glaucoma test.

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Late Afteringnoon folks, been a trifle ( other pudding available ) under Mrs J's close scrutiny all day, it was something I said about housework etc.

A 6.4 greeted me after a full on roast last night, which pleased me, but I paid a price because of the high fats in a roast.
Alternative roast recipes are not acceptable to Mrs J who has a kill at a glance chip installed and can be quick with her fists if required. She is of mixed race Irish and Welsh.

Well folks me and my other me's hope you had a good day, today I found time to glance at a few alternative to salt studies which included GRAPHS, shock horror.

Strange how graphs can make a load of old hogwash look good, it's a wonder them, their expense fiddling policians haven't included them in the Brexit farce.