What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes ... had several teaspoons, and I even tried the cider vinegar ... neither of them deterred her from joining me

how low is you level of total grams of carbs in a day ?... if you lower that a little I guess you´ll soon get much lower numbers, unless of cause you have got a virus or infection or are feeling ill

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.6@ 05:30AM -
This represents a range of .7 to .9 jump from my usual 3.6mmol/l -3.9mmol/l FBG reading.
I have not posted on this thread in ages - since I pretty much have the food side of T2DM control on lock down:woot:.
Yesterday I got some Asda 'cooked chicken - wafer thin slices'
down to 10p a pack from £1.25 (due to short date -it would have been rude to not buy some.:p)
Only problem is they come with 2.2grams of carbs per 100grams....I usually stick to 0grams of Carbs for my meats - (I can and prefer to do bad all by myself)
So in essence I purchased the average jump in my fasting BG for 10p haha;)
I am not chucking them out - I will just up my walking by another half a mile
I love bargains.

suzywakeup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
how low is you level of total grams of carbs in a day ?... if you lower that a little I guess you´ll soon get much lower numbers, unless of cause you have got a virus or infection or are feeling ill
Thankyou, you're right, yes it has been creeping up (jersey royals, nut loaf) I will keep a better eye on them.