What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm betting it was that good ol' Dawn Phenomenon. If I ever win the lottery I will buy a Thoroughbred yearling, name her Dawn Phenomenon, and run her at Saratoga. I bet she will win every time out! :D
Now why has nobody done that we could all be rich from our bets!

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Little apology. I have posted too mush over 2 days and overshared. Detrimental to this community and myself. Please accept my apology in the spirit it is meant.:sorry::sorry:

None required here, my friend.

It must be, ( and does seem idyllic) up there at Walton manor.

But the truth is Family ARE everything and want to help BUT

no one understands as well as someone in the trenches , with you, day after day..

yep i mean your brothers & sisters here on the forum.

where else can we confide and just plain old moan, and get such a nodding of heads and a sigh that 'yes'
we too all understand :) "

Few have all the answers and the body IS a rebellious soul at best.
i think the ONLY time we'll have complete mastery over it , is when we are laying in the pine box, and even then i'm not totally sure.

So i just celebrate the small victories now in my ongoing war to crush my bodies civil insurrection..:D

Have a good day, my friend.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
None required here, my friend.

It must be, ( and does seem idyllic) up there at Walton manor.

But the truth is Family ARE everything and want to help BUT

no one understands as well as someone in the trenches , with you, day after day..

yep i mean your brothers & sisters here on the forum.

where else can we confide and just plain old moan, and get such a nodding of heads and a sigh that 'yes'
we too all understand :) "

Few have all the answers and the body IS a rebellious soul at best.
i think the ONLY time we'll have complete mastery over it , is when we are laying in the pine box, and even then i'm not totally sure.

So i just celebrate the small victories now in my ongoing war to crush my bodies civil insurrection..:D

Have a good day, my friend.

Some good theologizing there. You remind me of Rowan Atkinson in Keeping Mum -- which his character did not, and I was glad. We could debate a bit about the pine box segment, but I don't enjoy debating. I just try to remember to celebrate the victory already won. :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:
Reactions: OrsonKartt

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Little apology. I have posted too much over 2 days and overshared. Detrimental to this community and myself. Please accept my apology in the spirit it is meant.:sorry::sorry:

Not really @ianpspurs - your contribution to this thread is not to be underestimated. Post away, share your opinions, question, opine; it’s all very valuable.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all. I'm thankful for having my other 2 dogs and my Sphynx Cat as it helps a little, but Harry was an amazing boy
emoji173.png
View attachment 31886
Absolutely agree.
Hope your result reflects all your low readings well. Your figures are always most magnificent!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are pondering the vagureies ( check spelling ) of diabetes, sometimes you need to reset to the starting point again. Other times the easiest thing to do is accept you are diabetic irrespective of what you do, and move on with your life. There are much worse illnesses than diabetes. Harsh words maybe.

A gentle 6.1 leapt out of the meter a me this morning demanding koffy.

Well folks, are you well? I hope so. I have no idea what your plans are for today, but me's will be playing with pressure washers before the mentioned water shortage in 2043.
Have a good day folks.
I'm having an extra shower. Using it while I can!!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Little apology. I have posted too much over 2 days and overshared. Detrimental to this community and myself. Please accept my apology in the spirit it is meant.:sorry::sorry:
Not at all. This is the place where we can share our positive thoughts and some not so. We all 'get' each other and that is a really special thing. Its good to talk. And hearing other opinions is educational too.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. Late posting. No excuse!

Been at home most of today. Had ample opportunity to post but it was one of those days. You know, where you start to do something and something pops into your head that you just have to Google. And whilst you are doing that another thought pops into your head that you just have to Google! And you get to 5pm and you wonder what you have achieved apart from collecting lots of cookies (not of the biscuit variety!) Well it was one of those. And I'm still in the cycle....hoping I get to finish this post!!! Anyway as I was saying

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ian, for a very long time now, whenever I am asked what I want from life, my response is one word; contentment. I am usually told that's a cop out, and encompasses so many things, but for me, that's it.

Life is jam-packed with compromises and imperfections. They're not going to go away, but the secret is, in my view, trying to find a balance we can live with.

It doesn't sound at all like a cop-out to me. It sounds wise.

I am trying to find a balance of my own these days, not just dietary-wise but balancing other aspects too. Where to live, balance what I need with what I want with what I can manage for myself ...

I did win a great victory today -- I was given a creme-filled oatmeal cookie and instead of enjoying it with my second cup of coffee I enjoyed throwing it in the garbage.

Now must see if Tennessee can be made to appear halfway between Michigan and Georgia. :D

Reactions: geefull and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today. Late posting. No excuse!

Been at home most of today. Had ample opportunity to post but it was one of those days. You know, where you start to do something and something pops into your head that you just have to Google. And whilst you are doing that another thought pops into your head that you just have to Google! And you get to 5pm and you wonder what you have achieved apart from collecting lots of cookies (not of the biscuit variety!) Well it was one of those. And I'm still in the cycle....hoping I get to finish this post!!! Anyway as I was saying

So ... you were in my reference classes at library school? :)

Nice to meet someone else who gets Googling! and the cookies that carry no carbs.

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

You don't need to apologize, your contribution is valuable and hopefully will continue to add value to this thread and forum.
Your frank honesty is to be admired.
Stay well.