What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.7 again - meh! I did sleep in a bit, which may explain it. It seems to go up after about 7am.

Busy day today - lunch out at the best Chinese restaurant in town with Mr P and his Rotary mates. Lots of nice stuff to choose from and he can have my rice. Then off out for dinner in the evening.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

P

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. I've a bit of a cold so my numbers are up over last couple of days. But tested early at 5.45am so 6.3 was OK.
What wasn't OK was that this was after attending to a 5 year old (also with a cold), stubbing my toe on his bedpost really badly, and realising (too late) that it was bleeding really badly over the floor, and then my bed.
I switched on the light and the carpet looked a butcher's apron.
This isn't even approaching a good start to the day.
Oh, no. I hope it cleaned up easily.

Once I was walking around in a towel and bare feet after a shower. I didn't have my glasses on and can't see without them. I stepped on something and heard a "crunch". I thought it was a stray cat food kibble or something. Later I learned it was a piece of glass, and I had left a huge blood trail as I walked around my apartment.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone I haven’t been on for a while as I’ve been sick with my chest and I’ve been awful forgetful today my libre said 5.0 but my meter said 4.3 have a good day everyone
Hope you're feeling better soon Ziggy

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs, and hopes that you will soon feel much better, and that the workmen will finish their work quickly and leave you in peace -- glad they are good guys though. We need to send out the county mounties to find that roofer and run him to earth! Err, roof.
Thanks @SaskiaKC for the hugs and for making me smile ref roofer. Carpets done and Bobs and Daisy were very brave about it. They found the best strategy was to hide (same as roofer!). We wont be putting the downstairs back together till eldest son is here at weekend so that will be a relief all round. Hope you and KittenCat are good.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, Monday already...
7.1 for me this morning, with mornings now in the low to mid 5's I'm not sure where this has come from. But never mind, a fast til 2pm should do the trick. I also have yet another thumper of a headache so could be that.

Are you dehydrated? Could cause both headache and higher FBG.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you dehydrated? Could cause both headache and higher FBG.
I don't think so, I'm drinking and I had to do a wee sample at the doctor today and it was completely clear!! It looked like I'd just filled the tube up from the tap I'm back down and just checked before dinner and it's 4.8...my first time in the 4s.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think so, I'm drinking and I had to do a wee sample at the doctor today and it was completely clear!! It looked like I'd just filled the tube up from the tap I'm back down and just checked before dinner and it's 4.8...my first time in the 4s.
Nice number. Phrase round here is pee like a horse:angelic:

Reactions: AngiH

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Thank you for all the kind messages everyone I’m not sure when but I will be getting an acid reflux test (dreading it) which involves having a tube in my stomach I’m also having a bronchoscopy where they take a sample of lung tissue and have a look at my lungs the rotten thing about it is I keep having nightmares about hospital (I’ve had feeding tubes and such put down into my stomach and it caused a lot of trauma) have a good night everyone

Reactions: philchap1

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ziggy2017 you are an amazing young lady and have great inner strength,probably more than you know! Hope this all gets sorted soon and things settle for you. Sweet dreams. X

Reactions: philchap1

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i don't believe that's a good colour..
https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/urine-facts.php
too much water it seems.

nice one on the 4's though..;)
whats it like like down there..lakes, beaches & lots of sunshine, i'll bet.(

( ill get there one day..Mutter, mutter.....:sorry: )

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i don't believe that's a good colour..
https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/urine-facts.php
too much water it seems.

nice one on the 4's though..;)
whats it like like down there..lakes, beaches & lots of sunshine, i'll bet.(

( ill get there one day..Mutter, mutter.....:sorry: )
I did wonder the same about the colour. I drink 1 litre of water a day, so don't think that's too much.
Thank you, I enjoyed the 4.8 briefly, back to 5.8 after dinner....so I'm not expecting to land back there soon. If I do, I hope to see you there

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
VERY late today.

FBG 5.7 this morning, i'll take that all day long.

day off time spent with my steph..went gym
nice day.

Did a mr bean on the running machine,

thought i'd stopped it, ( was going slow, doing cool down,)
I turned and began to dismount before it was off.(still running:***: ) .shot off back of unit...LoL:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Much mirth from those watching...had to laugh at it myself.

then to top it all, i got to turnstile to leave, (first time i've seen exit gate shut)
and as an oyster card user, looked for slot to insert card...., then guessed it was a swipe to get out, not working
..ooops maybe machine broken. ?

Nope..
" just push the bar, dad".....hahahah bless her, for not laughing too loud at me..

..UNTIL we got outside..:rolleyes:;)

been one of those days...:D
hope all are well, and tomorrow brings good things for us all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to add, watched a video tonight.
interesting points re the ND...begins at 21 mins

and for those who like a tipple...:sorry:
not great news....begins 36 mins (killer punch 38 mins)

warning is a long video.