Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
6.7 under stressful conditions......nurse struggled for 45 minutes to get a cannula in for my flucox IV.......veins are in rubbish order after 4 weeks of abuse.......can't wait till they switch me to oral. Still....rewarded with 20mg oramorph, 40 mg MST(slow release morphine) and 600mg gabapentin which should keep me pain and hunger free till lunch( coffee only).

Painkillers......the breakfast of champions......although that's enough for a champion racehorse:nurse:

7.5 pre lunch reading.......much more typical of my usual bg cycle during the day where it gradually rises then falls during overnight fast. The trick I need to try and master is to minimise the rises and maximise the fasting fall. ......so I had just 2 hard boiled eggs, a kiwi fruit and a cup of blackberries......a lot of coffee and 3 cigarettes in this time span is probably pushing my luck though.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
6.4 pre-dinner.........was expecting something around the 8.0 mark :)

Lunch has a very spicy beef rendang, onion Bhaji's, and a thinly sliced omelette(to do the job of tagliatelle I guess?).....H hospital nutrition team has excelled itself today and I had a second small plate straight after ( to be honest you could put that into me intravenously and find no complaint.)

Meant I had nothing else during this time period except 4 strawberries and plenty coffee;)

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
6.4 pre-dinner.........was expecting something around the 8.0 mark :)

Lunch has a very spicy beef rendang, onion Bhaji's, and a thinly sliced omelette(to do the job of tagliatelle I guess?).....H hospital nutrition team has excelled itself today and I had a second small plate straight after ( to be honest you could put that into me intravenously and find no complaint.)

Meant I had nothing else during this time period except 4 strawberries and plenty coffee;)
9.0 for my first all reading.......what's that all about?

Dinner of Lamb vindaloo,peas,small cup white rice,red lentil Dahl and the remaining 4 strawberries in my punnet for afters

Got to be the white rice.....or too much coffee.

Night-time fast began 1915hrs.......water only now until breakfast.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

Dinner of Lamb vindaloo,peas,small cup white rice,red lentil Dahl and the remaining 4 strawberries in my punnet for afters

6.1 at 0700hrs........fast ongoing till 0915hrs so will have had a good 1hrs when only water and medication pass my lips.

Still reckon readings will go up during the day though.

Spinal team to see today(odds on they want a repeat MRI)p lus a General review after the weekend.......should know a bit more about just when I'm likely to go home....fingers crossed

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

6.1 this morning