Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 today, extremely happy with that considering I had a very late dinner with an overdose of protein last night. Mixed grill (no chips!) at 9pm!

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Ann58

6.7 this morning was 8.6 at midnight but it went up to 16.9 at 6pm last night. I've an ear infection and can't fly home from Spain and was give steroids x 2 for 3 days and now 1and half for 3 days. Was really worried hoping I'll stay stable. New here and not great at understanding diabetes. I'm type 2.

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome Ann, sorry to hear about your ear infection. Hope you feel better soon and are able to travel.

Today, I was 6.0. Not surprised as still feeling under par, plus ate a couple hours later yesterday evening.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
6.2....... this converts to the same as my HbA1c.......meaning that if I scored this on every test I would score the same at my next HbA1c.

Incidentally my next diabetic review, which was due on 10 April has, rather sensibly been moved to June seeing as my co resultant is in the care team during my stay as an inpatient......seemed silly to attend when we would have had ward rounds earlier in the day LOL.

I can still get my HbA1c on that day though......just needs to add the test to my daily ones :)