1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Second blood test results

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Mollyc1995, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mollyc1995

Mollyc1995 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

so 4 weeks ago I had a blood test as my periods were playing up, had a phone call to say my blood glucose levels were high, my hba1c was 8.4, so 4 weeks later just my second blood test to ‘confirm it’, my hb1ac was 7.7...which I guess mean I’m type 2 diabetic.....I’m gutted and very upset I’ve let this happen to me at 23 years old.

I don’t want to get worse or progress any further damage, does controlled blood levels mean it won’t get worse?

Over the past 3 weeks I’ve lost 8 pounds and often do exercise, I do hiit workouts and go for long walks....is the number I got it down from (8.4-7.7) good for 3 weeks?

• Hug Hug x 3
  2. Caeseji

Caeseji Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I can just quote from my own experience but it did take a little while for my day to day blood sugars to come down and even then it only kicked into high gear once I really reduced carbs and adopted 16:8 fasting. I am so sorry that it has happened at this stage of your life, I really am but I have been reading stories over the past few weeks of people living over 40-50-60 years with diabetes and still going even as T2. It's a bit of a kick to just look after yourself and I see you already are so kudos to you for that. That was a really good reduction in your numbers over 3 weeks too! Good control will always help and honestly? It's what everyone should be doing normally (depending on medical conditions) so just get to living a healthy and happy life. We are a community here and we'll always do our best to support and help, there's always more of us young Diabetics out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SB.25

SB.25 Other · Well-Known Member

Hiya, I can’t comment on lowering the hba1c as I think mine will still be sky high whilst I’m waiting on formal diagnosis.

Just remember though, that any improvement is improvement. Be proud of yourself for getting it down in a few weeks :) and keep up the good work :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook