1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Gennepher - no they are not intrusive questions at all and I absolutely don't mind answering them. I am taking it in tablet form and I do agree that staggering the dose throughout the day seems to be the best way to take the Vitamin C rather than in one big dose. Although I must admit that I haven't staggered mine very well - taking 1000mg with breakfast, the same with my main meal and the 3rd one with a coffee.

I was worried about the body flushing the excess out and read this very interesting article by Patrick Holford https://www.patrickholford.com/blog/the-vitamin-c-pee-myth. He may be right - and I really hope he is because if not I am passing some really expensive wee.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Done that crossing almost every year of my life. Family from Dublin. The crossing can get very choppy. Passengers dropping like flies on more than one occasion!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Debandez

Oh my word. Your poor mum.....hugs to you too as you are really going through the mill. So much on your plate. Not surprised you haven't been on the forum!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shas3

Shas3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I wasn’t keen to check morning as i had three glasses of wine last night

• Like Like x 7
    • Hug Hug x 2
  5. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That sounds lovely. Thank you for posting about it. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning people, 5.5 on the dice, pulling a Saturday in at work today, holidays to pay for and all that.
    Have a lovely weekend all.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fbg 10.4 at 6am

Found a roof tile sliding down my roof yesterday, so text my usual roofer (but it’s 2 years since he last came), but no reply. He had iPhone before so message was in blue couple years ago, but now the message I sent is green, so either he’s changed his phone or not in business and someone else has his number.

So it’s research a new roofer who texts, but a lot are landline only for initial contact (landline no good with me being deaf, I need text).

I need a roofer today before that tile shifts any further. I have a ladder, but I cannot get up it any more or else I would bed it in with cement myself...

>^..^<
    |===|
    |===|
    |===|

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.4 for me it was nice not to wake up to no rain although it probably wont last have a good weekend everyone

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.7 this morning, had a restless night thanks to stomach acid but managed to get back to sleep at 0200. It was nice to wake up to the sunshine even though rain is forecast, perhaps an early walk is in order :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Hug Hug x 2
  10. Krystyna23040

I think when you flagged up the run of good fasting blood sugars the question suddenly popped into my head - why are they so good at the moment. Which made me look back at my records.

Thank you for calling me 'a young lady' - I only wish I was.

Almost forgot to post fbs - it was 5.1 - so the run of good numbers continues.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Debandez

Have you played the keyboard a long time Alf? We could do duets! Not quite the same when not in the same room though :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Debandez

On your next appointment why not take this. Some stats I collated last year for a meeting. Just one A4 sheet of similar results. Low carb works so well for so.many
    Hard to.believe DNs arent aware in today's day and age. Beggars belief! Well done bye the way.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Debandez

Such shocking weather all over. Hard to believe it's June!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Finally a dry morning! Not sure it will last though the clouds are very grey. 5.4 this morning. A stressful day ahead - A planning meeting for a Sunday school summer camp ( a week away with a dozen or so teenagers) The stress levels begin to build from here on in. I should be used to it by now this will be my 45th year but some of those were as a participant rather than a leader. It wouldn't be so bad if the government didn't keep adding red tape that we need to keep up to date with.
    Take care

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you @Debandez I am back there in 3 months so I will take it along. She seemed quite receptive just not that clued in.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Krystyna23040

@DJC3 - I find this T2D an endless puzzle - trying to work out what really works for me. Maybe (as my sister says) that I am a bit obsessive with my keto diet and record keeping but I find it endlessly fascinating that tiny tweaks to what I am doing can make a difference.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Debs just thinking about it as I sip my coffee makes me feel queasy.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. 6.3 this morning so out of Cornwall and back to the old levels. Tbh I didnt feel that great yesterday, ate very little and felt very cold. It was stunning driving across Dartmoor but we are done now. Had a reasonable sleep and heading for home after breakfast. @DJC3 hope you are feeling better after a blip a couple of days ago.
    @Bildad hope the meeting goes well you are very good to do what you do.
    @gennepher step away from that ladder...hope you find a roofer pronto!
    @Krystyna23040 you are storming it with those numbers.
    The chat about vit C has reminded me I havent been taking my vits while away. I tale 1000 slow release vit c, 2 x 500ml cod liver oil capsules (cos they’re big) and a multi vit b complex. Maybe thats why Inran out of steam.
    Have a good day everyone. Stay well, safe and dry if you can.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...feeling a bit rough...my knee was a nightmare yesterday...nothing seemed to take the edge off it...even prescription pain killers...I have spoken to my GP just before he leaves he's made a referral to the MSK team...will go for an x- ray in a week or so...wondering if the rise in my BG's (not a huge one) is a result of the pain/stress...it is slightly easier this morning but I won't be doing much today...on a positive note the sun is out and I have good coffee...woke to a 6.3

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It is a puzzle. I obsessed to start with but after about a year I gradually eased off, thinking I knew what ‘safe’ meals were, but even then I found there were just too many variables to take into account. Similar menus on different days would give completely different results. I think the confusing thing for me is the lag effect - it can take days for a spell of exercise or inactivity to show up in bg levels so it’s always hard to know what exactly the cause is/was.
    I think I need to go back to better record keeping though, it’s so easy to let things slip and allow small changes to sneak in - snacking for instance. I will endeavour to take a leaf out of your book and increase the mindfulness/ meditation too - another thing Ive let slip.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook