Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
@Ally Pally maybe nobody gave you a 'like' but gave you 'Winner' instead - I did for your fbg of 5.1 today.
But I'll give you a like for your post above to show you're not in the naughty corner!
I just thought it weird that I don’t see the emoji or reactions. Was feeling unloved!

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
6.6 this morning

Not surprised as I was transferred from surgical ward to medical ward overnight which made me one of the seven dwarfs.....namely GRUMPY.......and GRUMPY affects my bg more than sugar doughnuts LOL

Although now I think about it being moved Off of the surgical ward suggests that the sepsis has NOT managed to compromise any bones.....just tissue,nerves and fluid compression. Had been worried about top 2 vertebrae fusing together as well as further erosion in the metatarsal of the foot(so no more toes to go ).Dodgy rotator cuff is a physio job as well with a bit of luck.

Onward and Upward

Don't like the look of 8.7 bg pre lunch......don't. know why it's so high either......perhaps the mandarin at breakfast? Or just the excitement of seeing some progress. Either way it means zero carbs for the rest of the day......luckily I have an eggs-excellent plan to go on the offensive with lunch of 4 egg omelette and rocket salad and something else from the oval office for dinner plus I have a few cold hard boiled eggs for snacking(paprika sprinkles).

Don't try that trick with me body!!!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't like the look of 8.7 bg pre lunch......don't. know why it's so high either......perhaps the mandarin at breakfast? Or just the excitement of seeing some progress. Either way it means zero carbs for the rest of the day......luckily I have an eggs-excellent plan to go on the offensive with lunch of 4 egg omelette and rocket salad and something else from the oval office for dinner plus I have a few cold hard boiled eggs for snacking(paprika sprinkles).

Lots of eggs. Is that the none shall pass diet?:angelic:

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

As sure as eggs is eggs......down to 7.5 pre-dinner........I'm having scrambled eggs,smoked salmon and asparagus plus a side of 6 chicken wings..........seemed a bit churlish not to eat something from a creature that lays those oval,albumin rich,luscious eggs!!!! Will then stick to tea/water till breakfast to ensure a 12 hour fast overnight.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
As sure as eggs is eggs......down to 7.5 pre-dinner........I'm having scrambled eggs,smoked salmon and asparagus plus a side of 6 chicken wings..........seemed a bit churlish not to eat something from a creature that lays those oval,albumin rich,luscious eggs!!!! Will then stick to tea/water till breakfast to ensure a 12 hour fast overnight.
6.3 before bed........that's real egg power.....remember

Fasting bg was 6.6
Pre-lunch bg was a worrying 8.7 (note to self-: cut out mandarins)
Eggs for lunch led to pre-dinner bbc 7.5
Eggs for dinner plus eggy snacks through the day meant a bedtime bg of 6.3