What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 and an early appointment at the docs for a general review. I'm not overly worried as my health seems ok lately apart from not losing weight. There are worse things in the world so I am grateful for 'where' I am. Hope you all have a great day :)

I love driving, even in countries that refuse to drive on the correct side of the road ;):) I know a lot of people on the spectrum who won't/can't drive, my wife being one of them, so I value the fact that it is one of the things I love in life. Always up for a road trip :)

Brilliant!!!
I too love driving (usually)...

>^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @dogslife what a difficult time for you all, it must be exhausting and heartbreaking leaving your mum every day. You are right though, the only thing you can do is take each day as it comes at the moment. I will hope and pray that all goes well for her - and you too. Don’t neglect yourself and your own health.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all goes smoothly with the appointment gennepher...I remember our journeys to Holyhead (thankfully on the train) the start of our travel to Dublin...onto the ferry & as sick as a dog on the crossing.

Thank you.
Still have problems with the processor. I’ve come to conclusion they will never be sorted...this technology will always have hiccups...

Poor you on the ferry...

>^..^<

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 Wednesday morning.
@SaskiaKC if you can get yourself to Gatwick I dont think you will have any problem getting someone to drive you to Blandford. We could do a rota for days out exploring while Bobs and Daisy could show the KC their naughty tricks and splendid rugs!

That sounds great! :) ^. .^. .^. .^

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.3 today after a very satisfactory supper of moules and monkfish and a good sleep. We had a long walk in the rain and wind yesterday which must have helped too. Seems like its bad weather across the country as here but yet Cornwall is just tickety boo! @gennepher hope all goes well at the hearing clinic. Take care everyone out and about. Stay well, stay safe.
Thank you, but still problems on the processor front. Don’t think they will be solved. But I did typewrite everything out and asked it to be placed on the files...

Cornwall has been amazing each time I have been.
Looks like you are really enjoying it!
Have fun!

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 6.2 this morning after a panic realising I hadn’t replaced cat litter when emptying it for bins last night. Poor cat not amused but had waited cross legged, bless her.

@gennepher hope your journey and your cochlear appointment are stress free

Poor cat! She was very good!

I have almost never encountered so much rain when driving, flooded roads, flooded fields, almost nil visibility. Yet my friend who lives 10 miles away as the crow flies had no rain at all!?!

There are still technological problems with processor and app to control it, which don’t appear to be able to be resolved any time soon...

Disappointing...

>^..^<

Reactions: jjraak and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I hope that your appointment went well and that by now you are safely home and dry.

Thank you for your good wishes.
I am now safely home and dry...and tired...

They don’t seem to have an answer to the problems with the processor. They say the technology is still very new and not ironed out yet...

So disappointed but not surprised.

Hope you and KittenCat have had a good day

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BE87EFBE-C2AB-47D2-9AF1-8CCFDDDD220E.jpeg

Cat missed me today and has now claimed my tummy....I have a good hot water bottle...

Night night
Sweet dreams x

>^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor cat! She was very good!

I have almost never encountered so much rain when driving, flooded roads, flooded fields, almost nil visibility. Yet my friend who lives 10 miles away as the crow flies had no rain at all!?!

There are still technological problems with processor and app to control it, which don’t appear to be able to be resolved any time soon...

Disappointing...

>^..^<

Oh what a shame it’s still not sorted. After such a horrible journey it would have been so nice to have a good outcome. Disappointing seems like a massive understatement.

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh what a shame it’s still not sorted. After such a horrible journey it would have been so nice to have a good outcome. Disappointing seems like a massive understatement.

I will probably be a bit quiet for a few days. Then investigate online what I can do on this, if anything. How can I get the best out of this? Maybe talk to a few people. I just want to sleep at the moment, but I am over tired, and then wake up and start the day afresh tomorrow...frustrated is a better word on this...

>^..^<

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Just to say a sincere thank you for the supportive comments I have received today. They were really appreciated. Neither my OH or myself have any other siblings, have already lost our other 3 parents and have no family of our own so it is important for mum to see us as much as possible. A cousin of mine has kindly visited mum a few times to give us a much needed break but we still visit mum every day. It makes a big difference to know that others understand and are good enough to take the time to offer support, especially when you have problems of your own to deal with. You are all very kind.:)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. Haven't been on board for some time. Last fbs was 8.1. It's 21/2 weeks since mum broke her hip and we are still visiting hospital c6 hours/ day. Mum has now recovered from her surgery and infection but her legs are permanently bent at the knees so she cannot walk and her Alzheimer's has progressed. She cannot understand where she is, why she is there and why she cannot go home. She is so anxious and needs constant reassurance and I am spoon feeding her with many of her main meals. The hospital have requested an assessment placement for mum to discover what happens next but as yet we haven't heard where or when. It is so hard leaving mum at the end of visiting time as she begs me to take her home. Sadly, unless there is great improvement, it is looking like she won't be able to go back home. :(We are taking each day as it comes and praying all goes well for mum. The only good thing at the moment is I've lost several lbs in weight due to the long walks to/ from and around the hospital. Every cloud-------. Best wishes to you all:)

Hugs

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to say a sincere thank you for the supportive comments I have received today. They were really appreciated. Neither my OH or myself have any other siblings, have already lost our other 3 parents and have no family of our own so it is important for mum to see us as much as possible. A cousin of mine has kindly visited mum a few times to give us a much needed break but we still visit mum every day. It makes a big difference to know that others understand and are good enough to take the time to offer support, especially when you have problems of your own to deal with. You are all very kind.:)

HUGS ....

Reactions: gennepher

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday started with a 6.8. Not great but i am ok. Last night was salad with a small piece of salmon but later in the night i had some yogurt which I think is better avoided in evenings. Oh, and to go with salmon i had two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc ... a nice one from Chile!! Anyway all that led to 6.8 in the morning. Does wine impact numbers- never fully understood the relationship!

Breakfast was eggs, a few veggies, a whole wheat toast and some plain yogurt with one wedge of apple chopped in. BG numbers are ok after two hours. About 7.5.

I do seem to feel hungry right after a meal but it gets better after an hour or so. Is this something to be expected with moderate low carb WOE? My carbs in breakfast @ 7:30 am were probably 20g.. I don’t feel full right away and a bit peckish but by 9:30 or so I feel ok. Not sure what is going on.

Have a great Thursday everyone

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, we lost a pear tree to the storms so I have clear that up. Luckily it missed everything in its fall so it will just be a chainsaw job. Shame though as it was a lovely tree and the pears had just started forming.