2018/19 Football Season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There has been no time wasted in marking Huddersfield Town's relegation from the Premier League.

Just 36 hours after the club's fate was confirmed, workers were spotted removing the popular 'Premier Town/Premier League' signs from the gateway routes into town.

Following Town's dramatic promotion to the top flight, the blue-and-white signs bearing the Town crest and Kirklees Council logo, were put up at seven prominent locations in the weeks leading up to the start of the 2017 season.

And while their two year stay in the top flight will be brought to a close following 90 minutes against Southampton on Sunday, May 12, there are still six more games in the Premier League for Terriers' fans to try and enjoy, including against three of the biggest names in the game, Tottenham, Liverpool and Manchester United.

A bit like rubbing salt in to the wounds but I can see why they have removed the signs to save people pinching them. We May have been confirmed as relegated but there's still 6 games to play and we are still a Premier League club until the final whistle is blown on May 12th at Southampton. I hope the council are gunna save those signs cos when we get back up they can put em back again :D:)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Players refusing to train for 48 hours as they and club staff have not been paid for second month in a row!.

High Court again tomorrow..what could possibly go wrong?!.

I don't blame them either. Its not fair. Something needs doing that's for sure.

Reactions: Cumberland

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I don't blame them either. Its not fair. Something needs doing that's for sure.
I agree.

The whole thing is a shambles and the bloke who might takeover has been banned before from owning a club. Out of the frying pan into the fire, methinks!.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ah, well!
All good things come to an end!
But fancy that! Coldham beating us!
It shouldn't be allowed!!!
We deserved nothing to be fair!
Onwards to south Wales, Newport county, a new ground for me!
Hopefully, we can get back to winning ways again, not many games left now, to get enough points for playoffs or less likely now, automatic promotion!

2300+ superwhites supporters in a crowd of just over 5000!
Made hell of a noise and still singing at the end. Great support!
And it was really cold and for the first time, it didn't rain during the game, extraordinary!!!

We only had the same support in our first season in the national league, three seasons ago, at home on another cold Tuesday night.
How times change!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Home to Bury tomorrow

I’m not going

Good luck to those playing this weekend

Sorry about Town John lad

Bolton crikey me what a horrid mess

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home to Leicester this afternoon. Not expecting big things now the moral will be low now but it would be nice if we could at least get off the bottom spot. A couple of wins would take us above Fulham who are also down with us. Not many Prem games this weekend FA cup today and tomorrow.

Good luck to those that are playing today. Hope your team wins :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a battering that was. We lost 4-1 :( Lose 3-0 more and we'll have the lowest goal difference in the league. Foolham have minus 46 and we have minus 44. Next game is away to Spurs another up coming battering I fear.

Nice win for Carlisle 3-2 is nice going :)
Hope everyone else had a good day :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Down to 10 men in the first half and run out 3-2 winners

I bet Bury are sick that’s 3 defeats on the trot for them

Reactions: Johnboy412

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Down to 10 men in the first half and run out 3-2 winners

I bet Bury are sick that’s 3 defeats on the trot for them

That is a great bonus for us thanks @Cumberland!

0-0 at Rodney parade! (Terrible game, because of their tactics, pitch and the worst refereeing performance this season!)
We still hit the bar, the post and shaved the other post and a defo penalty denied, ref just didn't want to give it!
Then in the last minute, they scored, but given offside, when on replay, it wasn't!

Other than that it was awful!

Big game next Saturday, a real six pointer, v m k franchise @ Prenton Park.
Already expecting close to 10000 for game! (Wow!)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That is a great bonus for us thanks @Cumberland!

0-0 at Rodney parade! (Terrible game, because of their tactics, pitch and the worst refereeing performance this season!)
We still hit the bar, the post and shaved the other post and a defo penalty denied, ref just didn't want to give it!
Then in the last minute, they scored, but given offside, when on replay, it wasn't!

Other than that it was awful!

Big game next Saturday, a real six pointer, v m k franchise @ Prenton Park.
Already expecting close to 10000 for game! (Wow!)

Hope you beat Franchise FC I hope they don’t go up

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I learned yesterday that our striker, Norwood, has won EFL player of the season, a great achievement, probably because of his goal record.
And added to this, he was named in the full EFL eleven, the only league two player to do so.
This reflects on the tremendous work done on the pitch by the squad and off the pitch by the coaching staff. And of course those who make sure that this is possible!

Only five games left, and it's getting really exciting!
(Wow!) It's gone so fast!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm impressed with this one. Never seen anything like it before. We'll be playing on it on Saturday.

Last edited:

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I learned yesterday that our striker, Norwood, has won EFL player of the season, a great achievement, probably because of his goal record.
And added to this, he was named in the full EFL eleven, the only league two player to do so.
This reflects on the tremendous work done on the pitch by the squad and off the pitch by the coaching staff. And of course those who make sure that this is possible!

Only five games left, and it's getting really exciting!
(Wow!) It's gone so fast!

Well done to him :)
Yes its getting exciting in all leagues now. I'm keeping a close eye on the Championship seeing as its our destination next season. Norwich are as good as promoted and there's a battle for the 2nd promotion spot Leeds and Sheff Utd jockeying for it. Looks like going to the wire does that one so that's at least 1 Yorkshire derby we wont have. I hope Leeds go up. Down the other end we could minus another Yorkshire derby if Rotherham go down. That would only leave Sheffield Wednesday and of course Hull a lot of people still associate them as Yorkshire or rather the old East Riding. Looking at League 1 we could get Barnsley and/or Doncaster Gripping stuff. We'll still be playing Fulham and possibly even Cardiff. I bet the Saints will be sweating there's still a chance Cardiff could pull the great escape off like we did last year.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

I'm impressed with this one. Never seen anything like it before. We'll be playing on it on Saturday.

There are a number of foreign stadia, that use this system!
It's seriously expensive and the reason is the American football going to be played there and possibly a European franchise for the NFL, at the Tottenham stadium!

Want to go there when Rovers get their revenge in next season's FA cup!