1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Oh Alfred, what shall one do with you? Have you forgotten so soon the last imbroglio with a frisky young thing? Still, perhaps the inevitable lurid tabloid headlines will replace the tales of the number of lines enjoyed by the unspeakable .

• Funny Funny x 11
    #3201 ianpspurs, Jun 12, 2019 at 9:22 AM
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  2. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

6.2 at 8:00 depressing rain her i DK just like en GB :wideyed:

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all. Haven't been on board for some time. Last fbs was 8.1. It's 21/2 weeks since mum broke her hip and we are still visiting hospital c6 hours/ day. Mum has now recovered from her surgery and infection but her legs are permanently bent at the knees so she cannot walk and her Alzheimer's has progressed. She cannot understand where she is, why she is there and why she cannot go home. She is so anxious and needs constant reassurance and I am spoon feeding her with many of her main meals. The hospital have requested an assessment placement for mum to discover what happens next but as yet we haven't heard where or when. It is so hard leaving mum at the end of visiting time as she begs me to take her home. Sadly, unless there is great improvement, it is looking like she won't be able to go back home. :(We are taking each day as it comes and praying all goes well for mum. The only good thing at the moment is I've lost several lbs in weight due to the long walks to/ from and around the hospital. Every cloud-------. Best wishes to you all:)

• Hug Hug x 14
  4. ianpspurs

My heart goes out to you, your family and your mum. Your post certainly puts concerns about fbg levels into context. Best wishes and prayers for all concerned.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you so much ianpspurs. You are very kind.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good afternoon all :)

4.9 today for me

our internet is a bit flakey today :sorry: but this often happens when BT are working at the small exchange up the road from the village ;)
    It's a grey day here today so gardening is largely off the menu since our electric brush trimmer died at the beginning of the week, a replacement is on the way which means a moratorium on my constructive destructive tendencies for now :D
    We do also have a small petrol one (which lives at mum's) but I personally find that one a bit heavy sometimes since I tore part of my rotator cuff a few years ago.

@dogslife sending a hug to you and your family in these difficult circumstances

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My 18-year-old car died nearly 7 years ago, 3 days before I was due to move here from BirmingHAM. I have been without a car ever since, for the first time since I was 16, and I hate it. But the traffic here is notoriously bad, and I don't enjoy getting out and traveling by car, and I am glad I'm not the one having to deal with the traffic. What I miss is the independence, the freedom to go where I want to go when I want to, without the stress of having to be ready to go on someone else's schedule, or the stress of being ready to walk out the door and then having to wait on someone else -- it's not that I mind the waiting mentally but I don't deal well with it physically.

On the other hand, I know I could not afford to keep up a car now -- oil changes, tires, etc. -- and the new ones don't seem like they'd be fun to drive, they're more like computers on wheels than mechanical magic carpets. I like to shift gears, not press buttons.

But if I could move to Blandford Forum, I would certainly like to hire a car at Gatwick and ask you to meet me there and drive me to Blandford!

• Like Like x 8
  8. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It must be so difficult for you & the family dogslife...as you say the best way is to deal with it day by day...you have my utmost admiration for the care & attention you and your family devote to your mothers welfare...it most be a comfort to her you attend daily.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I feel for you all, @dogslife . I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I went through similar situations with Mama. Prayers and hugs for you.

@gennepher I hope that your appointment went well and that by now you are safely home and dry.

@ianpspurs thank you for the laugh. I was picturing @alf_Josiah 's FBG as a pony let out of the barn after breakfast.

@Bildad I hope your mum's appointment went well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I used to live not far from Blandford so it would be my honour to serve :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  11. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you at his difficult time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Back from the hospital now. The appointment lasted all of 2 minutes. All clear for the moment check again in 3 months. Thank you all for your concern.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  13. ianpspurs

Fantastic news. Must be a weight off both your mum's and your mind.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good afternoon everyone. I had a splendid meet for coffee in the land of Poldark with the wonderful @DJC3 and we didnt come up for air for two hours.
    @dogslife sorry to hear how difficult it is for you all and of course your mum. You are doing everything and more than it is possible to do. Hugs for you all to find a satisfactory way forward. Dont forget to take care of YOU.
    @SaskiaKC if you can get yourself to Gatwick I dont think you will have any problem getting someone to drive you to Blandford. We could do a rota for days out exploring while Bobs and Daisy could show the KC their naughty tricks and splendid rugs!
    @Bildad glad it went well with your mum at the hospital even if it was rushed.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

little quote for today FB_IMG_1560268212424.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  16. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you. Back now. Still problems. They cannot sort out why app to control it from my phone keeps crashing. I showed them reviews of the app where others say the same thing. Oh, we have heard of that they said. So why isn’t it sorted I ask. Well it is new technology they said. It is still being worked on....huh???

The rain was horrendous this morning. Visibility was near nil, and the rain flooding was unbelievable. Yet, as the crow flies, 10 miles away my friend had no rain!!!

Hope you had a good day

>^..^<

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. gennepher

Brilliant!!!
    I too love driving (usually)...

>^..^<

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh @dogslife what a difficult time for you all, it must be exhausting and heartbreaking leaving your mum every day. You are right though, the only thing you can do is take each day as it comes at the moment. I will hope and pray that all goes well for her - and you too. Don’t neglect yourself and your own health.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. gennepher

Thank you.
    Still have problems with the processor. I’ve come to conclusion they will never be sorted...this technology will always have hiccups...

Poor you on the ferry...

>^..^<

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Bildad I’m so glad it all went well for your mum, you can all breathe a sigh of relief again now.
    @PenguinMum what a lovely morning - can’t believe we chatted like 2 long lost friends for 2 hrs. It was wonderful!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook