Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so 4 weeks ago I had a blood test as my periods were playing up, had a phone call to say my blood glucose levels were high, my hba1c was 8.4, so 4 weeks later just my second blood test to ‘confirm it’, my hb1ac was 7.7...which I guess mean I’m type 2 diabetic.....I’m gutted and very upset I’ve let this happen to me at 23 years old.

I don’t want to get worse or progress any further damage, does controlled blood levels mean it won’t get worse?

Over the past 3 weeks I’ve lost 8 pounds and often do exercise, I do hiit workouts and go for long walks....is the number I got it down from (8.4-7.7) good for 3 weeks?

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
so 4 weeks ago I had a blood test as my periods were playing up, had a phone call to say my blood glucose levels were high, my hba1c was 8.4, so 4 weeks later just my second blood test to ‘confirm it’, my hb1ac was 7.7...which I guess mean I’m type 2 diabetic.....I’m gutted and very upset I’ve let this happen to me at 23 years old.

I don’t want to get worse or progress any further damage, does controlled blood levels mean it won’t get worse?

Over the past 3 weeks I’ve lost 8 pounds and often do exercise, I do hiit workouts and go for long walks....is the number I got it down from (8.4-7.7) good for 3 weeks?

I can just quote from my own experience but it did take a little while for my day to day blood sugars to come down and even then it only kicked into high gear once I really reduced carbs and adopted 16:8 fasting. I am so sorry that it has happened at this stage of your life, I really am but I have been reading stories over the past few weeks of people living over 40-50-60 years with diabetes and still going even as T2. It's a bit of a kick to just look after yourself and I see you already are so kudos to you for that. That was a really good reduction in your numbers over 3 weeks too! Good control will always help and honestly? It's what everyone should be doing normally (depending on medical conditions) so just get to living a healthy and happy life. We are a community here and we'll always do our best to support and help, there's always more of us young Diabetics out there.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya, I can’t comment on lowering the hba1c as I think mine will still be sky high whilst I’m waiting on formal diagnosis.

Just remember though, that any improvement is improvement. Be proud of yourself for getting it down in a few weeks :) and keep up the good work :)