Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Im confused people. Looking at what you are all eating
Need advice on food
Im type 2 with high cholesterol 7.5
Dont fancy low carb diet. Any ideas as im only 1 week newly diagnosed and dont see diabetic nutse for 2 weeks
I'm fairly new too so I can't advise but your better writing your own post so more people will see it

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: 2 sausages & 2 fried eggs, tea.
Tea,
Nakd bar.
Off out for Sunday lunch soon at a local eaterie :hungry:

Reactions: ianpspurs

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Today
Breakfast one boiled cold and one slice of thin beef
Coffee with no sugar now all drinks very pleased with myself for battling it.

Lunch. Nothing just coffee no sugar

Evening meal roasted broccoli,cauliflower, beans ,carrot and peas with natural butter and one small drum stick with home made curry sauce

My weight now is 95.3 kilos a real brilliant result for me.

Reactions: heh and Starfish18

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Breakfast of champions

Bran flakes with two bio yoghurt (yakult) and sprinkling of Canderel.........plus 4 strawberries

Reactions: heh and ianpspurs

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Cooked beans in spices with oil

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Im confused people. Looking at what you are all eating
Need advice on food
Im type 2 with high cholesterol 7.5
Dont fancy low carb diet. Any ideas as im only 1 week newly diagnosed and dont see diabetic nutse for 2 weeks

You’ll soon get used to it

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Breakfast of champions

Bran flakes with two bio yoghurt (yakult) and sprinkling of Canderel.........plus 4 strawberries

Led to 5.7 pre lunch reading down from 6.9 wake up test.....onto something here.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had brunch today 2 open DD breakfast sandwiches ( 1.5 Emmental slices base. ham and egg X 2) - without the 5 pints of tea that would be like eating air but worth a try. Skipped lunch - was hungry but if I can't control bg I can "put my foot on the ball" so to speak . Evening meal was Milky's halum fries, mushrooms, streaky bacon and 3 Cumberland sausages ( I don't like them but Julie does. No idea what the unpleasant/overdone spice in them is). Cronometer made today around 15 gms carbs. 4 days in a row VLC as per Cronometer - astonished by how awful the bg has been. Utterly confused.
Edit: Is protein the problem? Today was 147 gms for body weigh of 74.4 kgs i.e. nearly 2 gms per kg (195 gms fat)

Last edited:

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Had brunch today 2 open DD breakfast sandwiches ( 1.5 Emmental slices base. ham and egg X 2) - without the 5 pints of tea that would be like eating air but worth a try. Skipped lunch - was hungry but if I can't control bg I can "put my foot on the ball" so to speak . Evening meal was Milky's halum fries, mushrooms, streaky bacon and 3 Cumberland sausages ( I don't like them but Julie does. No idea what the unpleasant/overdone spice in them is). Cronometer made today around 15 gms carbs. 4 days in a row VLC as per Cronometer - astonished by how awful the bg has been. Utterly confused.
Edit: Is protein the problem? Today was 147 gms for body weigh of 74.4 kgs i.e. nearly 2 gms per kg (195 gms fat)

I think it's sage used in Cumberland Sausages......although some taste more like lavender :***:

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Got to take my hat off to the Whittington Hospital

planned meals today for a type 2 diabetic on day 21 of sepsis treatment are:

Breakfast bran flakes with 2 actimels ,sliced kiwi fruit sprinkled with Canderel

Lunch tomato omelette and pea and mint soup with 2 slices of rye bread and butter

Salmon fillet with watercress sauce and 2 buttered corn cobs

Snacks carrot, celery sticks and cherry tomatoes

The nutritionist here is highly regarded

Reactions: heh

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Got to take my hat off to the Whittington Hospital

planned meals today for a type 2 diabetic on day 21 of sepsis treatment are:

Breakfast bran flakes with 2 actimels ,sliced kiwi fruit sprinkled with Canderel

Lunch tomato omelette and pea and mint soup with 2 slices of rye bread and butter

Salmon fillet with watercress sauce and 2 buttered corn cobs

Snacks carrot, celery sticks and cherry tomatoes

The nutritionist here is highly regarded

And today's lunch of ackee, saltfish ,callaloo, with roast carrots and plantain was at least as good as when I had the same on a Virgin Airlines flight to Montego Bay........not too sure about carbs in plantain though......similar to banana probably?

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Mushrooms, 2 bacon & 2 eggs, milky coffee.
Tea
Tea
L: Ham, cherry toms & cucumber, strawberries & Activia NAS yogurt.
Coffee
T: Pork & mushroom balti curry, cucumber basmati rice.
Red bush tea.

KathyFrance

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning: Coffee black (never take milk in coffee)
Midday: (French lunch time) 2 Organic wholemeal crackers with seeds, butter, Rillettes de canard (very fatty pate), Fig and Walnut cream cheese, a BabyBel lambs lettuce, grated carrots, beetroot, tomatoes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning: Coffee black (never take milk in coffee)
Midday: (French lunch time) 2 Organic wholemeal crackers with seeds, butter, Rillettes de canard (very fatty pate), Fig and Walnut cream cheese, a BabyBel lambs lettuce, grated carrots, beetroot, tomatoes.
Welcome Kathy? and I gave you a winner the moment I saw Rilletes - after that nothing else really matters

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Bran flakes, milk, yoghurt, raspberries

Crab Salad

Fish Stew, Waldorf Salad

No snacks........plenty of tea/coffee/water

All hospital prepared

Adm_Mad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Explainer: it’s only my second day since being diagnosed type 2 and I won’t be having a proper sit down with my GP til after the Easter long weekend. She said in the meantime to cut all sugar and salt, and reduce carbs as much as I could. I made an executive decision not to totally cut salt as that would be setting myself up for failure. After reading a LOT on this forum I decided just this two weeks to go low carb but also very low calorie, both to lose as much weight as possible before my appointment and to see how I feel at different glucose levels now I’m aware of my disease.

Yesterday: fasted all day and then ate a piece of sharp cheddar cheese about half an hour before going to bed. Felt fine.

Today: nothing for breakfast, a 375ml can of Coke Zero Sugar at lunch. Did my first ever finger prick test after work, was 6.8 mmol/L after all that fasting, no hypo. Dinner: a 220g bunch of steamed broccolini with some toasted sesame oil and soy sauce drizzled over and lots of black pepper, and a tin of John West sardines. After an hour of exercise and pottering about for a while, I did another finger prick and am at 6.5. Pleasantly surprised it wasn’t super high given it’s only day two. :)

Like I say I don’t plan to keep eating this little, it’s just for the next two weeks.

VMK

Porridge with fresh raspberries, small glass orange juice, cup of tea with milk

Tomato soup with small chunk of whole meal bread

Small scone with jam/cream

Home made fish and chips (6 chips) and frozen peas

2 pieces dark chocolate

Drank water all day and had one can Diet Coke

Reading just before bed = 8.5 ( and it’s been 12 at this time on previous nights).

Conclusion : Beats me. Readings higher when I’ve eaten more healthily

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Hi Guys

This looks like a good place to post and read what others are eating.
I will add to another thread what I have made and amounts of carbs etc. I guess we have a receipt thread somewhere... Not had time yet to read all the different forums and see where the bast place to post stuff is yet.

So Good Friday
I had 1 toasted hot cross bun of breakfast and a cup of coffee with double cream.

Quick question: Do we add to this what we have eaten as the day goes on?

Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Breakfast: Homemade porridge mix with soya milk and a good dollop of cashew butter (added coconut flour to this batch and it helps thicken it using less oats)
Dinner: Celery sticks and smoked cheddar; grapes with Lancashire
Tea: Large lightly battered cod, mushy peas and a half portion of chips

Snacks: sugar free caramels, thin cripsy cinnamon biscuit .... don't remember eating anything else today.....

Edit: just had sugar free jelly and squirty cream and another biscuit

I have just found out how great sugaar free jelly is as a desert... I top mine with a dollop of extra thick double cream Mmmm