1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.5 Wednesday morning.
    That sounds great! :) ^. .^. .^. .^

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you, but still problems on the processor front. Don’t think they will be solved. But I did typewrite everything out and asked it to be placed on the files...

Cornwall has been amazing each time I have been.
    Looks like you are really enjoying it!
    Have fun!

>^..^<

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. gennepher

Poor cat! She was very good!

I have almost never encountered so much rain when driving, flooded roads, flooded fields, almost nil visibility. Yet my friend who lives 10 miles away as the crow flies had no rain at all!?!

There are still technological problems with processor and app to control it, which don’t appear to be able to be resolved any time soon...

Disappointing...

>^..^<

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  4. gennepher

Thank you for your good wishes.
    I am now safely home and dry...and tired...

They don’t seem to have an answer to the problems with the processor. They say the technology is still very new and not ironed out yet...

So disappointed but not surprised.

Hope you and KittenCat have had a good day

>^..^<

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. gennepher

BE87EFBE-C2AB-47D2-9AF1-8CCFDDDD220E.jpeg
    Cat missed me today and has now claimed my tummy....I have a good hot water bottle...

Night night
    Sweet dreams x

>^..^<

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh what a shame it’s still not sorted. After such a horrible journey it would have been so nice to have a good outcome. Disappointing seems like a massive understatement.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gennepher

I will probably be a bit quiet for a few days. Then investigate online what I can do on this, if anything. How can I get the best out of this? Maybe talk to a few people. I just want to sleep at the moment, but I am over tired, and then wake up and start the day afresh tomorrow...frustrated is a better word on this...

>^..^<

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just to say a sincere thank you for the supportive comments I have received today. They were really appreciated. Neither my OH or myself have any other siblings, have already lost our other 3 parents and have no family of our own so it is important for mum to see us as much as possible. A cousin of mine has kindly visited mum a few times to give us a much needed break but we still visit mum every day. It makes a big difference to know that others understand and are good enough to take the time to offer support, especially when you have problems of your own to deal with. You are all very kind.:)

• Hug Hug x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Goacher55

Goacher55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hugs

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. SaskiaKC

Thanks. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Shas3

Shas3 · Well-Known Member

HUGS ....

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SaskiaKC

A thought for Thursday:

Never trust an atom. They make up everything.
    -- The Guest Cottage

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
  13. Shas3

Shas3 · Well-Known Member

Thursday started with a 6.8. Not great but i am ok. Last night was salad with a small piece of salmon but later in the night i had some yogurt which I think is better avoided in evenings. Oh, and to go with salmon i had two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc ... a nice one from Chile!! Anyway all that led to 6.8 in the morning. Does wine impact numbers- never fully understood the relationship!

Breakfast was eggs, a few veggies, a whole wheat toast and some plain yogurt with one wedge of apple chopped in. BG numbers are ok after two hours. About 7.5.

I do seem to feel hungry right after a meal but it gets better after an hour or so. Is this something to be expected with moderate low carb WOE? My carbs in breakfast @ 7:30 am were probably 20g.. I don’t feel full right away and a bit peckish but by 9:30 or so I feel ok. Not sure what is going on.

Have a great Thursday everyone

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning folks, 5.3 this morning, quite happy with that after a bowl of the MiL's lamb broth for tea, wing of bat eye of newt etc.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  15. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

6.2 for me have a good day everyone

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.2 this morning, we lost a pear tree to the storms so I have clear that up. Luckily it missed everything in its fall so it will just be a chainsaw job. Shame though as it was a lovely tree and the pears had just started forming.

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.1 this morning. Lack of walking or excess of chocolate a couple of days ago seem to have pushed me out of the 5s. One can never take one’s eye off the ball for a second it seems.
    I’m driving to Plymouth with middle daughter today - she is transferring her mental health nursing degree there so she can live with us in Cornwall. She’s meeting her tutor and wants to check out travelling times, parking etc. It’ll be a trip down memory lane for me as Mr C and I both studied at Plymouth (Poly as it was then, before it got an inflated sense of importance and became a university) 40yrs ago. I’m looking forward to seeing it again.
    @Shas3 I also find that lag effect after eating and before I feel full. If I’m not careful I’ll just have ‘a bit more’ and carry on until I realise I’ve had way too much and am now uncomfortable full. I have to tell myself before a meal that this before me is a portion. Wait 1/2 hr - 1hr or so and then, as you said I feel fine.
    Re wine I find a glass or 2 of red or a g&t will often give lower fbg but white wine, even dry white is naturally a bit sweeter and doesn’t always have this effect.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...in one of those cant be bothered moods today...couldn't be bothered to make fresh coffee so had instant ...couldn't be bothered to make breakfast...can't be bothered to open the curtains I know what's there (rain)… forced myself to test woke to a 6.1

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. True Blue

True Blue Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all. Had a few naughty beers last night. Think I'll try the brand which claims "all the sugar turns to alcohol". 2nd thought. Why not try no beer?

FBG 7.0 at 06.30 today.

Off to an exam board conference. Two days with lunchtime buffets, but should be alright in the evening restaurant. Have a great day everyone.

• Like Like x 12
  20. gennepher

Fbg 9.9
    Meter seems to be stuck I think...but suits me...
    Weather is stuck too with rain and grey skies...
    I have research to do today...
    Then I have decided to treat myself to a Carvery roast lunch...not had one since Christmas...

Have a good day…I intend to…

>^..^<

Update: Just remembered I have the diabetic Dietician appointment this afternoon....

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #3240 gennepher, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:08 AM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 7:24 AM
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook