1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Aww. Sad. Your own fruit trees are the best and tastiest.
    Take care with the the chainsaw.
    >^..^<

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hugs...lots of them..
    Take care.
    >^..^<

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Up in the night with a migraine I get them a lot. I haven't found a trigger and was hoping that low carb might sort them but it hasn't yet. I have medication but it leaves me feeling groggy most of the next day. When I actually got up it was to a 5.5.
    Off later for last week's bloods results - a "chat" with the practice nurse. First though there are bins to put out
    Take care

• Hug Hug x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.2 - or was it 5.1 this morning. Perhaps I need another Nespresso to get my brain working. Although a chilly dog walk in the rain will definitely wake me up.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
  5. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

4.9 today

it's another grey day here in the North and only 9'C , at least it's not currently raining but I'll need my woolly pully today methinks ;)
    We'll be inside for most of the day today so perhaps I can do some laps of the 'shed' instead of a walk. I admit I didn't get a walk yesterday :sorry:

I smell coffee from the kitchen so mr gee has got his act together, I'd better go and do likewise

Hope your day treats you well :)

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

@Bildad so sorry to hear of you migraine and bearing that in mind bg was superbly behaved. Best wishes for the results and feedback. @HarrisonK great fbg but sorry to hear of the lost pear tree; @Krystyna23040 fbg nice and low as is @trick60. @geefull usual excellent fbg and hope the woolly pully and shed laps work for you. I'm off to have my broken tooth prepped for a crown - first dental work in at least 30 years so very apprehensive. Probably way too old for I was a brave boy sticker.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 3
  7. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    I trust that the dental work passes without too much pain (until the bill arrives).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. 5.4 for me today after probably the last moules in Cornwall. Going on the ferry to Polruan today for a bit of a walk on that side and back again to Fowey. We havent been back to Fowey in 23 years but nothing has changed other than a few extra houses on the way in. Its very pretty.
    @HarrisonK you have got me worried about my garden now. Are you in the south?@gennepher I hope you have a relaxing day with your cat after yesterdays trials and tribulations.@trick60 I bet the lamb stew was to die for...hope Mrs T is better.
    @DJC3 have a safe drive to Plymouth and enjoy being back in your old stomping ground. Did you and Mr C meet there?
    Have a great day everyone. Stay well, stay safe

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Goacher55

Goacher55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning.. great news my dishwasher is back.. plumbed in and everything :) my kitchen is almost fully functional again.. the floor is booked in for Tuesday so fingers crossed

This morning I feel a little in gopher land. Halfway between lala land and zonked.

I’ve tested and I’m on 3.8. On the random number generator. A little lower than I prefer.. a lot lower than I prefer but all bodes

I’m going to ask Siri to play guess Kim’s sugar reading.

Jeep smiling peeps

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Hug Hug x 2
  10. Goacher55

Goacher55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Siri guesses 7 he’s wrong too

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  11. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Oh that’s bad - instant koffy - oh dear, so sorry for you, a sure sign of a breakout of deep “can’t be bothered-itis”.
    Perhaps you need to speak to a Barisa and get this sorted before it worsens.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

The deluge has calmed; or is it calm before the storm and then the storm has abated, or subsided or just plain old stopped. Anyhow, not the worst I have witnessed but a pair of geese were waddling down the road this morning wearing snorkels and flippers - reminds me of how geese had their feet tarred to march off to the goose fairs (no - just knowledge, not something I witnessed in times of yore).

Anyhow, I was left unsupervised yesterday evening, Mrs Miggins and her sister off to the theatre to see a production of The King And I. In the fridge I spied a couple of saucisses de Toulouse and in a flash, chimp jumped out of it’s box and shouted; “oh, yum yum, these just must go into a chunk of baguette that Mrs Miggins has lounging in a bread sac in the depths of the cupboard. And, all star struck and gullible, and without a by your leave, and before I could react, your honour, and in my defence I was unsupervised.....
    Can you remember that programme called 77 Sunset Strip - the wheel of ancient knowledge and black and white TV programmes can and even issued forth those very same numbers, albeit with a small dot to separate them.

Teaching point: bread is still not good.

So, have a great day if you can:
    Big hugs @dogslife to you and yours in this distressing time.
    @Bildad - glad your mum is on the mend. Hope the migraine calms and that your blood results are all you wish them to be - commiserations to your bins for not being part of International Bin Day.
    @ianpspurs - hope the bill for the dental work is not as great as the physical discomfort caused by the tooth itself.

EDIT: It’s raining - again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Wonderful weather for the time of year isn't it?
    A rather grumpy 7.2 climbed out of the meter, swore at me and me's then vanished in a puff of methane. I must get that meter looked at, but in my heart of hearts I am certain my pals chaos and mayhem have been at it.

Well folks I can honestly say that playing " Sound of Silence " on the keyboard at full volume at 1am is not very neighbourly or so some of my neighbours informed me.
    Mrs J had a nice little surprise this morning, I woke her up playing " Early in the Morning " I thought it would be a nice start to the day for her....... apparently it wasn't.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  14. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It was a lovely tree, always gave a good harvest of pears. I'll dry the wood out and use it for the new bar-b-q's, pearwood smells nice. I have a very healthy respect for the chainsaw.

I'm in the Midlands on the edge of Birmingham, soil here is mostly clay and it is waterlogged at the moment.

They take so long to grow and we need every one of them given the state we've put our world into.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #3254 HarrisonK, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:29 AM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  15. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm on probation for that earlier admission dunelm..a .second coffee is brewing & about to be examined by a panel of experts if it meets the grade...I'll be released without penalty.;)
    '

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just so you know I strongly suspect its Bin Day in Fowey, black ones with orange lids, marine blue with black lids and one very pretty pale pink with a white lid (on closer inspection it was once red but may have been faded by the sun, not this year obs). If I got it wrong and its not collection day then its defo Rearrange the bins day. Just glad I didnt miss it! Off to Polperro in a minute, we were intending to go by boat but there is a heavy drizzle and bad visibility so going by car instead.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  17. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

9.8 that’s ok
    Have a good day all

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you, dunelm.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. dogslife

Thank you Shas3:).

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. dogslife

We have fond memories of Polperro, PM. My father in law nicknamed it Pol'parrot. Enjoy. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook