Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thanks @helensaramay 1 fruit pastille makes Madam rise by 1.5 but I just thought "sod it" I'll go lush and steal one of Mr B's biscuits, actually I stole 2!! Peaked at 16.6 so stuck in some Novo and should get down to 7. It's the yoyo that's a head shaker
When you are absolutly sick of the yo-yos and cannot get anything further from your health team i have a suggestion to two ( not advice).
If so please PM me. Cheers.

Reactions: WuTwo

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
More forgiving than the U.K. did they offer you a speed awareness experience?

Nope, there was a form included if I wished to contest it. (Usuals, "not me driving." "Not my car.")
All I needed to do was pay the fine...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, FIRST ON PARADE! Off to Hereford today to teach French. I don’t speak French. The school are well aware of this, but specifically requested me because of my “good classroom management” - ie I can deal with misbehaving kids quite well. All good fun, eh? On call later, so let’s see what the day brings. Woke up on a nice 5.5 despite a couple of high alarms during the night. Might have miscalculated the carbs in my fake chicken last night, need to look at that again. My ingredients came out at 4g; the recipe said 8. I’ve got some marinading in the fridge in a tandoori gloop, so will try dosing for 8g tonight and see what happens. Have a good one :)

What a relief! I just read an article about the ideal HbA1C for T1 diabetics and 6.5 is associated with the lowest all cause mortality rates. Between 6 and 6.5 is ok but less than 5.7 has the same mortality rates as greater than 7. I feel as though I can relax a bit! ( which will probably paradoxically lower my HBA1C and I’ll die anyway). Food for thought (and from now on for pleasure). Cheers. Leeanne
Do you have a link to the article? I’d be interested to read it :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Shame it doesn’t say what type - I was told by several of my dad’s parishioners that my diagnosis was a test from god. I expect I failed :D
No way. You are winning despite all dire predictions in this Universe, O Mistress of the Multiverses!

Reactions: WuTwo

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee I sympathise if it's a "variable" - I don't drive as much as I used to and watching out for those is still not something I'm automatically good at yet.

I had my sat nav with the limits set in MPH as a quick reference when abroad.. Sometimes there is a bit of "lag."
Hey! Lol, as far as I'm concerned it's just a souvenir of a pretty good holiday adventure.. :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning chaps, FIRST ON PARADE! Off to Hereford today to teach French. I don’t speak French. The school are well aware of this, but specifically requested me because of my “good classroom management” - ie I can deal with misbehaving kids quite well. All good fun, eh? On call later, so let’s see what the day brings. Woke up on a nice 5.5 despite a couple of high alarms during the night. Might have miscalculated the carbs in my fake chicken last night, need to look at that again. My ingredients came out at 4g; the recipe said 8. I’ve got some marinading in the fridge in a tandoori gloop, so will try dosing for 8g tonight and see what happens. Have a good one :)

Do you have a link to the article? I’d be interested to read it :)
Bon Chance! The HBAIC thingy might be from the ACCORD trial which was a mix of T2Ds and TIDs but mostly the former looking at HBAIC vs CVD, and high and low HBAICSs were associated with increased risk but other trials have not reported the same, only that higher the HBAIC the higher the risks. It could be that it depends on how you divide up the levels of HBAIC whuch sounds like a possible case of shonky statistics with ACCORD.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Bon Chance! The HBAIC thingy might be from the ACCORD trial which was a mix of T2Ds and TIDs but mostly the former looking at HBAIC vs CVD, and high and low HBAICSs were associated with increased risk but other trials have not reported the same, only that higher the HBAIC the higher the risks. It could be that it depends on how you divide up the levels of HBAIC whuch sounds like a possible case of shonky statistics with ACCORD.
Ah. The ACCORD trial. I know that one...

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning all, so I was complaining about messing up my dinner/tea/supper dose night before last, I slam dunked last nights risotto sweet as a nut (and I thought nuts were low carb :D), timed jab with correction to perfection. Was 10.3 before said meal, 5.2 before bed 4.2 this morning. And the meal was delicious too.

@MeiChanski just put them in whole and keep your mouth closed as you bite down :smug:
I guess you slipped up on the hi carb rice ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all, up at silly o'clock, I have been put on a different route as from last night, not too pleased :meh:

Happy Thursday guys have a chilled out happy day :)

Reactions: karen8967

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning All,

Just found this thread and happily got lost in it whilst drinking my coffee. With cream. Nom!

Well last night I had a little cry as I'm feeling frustrated about things at the mo (check my previous posts as don't want to bore) and finally my levels dropped to 11 before bed. (I know!)

Woke up for the loo and checked and they were 7.4 on the libre and going down, so set alarms through the night and nodded back off. Turns out they were dropping, and they went as low as 4.8. I still didn't treat them, knowing I have the beautiful Dawn P to look forward to. Surprisingly felt fine, no shakes or anything. Tested on the metre and it was 5.3. Went back to sleep. (I'm so terrified of hypos this is unheard of for me.)

Woke up at 8.8, (hey there Dawn!) And I had my CWC, and my basal. Ran around the house like a crazy woman picking up after kids that seem to believe theres magic afoot, everything dropped on the floor disappears and clothes miraculously make it back to the hangers..I'll let them off. School run goes surprisingly well, check levels upon returning and there they are, 14.4.

Wonderful.

Take 8 units of Fiasp, whilst stirring and measuring my next coffee. Stomach is grumbling now and despite my low carb vrs weight watchers debate, I go for full fat yoghurt and some raspberries. With sweetener, of course.

Now sat waiting for the repair man to come and fix my window which has lost its handle........
Do you keep up the salt and use magnesium supps whilst on low carb or are not in nutritional ketosis?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone woke to a 2.8 treated then was 5.2 went bk to bed as its my day off but ive got bk up as im wide awake. got yearly c.o.p.d appointment this morning dont feel its got any worse anyway have a good day everyone

Reactions: hh1

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Endo visit this morning. HBAIC is 36 mmol/l (= 5.6 %, ) from 39 in late February.
Off to the cardiologist next week for 5 yearly preventative heart check and repeat calcium score, last one 'normal for non-diabetic at same age'.
I do not believe that the ACCORD trial is the final say on HBAIC levels and CVD risk but let me see what the calcium score says!
The only 'bet' i have is a random draw in a raffle on Melbourne cCup Day here in Oz.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all!

I have bought a really good herbal because the surgery seem ever more reluctant to prescribe. As an example once upon a time if I told them I had cystitis they believed me, gave me the antibiotic prescription and I gave them my pee sample so they could confirm it. (I'm 63, I've had it before - is there something so weird about believing me)? The doctor used to believe me but now I get fobbed off with some nurse, who has confirmed leucocytes in the pee (very unusual for me) so she's sent it off for culturing. Meanwhile, no prescription. They reckon next week .....

While she's waiting, my abnormally low white blood count and lack of spleen mean I ain't doing too well at fighting this infection. I feel all feathery round the edges and the loo echoes to the sound of very rude words when I go for (yet another) pee.

So - back to my family's old ways - a herbal, a pestle and mortar, dinky little saucepan and let's see how she goes.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Endo visit this morning. HBAIC is 36 mmol/l (= 5.6 %, ) from 39 in late February.
Off to the cardiologist next week for 5 yearly preventative heart check and repeat calcium score, last one 'normal for non-diabetic at same age'.
I do not believe that the ACCORD trial is the final say on HBAIC levels and CVD risk but let me see what the calcium score says!
The only 'bet' i have is a random draw in a raffle on Melbourne cCup Day here in Oz.

Sure it'll be a good visit and hope the heart check etc all go well too!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Nope, there was a form included if I wished to contest it. (Usuals, "not me driving." "Not my car.")
All I needed to do was pay the fine...

Shame it’s euros, precious things these days.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Shame it’s euros, precious things these days.

Don't send sterling - the exchange rate will have changed by the time it gets there and you'll still owe them :rolleyes:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin’ everyone,

Hope all lurgies soon beating a retreat, only we who get rubbish lurgy BG know how awful it makes us feel. So hugs and empathy.

At last there’s a bit of sun outdoors. Washing to go out before a trip to the dentist for a checkup. The dentist I usually see’s on maternity leave so I’m hoping the one there in her stead won’t find anything new; the cost of fixing anything more than a filling’s horrendous, I can envisage lots of toothless people shuffling around swilling gruel in years to come. Stuff of nightmares.
Cat Brian’s been very affectionate this morning. He’s a rescue and occasionally feels the need to throw his considerable weight around so we’re braced for bites and leg leaps later. He’s lovely when his tummy’s extra full but if he got any heavier he’d break bones - he’s a BIG cat. But it’s just like the worst adrenaline swings of an antisocial hypo when he’s bored or hangry.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
When you are absolutly sick of the yo-yos and cannot get anything further from your health team i have a suggestion to two ( not advice).
If so please PM me. Cheers.
Thanks