What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What’s the point?
11+ miles yesterday wandering around Washington DC. Ronald was still doing his minimum wage shift in that local burger bar but insisted that he be called Elvis and told me that he was watching the detectives.
Oh, and my point, yes. Despite the humidity and the seemingly vast numbers of American tourists (you hear their voices on every street and some of them have even taken on jobs), it was just one salad dressing - I knew it just as soon as my taste buds screamed out a warning. But. But I was hungry and weak from crawling around in the desert for what seemed a lifetime (was that in a Clint Eastwood movie?) -
So, who let the dogs out? A large dark storm cloud over the wheel of missed chances and bad decisions - 6.5 - have that for your sugary, high carb, full of unpronounceable garbage, salad dressing.
Food is so expensive here - even the food that is really not food at all.
Have a great day if you can, the cherry blossom parade yesterday was fun although why Pink Floyd was represented is beyond me.
D1B73125-9612-48EC-9B93-B2E46909AA47.jpeg
BFFB8356-E2C6-44B7-9809-6C6EC9D1575B.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. It was so cold here this morning that my fingers just didnt want to give up the precious red stuff. It took me 4 goes to get enough of the bleeding stuff out to give me a 4.9

Or the non-bleeding stuff, more like! ;)

The only animals I have ever known who don't mind us messing with their feet are horses. Which is good, since they have more foot problems than any other creatures I know, including humans. You know the old expression, "No foot, no horse"? They seem to be doing their best to live up to it.

And speaking of animals, I occasionally wake to the delivery of a furball.

@dogslife I hope the MRI scan went well and that the party got just wild enough for you to make a good recovery. :D

Welcome, @poemagraphic .

Oh. Before I forget ... another even 6 this grey morning, with thunderstorms in the forecast, not unusual for Palm Sunday. I woke at 3 am, wide awake, and was going to get up and fix some breakfast and come here to see who was posting, but in the end I just turned over and went back to sleep. Weird dreams off and on.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What’s the point?
11+ miles yesterday wandering around Washington DC. Ronald was still doing his minimum wage shift in that local burger bar but insisted that he be called Elvis and told me that he was watching the detectives.
Oh, and my point, yes. Despite the humidity and the seemingly vast numbers of American tourists (you hear their voices on every street and some of them have even taken on jobs), it was just one salad dressing - I knew it just as soon as my taste buds screamed out a warning. But. But I was hungry and weak from crawling around in the desert for what seemed a lifetime (was that in a Clint Eastwood movie?) -
So, who let the dogs out? A large dark storm cloud over the wheel of missed chances and bad decisions - 6.5 - have that for your sugary, high carb, full of unpronounceable garbage, salad dressing.
Food is so expensive here - even the food that is really not food at all.
Have a great day if you can, the cherry blossom parade yesterday was fun although why Pink Floyd was represented is beyond me.View attachment 32344View attachment 32345

Hmm ... so that's the other pink tree in the garden here. :)

Your post reminded me that today is the anniversary of Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox Courthouse. A few hours' drive from Washington, but just across the river is the Lee-Custis mansion, which I saw on our family's trip to Virginia and Washington when I was 10. We also visited Mount Vernon and Monticello and Ash Lawn.

Goodness, you are giving me a sense of history this morning!

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Good morning all. Sunny outside, but still a bit cold. Should be heating up next week. I hope this was the last of the cold spells this spring.

Fasting blood sugars were 4.4 today -- which was surprising after spending yesterday in the fives and having more carbs and food in general.

@gennepher -- Hope you can catch up on some sleep today.
@dogslife -- Keeping my fingers crossed for the scan. Hope it won't be too stressful. Enjoy the birthday party later.
@poemagraphic -- Welcome to the thread. Good run of fasting blood sugars.

Enjoy your Sunday all.

Thank you ziggy! An uplifting comment.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Or the non-bleeding stuff, more like! ;)

The only animals I have ever known who don't mind us messing with their feet are horses. Which is good, since they have more foot problems than any other creatures I know, including humans. You know the old expression, "No foot, no horse"? They seem to be doing their best to live up to it.

And speaking of animals, I occasionally wake to the delivery of a furball.

@dogslife I hope the MRI scan went well and that the party got just wild enough for you to make a good recovery. :D

Welcome, @poemagraphic .

Oh. Before I forget ... another even 6 this grey morning, with thunderstorms in the forecast, not unusual for Palm Sunday. I woke at 3 am, wide awake, and was going to get up and fix some breakfast and come here to see who was posting, but in the end I just turned over and went back to sleep. Weird dreams off and on.
Hi Saskia Thanks for the welcome

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes welcome, lots of advice, the good, the bad and the ugly.
Remember most of us are not medically trained and a few ( no names ) are not potty trained either .
Hi alf Thanks for welcome mate

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC just wanted to say hello to you and the KC. I feel we are all off when you come on especially Sunday. Not a bad FBG despite your heavy dreams. I had bad FBG after over indulging so have spent the morning working in the garden without breakfast other than tea and am now languishing on the sofa with Daisy. Its still chilly here so we need the rug! Whats the temp like where you are?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, @PenguinMum and Daisy and Bobs. ^. .^. .^. .^

It's a rainy 20 degrees here this morning, with 25 predicted for late this afternoon. Ah, these interminable spring and summer days where it seems the sun never sets.

The KittenCat just made a mad dash across the apartment, leapt up onto the bed, and attacked the red panda. He is about the size of a chipmunk, and freaked her out when he first arrived, but she has ignored him since, until just now. When he didn't fight back, she put her ears back, arched her back and tail, and leapt off the bed again and galloped back into the living room. I love it when she turns into a kitten, but I will have to get her a chipmunk-sized cat-safe toy, as the red panda is a Beanie Baby and -- not surprisingly -- full of beans. :)

6274e25e-9413-4415-a9d5-add3503a10b3_1.ecb846bc19f1c94a3822312706eecb38.jpeg

Reactions: HarryBeau and Shas3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm
Funnily enough my 3rd great grandfather the piper visited Washington with a lot of his army pals on August 24, 1814.

And burned most of it down including the white house.

And sending First Lady Dolley Madison rushing madly around trying to save some of the paintings and other valuables!

ETA: My great-grandfather was named for her husband.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love it when she turns into a kitten, but I will have to get her a chipmunk-sized cat-safe toy, as the red panda is a Beanie Baby and -- not surprisingly -- full of beans. :)
Yes I do too. Daisy loves to play, they have a play box and she loves to nose around in there and choose something. Funny enough their fave thing is glitter pom poms which I can buy a bag of in the Pound Shop. The blue ones are her favourite. Bobs can be a bit mean and take her current toy into her own basket and just hide it. Try the glitter pom poms if you can get hold of some.

Reactions: HarryBeau and Shas3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife hope the scan goes well and you get the earplugs like you would for a whole body scan. Enjoy the party at the old folks home afterwards.
Thanks, DJC3. All went well at both.:) The only disappointment was despite all my efforts I couldn't get my mum to go to see her sister at the care home. Alzheimer's has a lot to answer for!:bigtears: