What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saskia I'm not quite sure what you mean by this...I have access to my records with the online system...however that is limited and I would not have access to my complete medical records..

My doctor's medical center/hospital's website has a portal you can sign up for to access your medical records, refill prescriptions, and ask your doctor questions. I only just signed up for it after my last visit and haven't really used it yet, but it seems that it would be much quicker and easier to ask questions and get answers online than having to wait for snail mail. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Made me laugh @SaskiaKC , it looks like your cat said it, I can imagine her tapping her front paw and looking at the clock waiting.

:) I was envisioning her checking the computer screen and then, as soon as she saw your and Goonergal's posts, she leapt up onto the bed and tapped me on the nose. "Hey! They're up!"

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My doctor's medical center/hospital's website has a portal you can sign up for to access your medical records, refill prescriptions, and ask your doctor questions. I only just signed up for it after my last visit and haven't really used it yet, but it seems that it would be much quicker and easier to ask questions and get answers online than having to wait for snail mail. :)
No we don't have that at my surgery...I can book appointments...check results online...see a summary of my patient record...but not the full records...I can do a subject access request or a freedom of information application...I'll see how things pan out before I consider what to do next.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning...an early night last night which of course meant I am up super early (04:30)… an appointment with the anti-coagulation clinic this morning...TBH I'm not sure I want to go tired of the medical profession at the moment...I feel irritable & p****d off with my GP practice...in particular a practice manager who simply refuses to manage her practice...what do these people get paid for...maybe more coffee will lift my mood...I need something...only two days to go to my appointment with Dr Dreadful on Thursday... woke to a 5.4

Please accept a well intentioned hug from me

Reactions: HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

frosty morning today as expected but no snow here yet ;) we will be taking mum to the bank today and will have lunch out together.

Yesterday we braved the cold and did a bit of work in the garden, then moved the old oil tank round the end of the house near the shed,
We're pondering the best way to dispose of it and (since we have to chop it up), whether we can turn it into something useful, current idea is to perhaps turn part into a log store and part into a plant trough :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 5.9 at 0715

My Freestyle Libra monitors arrived yesterday, only 3 weeks late. Abbott, the manufacturer, are now supplying the NHS so everyone else had to wait - such caring folk.
Anyhow. Stuck the monitor to my arm.
No food yesterday until dinner, here are a few readings taken from when the thing activated;
1500 6.5
1600 5.6
1700 5.0
1800 5.0
1830 - dinner
1900 5.5
2000 5.8
2030 5.0 - bottom of this particular curve
2100 5.4 - rising - had snack - celery with cream cheese while watching tv
2130 - finished eating
2200 5.2
2300 4.8 - off to bed
Here is what it recorded during the night.

Update - at 0800 it’s 5.4

upload_2019-1-29_7-53-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-29_7-53-14.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-29_7-53-14.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Another bad number of 12.6 and still the conjunctivitis, although it wasn’t as sticky this morning so hopefully the eye drops are working.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I eat low carb and do at least 1.5 hours of walking a day. I ate my metformin regularly and I also take my insulin. It just seems like the more time goes on the worse the numbers get. Yesterday I couldn’t get below 10 but averaged 13 all day!

Not sure what else I can do...... any suggestions welcome.

Have a good day everyone!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, today shall be designated a media free day, brexit and snow predictions what more do we need.

A delightful spring like 6.4 greeted me this morning.

Well folks are we all going to be captain sensible today or shall we throw caution out of the window and let the free spirit in us all reign......your call and as Billy Connolly said " try to act you age is as sensible as trying to act your house number "
Me and my other me's will be barking at postmen ( other genders available ) again.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.0 again for me today. Got a very sore throat so that might explain why. I think homemade moroccan chicken soup for lunch instead of yesterday's shop bought chicken and rice soup from M and S (it was nice though). Off to a funeral of an old friend of Mr P's :( - will be glad to get back into the warm after that!

Hope everyone has a good day.

P

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning all. Another bad number of 12.6 and still the conjunctivitis, although it wasn’t as sticky this morning so hopefully the eye drops are working.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I eat low carb and do at least 1.5 hours of walking a day. I ate my metformin regularly and I also take my insulin. It just seems like the more time goes on the worse the numbers get. Yesterday I couldn’t get below 10 but averaged 13 all day!

Not sure what else I can do...... any suggestions welcome.

Have a good day everyone!
Maybe you nerd an adjustment to your medications, speak to your GP or DAN.