Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

BPBP

7.9 this morning. was diagnosed with type 2 in august 2018 with a1c of 93 went on 800 Calorie diet for two months losing 12kgs and got a1c down to 43 by October 3 with intermittent metformin use then stopped metformin and had Jan 2019 a1c reading of 34 and told in remission. Wondered what signs people get that they are falling out of remission my morning bloods have always been slightly higher around 7-8 then two hours after eating 6.6 to 6.9 recently though have been lower below 6 a month or so ago. Any advice appreciated!!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @BPBP. Morning (fasting) blood glucose levels are often higher due to 'Dawn Phenomenon' where our livers dump stored glucose into our blood stream to get us going for the day.

BPBP

Welcome to the forum @BPBP. Morning (fasting) blood glucose levels are often higher due to 'Dawn Phenomenon' where our livers dump stored glucose into our blood stream to get us going for the day.
Thank you - Prem51! I wonder if you have any advice on staying in remission and warning signs you may be falling out of remission?

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 a wee while ago and no midnight ‘feast’ to blame

I feel for you.... probably any stress? cold? flu? rogue strip? wash hands? I noticed that using fresh lancet sometimes gives a different number - anywhere between 0.5 to 1.0 lower. Since then i have been very particular about washing with soap, drying and using fresh lancet (as often as feasible). And numbers seem lower. Turns out more expensive ... so i am pricking less often

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
Clean hands, always use fresh lancet ( I’m lucky that my Krankenkasse pays for ALL my supplies - lancets, sensors etc) and no stress, colds or flu. I’m looking at it as a ‘c’est la vie’ situation- no point in stressing. Enjoy your Sunday - I have a puppy-training-session-in-the-rain morning. It’s compulsory (Law) so i can’t avoid.