Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP are the burgers frozen, or in the fresh section?
These ones were chilled. They were nice, even the carnivorous husbeast likes them. I prefer the “Meatless” brand ones, they’re also chilled. The now infamous “Beyond” brand bleeding burgers are frozen and I’ve only seen those in Tesco - but at £5.50+ a pack of two, they’re a bit pricey for my sad pocket. The Meatless ones are my current favourite. Aldi sometimes do them, and they’re nice but they’re too carby for me.

Reactions: becca59

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
These ones were chilled. They were nice, even the carnivorous husbeast likes them. I prefer the “Meatless” brand ones, they’re also chilled. The now infamous “Beyond” brand bleeding burgers are frozen and I’ve only seen those in Tesco - but at £5.50+ a pack of two, they’re a bit pricey for my sad pocket. The Meatless ones are my current favourite. Aldi sometimes do them, and they’re nice but they’re too carby for me.

I'm definitely persuading him to take us to Morrisons on Wednesday!

(I don't drive and never have - epilepsy has always meant that I would feel like a terrible danger to everyone else)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning everyone, hope you are all doing okay. Not sure what I am up to today, but i will try to keep myself busy.

Happy Thursday :)

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'm definitely persuading him to take us to Morrisons on Wednesday!

(I don't drive and never have - epilepsy has always meant that I would feel like a terrible danger to everyone else)

My mum had epilepsy too, but I didn't know for along time, it wasn't spoken about. All me and sister knew was she took phenobarbitone, my mum never drove either, but my dad did.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, have a good Friday.
Slightly high this morning, 8, so not big gasp high, and I’ve woken much later than usual. It feels odd, like going back to younger times, but it’s probably because I wasn’t woken earlier by moans about a lump of titanium.

Reactions: kitedoc

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
My mum had epilepsy too, but I didn't know for along time, it wasn't spoken about. All me and sister knew was she took phenobarbitone, my mum never drove either, but my dad did.

Not so very long ago it was seen as something to be ashamed of. Epileptic children were hidden away (literally in some cases. Children would be "attic kids" not allowed downstairs).

Me - I was brought up to know it wasn't my fault, wasn't my parents' fault; it's just one of those things so no reason to beat myself up, feel ashamed or anything else. Mind you, I got made fun of in my teens because of the fits and the drugs - a lot, so I became a social recluse until I got to my 20's and thought oh b****r them all, and started living....

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think @porl69 should follow the Alexander McQueen with a touch of Vivienne Westwood. There must be some in a charity shop.
My lovely sister-in-law used to shop at one that had wonderful discards from the too-rich-for-their-own-goods and she always looked fabulous.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ummm.........it Thursday!

Edit: LOL !

See above. And I can’t even plead hypo! I think it’s the cat’s fault, he’s taken my sleepy brain and used it as a cushion.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning fellow caddies.
Horrendous BGs after work, got them upto 21!!! Decided on a set change and I noticed the canula was slightly bent, so am putting it down to that :)

@Mel dCP what have you started with the frock!!! I am going to be moderated now .... I DO NOT WEAR A FROCK.... (unless you ask me nicely) (oh, and its friday evening ;))

@helensaramay good luck with your Medtrum trial

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Maybe sailing tuition and navigation will be on the curriculum to teach, but you will need to clarify if that is about sailing boats or diabetes.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good morning fellow caddies.
Horrendous BGs after work, got them upto 21!!! Decided on a set change and I noticed the canula was slightly bent, so am putting it down to that :)

@Mel dCP what have you started with the frock!!! I am going to be moderated now .... I DO NOT WEAR A FROCK.... (unless you ask me nicely) (oh, and its friday evening ;))

@helensaramay good luck with your Medtrum trial
Bent cannulas, should be reported to the police. Maybe think about using the the steel ones instead?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning,

As I prepared for my shower this morning, I ceremonially put my night time pump belt in the washing pile. Tonight I should not be needing it as my Medtrum trial starts this afternoon.
I have realised one small problem - I change my pump in the morning so I can slowly remove the cannula in the water of the shower to avoid too much pain. Patch pumps last for 72 to 80 hours. I think my first pump will last less time because I am not getting in the habit of changing it at 3:30pm. And changing it after work makes me nervous in case it has problems in the night.

I am also contemplating having a mini skive this morning as I get some passport photos taken. They are needed for my Irish Foreign Birth Registration and have to be signed by someone in a recognised official role like a pharmacist and I have a prescription to pick up tomorrow. I also need a certified copy of mind and my Mum's passport and I am seeing my Mum next week so I can pick her's up then. Then I should have everything I need to send my application off.
Best Wishes for a successful trial. You could also double check dimensions and see how the patch compares to what Omnipod wearers say about dimensions of their patches. I agree that 'tis best to avoid pump refill/ changes at night.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I can report on the dimensions of the Medtrum but it is of no value to me as the OmniPod is not available in my area.
It is great in UK that due to the NHS, we do not have to worry about cost and insurance of diabetes tech and medication but it is frustrating that we are restricted by what tech is available and that it is a postcode lottery.
And i guess you cannot use your mother's address or one in Ireland ? Better yet a pump swop scheme to overcome the ridiculous postcode pump lottery !

D

Deleted Account

And i guess you cannot use your mother's address or one in Ireland ? Better yet a pump swop scheme to overcome the ridiculous postcode pump lottery !
Nope. It is not about my address or my parents one but the address of the diabetes team who manage my diabetes care.

As for Ireland, if I have a permanent address in Ireland (which I don't), I would have to use the Irish health care system.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Nope. It is not about my address or my parents one but the address of the diabetes team who manage my diabetes care.

As for Ireland, if I have a permanent address in Ireland (which I don't), I would have to use the Irish health care system.
As Aussies we find a way if we have to. Most docs hate bureaucracy and that can provide ways to use the system to the advantage of the patient. As you well know the decision-makers are so far removed from everyday life as to be useless and they are invariably faceless which us an interesting challenge for the plastic surgeons, over there and here.
And the excuse that DSNs are not trained for this or that pump is a convenient excuse to quell protest. Where is PM May when you need a supposedly influential T1D? Opps forgot, locked in Brexit tower awaiting a pardon by young Archie in years to come.

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Arrrgh... Jelly Babies...

What - there's an incoming invasion of them and we should all take shelter? Or you've stuffed yourself on them and your blood shot up like it was rocket powered?

Reactions: hh1 and Capt-Slog