What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Was fearing higher fbg this morning as blood sugars were unexplainably highish after exercise last night and took a long time to settle a bit. Was surprised though that they turned out to be quite low this morning with 4.4.

@Debandez -- Thanks so much for keeping your fingers crossed. It means a lot to me.
@ianpspurs -- Absolutely no need to apologize. This is what this forum is for. To share frustration and successes. You are such a wonderful member of this forum and always so supportive of others.
@RichardHawkings -- Great result on your HbA1c.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A belated good Morning all, a 5.1 greeted me , this isn't a surprise as I decided it was vitally important yesterday to have not one, but two hypos yesterday! to say I'm getting frustrated is an understatement now. Even the new dog Sidney felt sorry for me, he didn't leave my side all night! Ah well today is an other day and we will see what it brings.

Take care everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.6 at 0530 went back asleep then 6.0 at 0800. So not too far from desired level. Onwards. Meeting a childhood friend who has remained a big part of my life but now lives in Vancouver today. Isnt able to stay with me cos her husband is very allergic to cats. So will be out and about with them for next few days.
@johnpol sorry for the hypos but so glad Sidney is a comfort.
Some great nos today, looking at you @ianpspurs and @RichardHawkings.
Enjoy this Spring day everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Always forget someone....@Emma_369 awesome score.
Thank you - would only be fair to point out to people that my numbers are lower last couple of days as I’m eating breakfast and lunch, no dinner due to crazy social evenings so apart from coffee they’re longer fasting readings of about 17/18 hours rather than my usual 10/11 :)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning, was late posting as I was due at docs for my HbA1c result. One year since first diagnosis, it's gone up but I expected that given the recent steroid tabs etc. End of year 1 it sits at 40 ;)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning, was late posting as I was due at docs for my HbA1c result. One year since first diagnosis, it's gone up but I expected that given the recent steroid tabs etc. End of year 1 it sits at 40 ;)
To say a year on you are in the safe zone is excellent! Well done you!

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 at 9am. It's been rough, but I've finally stopped craving carbs. I wouldn't recommend going cold turkey mind. False hypos, even though you're bloods are in the normal range, can feel very real when youre body has become used to higher glucose levels. Whening down is probably the best option for most. Am still here though and starting to feel better than I have in years

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who worship the sun god, don't forget the sun cream and wellington's and rain coat and canoe for the flooding. Hand and footnote the sun god was called Ra.

A surprising 6.9 greeted me this morning after pleasant shepherd pie last night complete with potatoes on the top, a slight disappointment was Mrs J forgot to remove the toe and finger nails. Anybody want a sheep dog, now ownerless?

Well folks don't forget it national bin day.
Have a great day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 at 9am. It's been rough, but I've finally stopped craving carbs. I wouldn't recommend going cold turkey mind. False hypos, even though you're bloods are in the normal range, can feel very real when youre body has become used to higher glucose levels. Whening down is probably the best option for most. Am still here though and starting to feel better than I have in years
Hi you are doing great...glad you feel so much better.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my granddaughter told me it was International Day of Happiness today
I was celebrating the International day of happiness DJC until I had to change my password on one of my accounts...I tried the one I could remember...no not the right one so decided to change to a new one...I tried one too weak...the next one not enough symbols...another not acceptable...finally I tried another the screen said 'you cannot use your existing password'...I won't tell you what I said?..%$£*&%...another coffee & some breakfast may ease me back into my day of International Happiness...fingers crossed.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was celebrating the International day of happiness DJC until I had to change my password on one of my accounts...I tried the one I could remember...no not the right one so decided to change to a new one...I tried one too weak...the next one not enough symbols...another not acceptable...finally I tried another the screen said 'you cannot use your existing password'...I won't tell you what I said?..%$£*&%...another coffee & some breakfast may ease me back into my day of International Happiness...fingers crossed.

Oh no! I use the Keeper app now for all my passwords, wouldn’t have a clue otherwise. It’s so irritating when they all have different requirement: capitals, symbols, numbers etc and half the time don’t tell you until you’ve put one in then its rejected!
I feel your frustration!
Hope the day gets happier.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no! I use the Keeper app now for all my passwords, wouldn’t have a clue otherwise. It’s so irritating when they all have different requirement: capitals, symbols, numbers etc and half the time don’t tell you until you’ve put one in then its rejected!
I feel your frustration!
Hope the day gets happier.
If you tell us all you passwords and PIN numbers we will remind you as and when needed:angelic: