What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately they come in packs of 5 x 25g bars! 4 have to go in the freezer. There must be a gap in the market for someone to sell small bars of very high percentage cocoa chocolate. They’re about 4g carbs a bar - 16 point something per 100g. Quite good for 85% chocolate.

Really looking forward to being back home.

Thats good to know though. Similar to the Aldi Moser Roth ones by the sound of it. I’m less likely to open lots of small individual bars I think - than having ‘just one more square’ of a large bar

Nothing beats sleeping in ine’s own bed does it? ( have you got a new bed too?)

Reactions: Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds promising. I’m quite good at small portions so could do half of one with some cream to keep my carbs low in total. Will try to pop into Sainsburys when back from York’s - working tomorrow and then up to York’s on Monday. Thank you.

You are brilliant at small portions! Hope all goes well with your mum and her appointments this week.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Seafood basket at the bowls club, several XXXX Gold pots.
Dinner: Spag bol with reheated pasta portion.
Breakfast: Mushroom and cheese omelette, bacon, tomato's.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar /sweeteners, beer, water.

A empty pot of XXXX Gold with another one being poured, onya Kaz.

nzw4v.jpg

Edit: Added pix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up of bacon, eggs, mushrooms and two mini san marzano tomatoes with a smidge of low sugar ketchup (I didn’t eat even half of what’s in the pic!) followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: chocolate Carb Killa bar and black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese style cold sliced pork with cauliflower and broccoli, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by Oppo vanilla cheesecake with cream and LC chocolate granola.

View attachment 32336
A dab of tomato ketchup I notice. :)

Reactions: Rachox

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch yesterday: Seafood basket at the bowls club, several XXXX Gold pots.
Dinner: Spag bol with reheated pasta portion.
Breakfast: Mushroom and cheese omelette, bacon, tomato's.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar /sweeteners, beer, water.

A empty pot of XXXX Gold with another one being poured, onya Kaz.

nzw4v.jpg

Edit: Added pix.
Great photo!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today; Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites: Bacon & Gruyere.
Lunch; street food - cheeseburger with all the trimmings - hold the bun.
Dinner; Chicken and bacon cob salad and a couple of boiled eggs.

View attachment 32337
I bought a jar of pickled boiled eggs the other day. I noticed the carbs were a bit higher but still within my “tolerances”.

Reactions: dunelm

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately they come in packs of 5 x 25g bars! 4 have to go in the freezer. There must be a gap in the market for someone to sell small bars of very high percentage cocoa chocolate. They’re about 4g carbs a bar - 16 point something per 100g. Quite good for 85% chocolate.

Really looking forward to being back home.
Aldi do something very similar.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A dab of tomato ketchup I notice. :)
Now pay attention, and I quote from my post “with a smidge of low sugar ketchup (I didn’t eat even half of what’s in the pic!)”;):joyful:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@dunelm .... was the SERVICE bad? I Don’t think we tip the chef here or the food handlers. However, I am reallly sorry you got such awful food. If this was a chain, you may be sure that millions of ‘Murricans think this food is food Hoping the crab cakes don’t give you the collywobbles.
@Chook that is a fabulous dog story! I can see them now.
@Chook lavender and hops! I never have heard that. My world included supplements for the brain and especially gut. So trying to heal what could be healed. Anyway, Mom (me) hates lavender :D
@ianpspurs yeah, I’ve had ZERO carbs since a 4 carb breakfast, and got that number about an hour ago. I’m solidly in sympathy with you. I find that caffeine over a period of days drives it up for more days. So can ‘t do nearly as much choccy as I want. Eat, abstaiiiiiiiinnnn, rinse repeat. “Il:eat abstain:ll, vamp until ready” in musical terms.
@Listlad do your airports not have the chain “newsstands” that sell refrigerated stuff in little boxes- boiled eggs or cheese and nuts, and then huge bags of nuts on the snack wall?
Congratulations @Goonergal !!!!!
@Rachox my iPhone camera is the best camera I’ve ever owned! You do take winner pics for sure! I hated to step all over yours yesterday with my pancakes... but they were So Good I’m cooking them again right now. :hungry: Genuine comfort food. Added some buttermilk, can’t taste it, but they are less fluffy and more tender. Pancakes ought not to be replicable IMNSHO!
Edit for typo

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Apologies for lack of posts recently. Meals have been all over the place. Partly because we were travelling, then as visitors, having little control over meal times or content. I .can say that after having eaten ( and drunk)far too much, several days in succession. Today was more moderate.
Breakfast, slice of wholemeal toast with avocado and marmite. 2 cups of tea.
Lunch, a ham and cheese sandwich, more tea,
Dinner, soup, with yoghurt followed by a tiny Bakewell tart, left some of the pastry. Few pieces of chocolate in the evening. Was offered prossecco, had one sip, decided to have more tea. Carbs probably around 120 today.
Hope you are all well. Will try to catch up with you all . Tomorrow, we move on again, going to wiltshire.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Bfast 1/2 avocado and more chicken wings except I cannot see how they are wings!!!!!! DWSAC.
Lunch a Starbux one-shot decaf Americano with waayyy more cream than I thought. I save my spice bottles, and put cream in and tuck in purse. Also leftovers of two cans of seltzer.
BG same before supper as it had been 8+ hrs after bfast, which was 0.1665 lower than FBG. Neither number acceptable. I expect it’s sleep deprivation and stress. At least I hope so!
Supper celery, wilted spinach w hm dressing, and a batch of pannycakes. Slightly underdone bc the stove eye was acting differently than last night! Smoking butter in the skillet Good thing we keep the batteries out of the smoke detectors
Good night all, may you all sleep better than I will, and sleep in as long as you want!

Adm_Mad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
This was for yesterday.
Lunch: 110g prosciutto and 80g hard cheese
Dinner: 300g prawns, 186g broccolini and a dipping sauce made from whole egg mayonnaise with some Huy Yong chili garlic sauce stirred in, then 40g cheese for dessert.

Eating whole fat mayo is a heck of an adjustment - it’s one of the foods I’ve avoided for years because fat=bad mentality. I’m going to compare labels carefully and if light versions have higher carbs I think I’ll avoid those for now. Ditto for light vs pure cream.

I’m not even letting myself think about life without fruit yet, LOL.

Edited by mod

D

Deleted member 308541

Great photo!
It was taken with a Crapple iPod about six or seven years ago, about the only thing the iPod had going for it, it did make a handy unobtrusive camera.

It has passed on to where dead electronic junk goes to.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Welcome adm_mad ! Mayonnaise was one fat I never compromised on. Milk, real yogurt (Dannon used to make real yogurt but no more( yes. For me, the “lo and lite” versions of things were just too nasty to put in my mouth. So I ate my own concoctions, just without the butter

Reactions: Chook and ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm .... was the SERVICE bad? I Don’t think we tip the chef here or the food handlers. However, I am reallly sorry you got such awful food. If this was a chain, you may be sure that millions of ‘Murricans think this food is food Hoping the crab cakes don’t give you the collywobbles.
@Chook lavender and hops! I never have heard that. My world included supplements for the brain and especially gut. So trying to heal what could be healed. Anyway, Mom (me) hates lavender :D
@ianpspurs yeah, I’ve had ZERO carbs since a 4 carb breakfast, and got that number about an hour ago. I’m solidly in sympathy with you. I find that caffeine over a period of days drives it up for more days. So can ‘t do nearly as much choccy as I want. Eat, abstaiiiiiiiinnnn, rinse repeat. “Il:eat abstain:ll, vamp until ready” in musical terms.
@Listlad do your airports not have the chain “newsstands” that sell refrigerated stuff in little boxes- boiled eggs or cheese and nuts, and then huge bags of nuts on the snack wall?
@Rachox my iPhone camera is the best camera I’ve ever owned! You do take winner pics for sure! I hated to step all over yours yesterday with my pancakes... but they were So Good I’m cooking them again right now. :hungry: Genuine comfort food. Added some buttermilk, can’t taste it, but they are less fluffy and more tender. Pancakes ought not to be replicable IMNSHO!
Edit for typo
@zauberflote - the food was bad and the service not that good - I understand that people in restaurants in the USA need tips but I do like the signs in The Netherlands that say “we don’t expect tips as we pay our staff propper wages”.
Never mind - I have made my feelings known on trip advisor

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eating whole fat mayo is a heck of an adjustment - it’s one of the foods I’ve avoided for years because fat=bad mentality. I’m going to compare labels carefully and if light versions have higher carbs I think I’ll avoid those for now. Ditto for light vs pure cream.

Good move! And so much tastier too.

Edited by Mod

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Edit for typo
Roma Ciampino Airport is quite small, modern and “sanitised” inside. I didn’t see such stands at this one. There was a section of the duty free area selling local delicacy food products but in typical large duty free type form and quantities * The mixed nuts filled the gap till we got back to Blighty. The pizza looked great but I could only watch as the family chomped their way through it. I then made up for it though with a selection of lower carb options at a Thai buffet, on arrival in Manchester.

* such as a large wedge of Parmigiano Reggiano.

Last edited:
Reactions: zauberflote