What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@
I am excited to report we have a new addition to the family: Dennis a miniature schnauzer pup. It’s almost a year to the day since our feisty terrier Tilly died and we felt now was a good time for another doggy companion. He is adorable.
View attachment 33654
oh my goodness he is just gorgeous. He is going to be so loved by you all. Love the name too. Solid and sensible...hope he settles well. You are defo going to have some great times and hopefully steady low BG. Please keep the photos coming...

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today

Sun was out today in Blackpool! Forgot how good that feels. It's been a long time. Welcome back. Here to stay hopefully....but I'm a glass half full girl! Especially tonight as you will soon find out.

Saturday night.....don't cha just love em. Queued as usual for the worlds best kebab. Worth every second of the 30 minutes.

Back home now.... large glass of red poured. Hubby feeling left out at work cos everyone watching.....and discussing....Love Island. So tonight .....12 episodes. A marathon. I have a feeling this won't my only glass of red!!!

On a lighter note I'm going to catch up on my favourite thread. Every cloud....

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 10.4 at 6am

Found a roof tile sliding down my roof yesterday, so text my usual roofer (but it’s 2 years since he last came), but no reply. He had iPhone before so message was in blue couple years ago, but now the message I sent is green, so either he’s changed his phone or not in business and someone else has his number.

So it’s research a new roofer who texts, but a lot are landline only for initial contact (landline no good with me being deaf, I need text).

I need a roofer today before that tile shifts any further. I have a ladder, but I cannot get up it any more or else I would bed it in with cement myself...

>^..^<
|===|
|===|
|===|

I didn't do ladders even when I was 20-something. I could manage the ladder up to the attic, but it was in a hallway with walls all around. I could never do a roof. I maybe a cat person, but I will leave the roofs to the cats, whether hot tin or cold slate.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...feeling a bit rough...my knee was a nightmare yesterday...nothing seemed to take the edge off it...even prescription pain killers...I have spoken to my GP just before he leaves he's made a referral to the MSK team...will go for an x- ray in a week or so...wondering if the rise in my BG's (not a huge one) is a result of the pain/stress...it is slightly easier this morning but I won't be doing much today...on a positive note the sun is out and I have good coffee...woke to a 6.3

Coffee and sympathy and a hug, Bubbsie, and some purrs from the KittenCat. Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't do ladders even when I was 20-something. I could manage the ladder up to the attic, but it was in a hallway with walls all around. I could never do a roof. I maybe a cat person, but I will leave the roofs to the cats, whether hot tin or cold slate.

Cats definitely like roofs!!!

But roofs are beyond me now...however in response to my internet searches I got this gorgeous ginger haired young man...he went up the ladder and bedded in the tiles...but it cost me £80...

>^..^<

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't work regularly every day week or month dunelm...so have no set morning routine...yesterday was an aberration...I have a can of instant coffee for visitors only (those who have no objection to it)...I have so many types of coffee making machines from the complicated Kenwood one (that makes all the right noises)...numerous cafetieres...the stove top percolator...an electric percolator...filter... and in the brick outhouse still in possession of several full packing cases from our move here six years ago is my favourite... a filter machine you can pre-programme to have your coffee ready when you wake...perhaps the 'instant incident' will provide the incentive for us to unpack those boxes and release it.
Where is the WOWWWWW button

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Such shocking weather all over. Hard to believe it's June!

It's the same here. We thought the summer had come in early, with very high temps back in May. Then we got a few days of rain, and now it is chilly again. It was below 20 this morning, which is almost unheard of for June. I even put a sweatshirt on over my pajama top until I had my coffee. I walked over to the grocery store about an hour ago and although much warmer, it was still comfortable, around 26 degrees, not bad for mid-afternoon in June.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
83EC9877-AC61-4924-86A8-383E6BB3681B.jpeg
Here is a magic wishing well from my garden...
Make a wish and it might come true...
>^..^<

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am excited to report we have a new addition to the family: Dennis a miniature schnauzer pup. It’s almost a year to the day since our feisty terrier Tilly died and we felt now was a good time for another doggy companion. He is adorable.
View attachment 33654

Dear Dennis,

You are a darling! Welcome to the dog-and-cat forum.

By the way, there is a lovely little lady on here, name of Wispa ...

Purrs (no licks, please),

The KittenCat

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just caught up with posts so from international bin day to frisky young things frolicking in gardens green, to 89 year olds with really full lives, to cats with their pawsies crossed to Cornwall adventures to monsoon season in Britain. Fortuitously not a mention about all things brexit..

So my morning lightened by your posts to my randometer. A 4.7 resplendent on the screen. Nice to be out of the 3’s

Today I’m venturing towards catching up with laundry as my garage laundry has been out of action for a week ... there are only 2 of us thankfully.

I wish you all a very merry Friday. Kim xx
Did someone mention Brexit!!!!????

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cats definitely like roofs!!!

But roofs are beyond me now...however in response to my internet searches I got this gorgeous ginger haired young man...he went up the ladder and bedded in the tiles...but it cost me £80...

>^..^<

£80 would be a bit steep for a ladder or a roof, but for a gorgeous ginger-haired guy ...

Hmm ... seems reasonable to me! ;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the same here. We thought the summer had come in early, with very high temps back in May. Then we got a few days of rain, and now it is chilly again. It was below 20 this morning, which is almost unheard of for June. I even put a sweatshirt on over my pajama top until I had my coffee. I walked over to the grocery store about an hour ago and although much warmer, it was still comfortable, around 26 degrees, not bad for mid-afternoon in June.
While we were away it was between 11 and 14 degrees daytime.

Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 33654
What a little cutie!!! The time is right. Enjoy the new family member. What a lucky chap he is.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks adorable. Will be fascinating to see the impact Dennis has on your bg levels and general wellbeing. I have a hunch your bg is about to improve. I seriously doubt that you are slapdash, just doing your best. Seems to me plenty of us stare at this Rosrach blot and see all sorts of hidden patterns and meanings which aren't actually there.

I’m sure he’ll have a positive effect on wellbeing but maybe offset by lack of sleep for the first few days at least if I remember new puppy behaviour rightly.
Cant help agreeing with your point about Rosrach blot interpretation.