What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

suzywakeup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 at bed time
7.9 at 7am this morning

Have stopped my bedtime glicazide though ...in the hope that it would stop my liver dumping early but my levels were a bit higher than normal before bed (migraine ??)

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Yes, I think you are right there. I can eat potatoes without a spike, but only roast, chips, fried, or new boiled. I cannot eat mash or baked, or any added to stews/casseroles. Mashed spuds are a definite no-no, or were last time I had them, admittedly 4 years ago now. Maybe things have changed for me now ... I see an experiment looming! The left over cooled and re-heated will have helped a lot.

Cauli mash is always worth a look, I love it! Great for topping cottage pie/Sheppard pie

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why does it do that?
I know, it's annoying. I'm not 100% sure tbh it could be a liver dump where the liver dumps glucose into the blood stream or it could be that the levels are still rising from the food eaten or just one of those things that none of us understand. I'm only 3 months into my journey so still learning but I know a lot of different things can affect our levels, not just food.

Last edited: