DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a couple of kilos going spare :D

I doubt you have. Last I saw you you looked in the prime of your health.

The thing about going very slight is there's no leeway for the quite natural ebb and flow of a few pounds. Never mind. Life could be a lot worse than having to be an even greedier horse than usual.

Reactions: Goonergal

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Summary of 4 th day on Carnivore diet,
1600 calories @ 0.6% carbohydrates 20% protein and 79.4 % fats from the following,smoked mackerel,eggs,sea bream, pecans,EVOO,butter Danish blue cheese and Italian Parmesan.
blood glucose values throughout the day, max of 6.4 to a min of 5.3.
Tomorrow is another day.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Summary of end of 5th day,

1500 calories. 0.6%carbs 22.4 %Protein and 77 % fats, same foods as in previous post.

Blood glucose ,todays maximum 118 mg/dl , minimum was 100 mg/dl.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another OMAD day today. Beef short rib followed by some cream.

BG dropping nicely. 4.2 average today.

How is everyone getting on?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another OMAD day today. Beef short rib followed by some cream.

BG dropping nicely. 4.2 average today.

How is everyone getting on?
Just tested at 3.7 after tea and coffee only.. had leg of lamb on the barbie last night and tonight slow cooked pork shoulder which has been in the oven since 10 a.m.
Lamb looked like this.. spicy rub "Gunpowder Lamb" by JO himself.. I added some extra chilli to give it kick.
IMG_2381.jpg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Yesterday was
B: none
L: lump of Wensleydale
D: baked salmon with cream cheese and a smidge of korma paste.

Due to a busy day (new puppy!) i didn’t eat til far too late, then had a bit of indigestion, in bed.
Echoes of my early carnivore days, when i found I needed to supplement with digestive enzymes to deal with the increased protein. It soon passed, and it rarely happens now. In fact, only when I pig out to excess. Which I did last night. So totally self inflicted. ;)

Today:
B: herb baked eggs. Didn’t have any parmesan, so I subbed in brie. With good quality high meat butcher’s sausages.
L: not needed
D: will be home made lamb burger. No profiteroles for 3 days! :D

My Libre has run out, but not a problem. Numbers were good for its duration, and so long as I stay keto carnivore my numbers are OK. Thankfully. :)

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday - five good slices of gammon with about 2oz of cheese and cream in my coffee.
Today - 300g bacon and 1 leftover lamb kofte that one grandchild couldn’t manage. Cream in my...you get the picture.
OMAD.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hi All,

Yesterday was
B: none
L: lump of Wensleydale
D: baked salmon with cream cheese and a smidge of korma paste.

Due to a busy day (new puppy!) i didn’t eat til far too late, then had a bit of indigestion, in bed.
Echoes of my early carnivore days, when i found I needed to supplement with digestive enzymes to deal with the increased protein. It soon passed, and it rarely happens now. In fact, only when I pig out to excess. Which I did last night. So totally self inflicted. ;)

Today:
B: herb baked eggs. Didn’t have any parmesan, so I subbed in brie. With good quality high meat butcher’s sausages.
L: not needed
D: will be home made lamb burger. No profiteroles for 3 days! :D

My Libre has run out, but not a problem. Numbers were good for its duration, and so long as I stay keto carnivore my numbers are OK. Thankfully. :)

Congratulations on the puppy!!!! Name? Boy/girl?? Pictures, please. :):):):)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha!

Ok, this was yesterday. First taste of a dried lamb’s tail.
I predict a happily carnivorous life ahead of her.
Breed: 3/4 pug, 1/4 japanese crested (yes, that is a very weird combo). The result is a longer nose and legs than a typical pug, smaller eyes, and a slightly leaner torso. But it is far too early to guess what the end result will be. She is 80% cocoa solid choc colour with ‘mink’ ripples on the shoulders.
Name is Jasmine
:D

Hotpepper20000

Haha!

Breed: 3/4 pug, 1/4 japanese crested (yes, that is a very weird combo). The result is a longer nose and legs than a typical pug, smaller eyes, and a slightly leaner torso. But it is far too early to guess what the end result will be. She is 80% cocoa solid choc colour with ‘mink’ ripples on the shoulders.
Name is Jasmine

Awwww so sweet

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Haha!

Name is Jasmine

Awwwww she's gorgeous. I hope she let you sleep last night.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha!

Name is Jasmine

Gorgeous!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meaty morning all and happy Bank Holiday!
Last night's experiment with crisping up the pork skin on the barbecue was a bit of a disaster when the grill caught fire.. !
Shame because it had just started to get crispy but the fat dripped onto and ignited the rub remnants from the lamb the day before... oops! Took the joint out before it got incinerated so we still had some dinner phew..
IMG_2382.jpg

It was in fact jolly nice and very moist been in the oven since 10 am at 110C on the bone pork shoulder.

Reactions: Goonergal

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meaty morning all and happy Bank Holiday!
Last night's experiment with crisping up the pork skin on the barbecue was a bit of a disaster when the grill caught fire.. !
Shame because it had just started to get crispy but the fat dripped onto and ignited the rub remnants from the lamb the day before... oops! Took the joint out before it got incinerated so we still had some dinner phew..
View attachment 32763

It was in fact jolly nice and very moist been in the oven since 10 am at 110C on the bone pork shoulder.

Yesterday we were having some rather fab belly pork for dinner. MrB does the most excellent belly pork, low and slow in the oven, then, if necessary and short, very hot burts to crackle the rind.

Having been experimenting with Moo Grob, he decided to try the Moo Grob salt and vinegar rub on the rind. It was spectacular, although maybe a slightly finer grind on the salt next time.

Reactions: Brunneria

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Following on from World Carnivore month in January, a few of us have branded May as Meaty May, with the intention of eating carnivorously for the month.

Tagging @bulkbiker and @wiflib so they know this is here. All welcome to join.

Definitions are your own, but for me it’s any animal based produce - meat, fish, eggs, cheese, butter, a bit of cream.
This thread is very interesting, especially as I have severe IBS. I have so little veg because of this and only a few berries due to lowering carbs ( am convinced scurvy is in on the cards ). Just wondered if anyone had protein concerns being so meaty or do you generally eat less because on its own it's so filling ?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday we were having some rather fab belly pork for dinner. MrB does the most excellent belly pork, low and slow in the oven, then, if necessary and short, very hot burts to crackle the rind.

Having been experimenting with Moo Grob, he decided to try the Moo Grob salt and vinegar rub on the rind. It was spectacular, although maybe a slightly finer grind on the salt next time.
We've had quite a bit of success with pork belly dried out overnight in the fridge then a salt crust while it cooks with a last 40 minute burst of very high heat for the crackling after removing the salt crust.
The annoying thing about last nights disaster was I had experimented with some baking powder rubbed on half the skin and leaving the rest naked. The baking powder makes chicken wings really crispy so thought I'd try it on the pork.. hey ho next time maybe.

Salt crust technique here
https://rasamalaysia.com/chinese-roast-pork/
Although I think low and slow to cook the pork may be moister..

Reactions: Brunneria

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondered if anyone had protein concerns being so meaty or do you generally eat less because on its own it's so filling ?
I eat quite a bit more protein than is "recommended" although those "recommendations" seem a bit flaky.
There are quite a few scientists who I think have a good insight into protein consumption, like Dr Ben Bikman, who don't think protein consumption is problematic and more is better as we age.
This year so far I've averaged about 140g per day which probably equates to almost 2g per kg lean body weight.
My FBG this morning was 4.4 mmol/l so...