What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.5 today

well curses! just when I think I'm getting the hang of maintaining my weight and fbg my weight has crept up every week for the last 5 weeks when it had been sort of oscillating around the same weight for some months before :sorry:
Back to the carb/caloric drawing board for some tweaking I guess, perhaps my body doesn't appreciate the cold weather - that's my excuse anyway ;)

Never mind - at least it didn't snow here although we did have a snow warning, it's not very warm but I will 'definitely' be having a walk shortly :)

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)

First, a hug because I've BTDT with the weighing and counting and tweaking and I'm sorry you're having to deal with it too.

Next, I heard this earlier today and am passing it on as it has to do with seasonal weight variances:

Overheard at the Paws-4-Purrs Cat Fitness Centre:

One Moggie queen to another:

"I have to leave early today. I absolutely must go to the groomer's and have something done about my fur! My winter coat came in too thickly and I think I've put on ten grams!!!!"

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or a website where you can access your confidential file and communicate with your doctor?
Saskia I'm not quite sure what you mean by this...I have access to my records with the online system...however that is limited and I would not have access to my complete medical records..

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an early night last night which of course meant I am up super early (04:30)… an appointment with the anti-coagulation clinic this morning...TBH I'm not sure I want to go tired of the medical profession at the moment...I feel irritable & p****d off with my GP practice...in particular a practice manager who simply refuses to manage her practice...what do these people get paid for...maybe more coffee will lift my mood...I need something...only two days to go to my appointment with Dr Dreadful on Thursday... woke to a 5.4

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning...an early night last night which of course meant I am up super early (04:30)… an appointment with the anti-coagulation clinic this morning...TBH I'm not sure I want to go tired of the medical profession at the moment...I feel irritable & p****d off with my GP practice...in particular a practice manager who simply refuses to manage her practice...what do these people get paid for...maybe more coffee will lift my mood...I need something...only two days to go to my appointment with Dr Dreadful on Thursday... woke to a 5.4
Big hugs bubbsie x