What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all and happy Corpus Christi day. Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. No reading today as the joints issue probably related to some virus so I will learn nothing useful about impact of food and next bloods not until mid December. Unsurprisingly, low cals and carbs yesterday meant 3.30 wake up but it is light early and warmer than winter so all is well. Have a great day. @Krystyna23040 not having alcohol is easy but begs a big question. When we move there will be well over 250 bottles of wine and spirits to be moved but if I don't find a place for them in my woe what exactly is the point? Boys bought me a very nice bottle of Speyside single malt with a personalised message as a combined Father's day and birthday present no inclination to try it yet. Feel a bit guilty as they clearly knew what my preference was.
Virus - hope that clears up swiftly. Joint pain is not good. I learned to manage pain when I fractured my lower spine in the late 70`s and have used a combination of meditation and walking for back, knees, hips and now, hands.
250 bottles - you could have a yard sale or perhaps donate to a food bank (not the Speyside) if you don’t see the point of moving them.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Virus - hope that clears up swiftly. Joint pain is not good. I learned to manage pain when I fractured my lower spine in the late 70`s and have used a combination of meditation and walking for back, knees, hips and now, hands.
250 bottles - you could have a yard sale or perhaps donate to a food bank (not the Speyside) if you don’t see the point of moving them.
Sorry to hear of the pain issues and the earlier fracture. The bottles and our outsized tv are a remarkable lure for the boys to willingly chicken and house sit. I imagine as we move nearer them we may see even more of them - especially if they know what I have stashed away from them. To be honest, I don't actually know where I have hidden some of the better bottles so moving will be a voyage of discovery.

Reactions: gennepher and Viv19

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. It’s ladies day at Ascot. I’m not going; far too many dress code rules - dress length, straps - and on and on.

Despite three false starts during the night the wonder wheel of unfortunate events manage a 4.6 at 0600 when I eventually gave up and made tea.

Nice chat with a sister who lives in Texas on Skype yesterday; 1800 hours here, lunch time for her and her two tiny tots. We visited in April when if was only 70 degrees and the Bluebonnets were in bloom - 110 there at present - I am not very good in such heat - a sauna should be for just 30 minutes and optional.

Have a great day if you can, I have kefir to decant and a batch of turmeric tea to strain once cooled.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Lots of up and down numbers today folks. Mine was clinging on at 5.9. @ianpspurs hugs for the virus and pain, hope it packs up soon. On that theme sounds like your viewings went well so good luck with that. You could throw the house leaving/warming party of all time with your stash of bottles.
@johnpol with you on the choc sometimes you just have to. Your numbers will get better.@Bubbsie and @viv I am staying away from the “leadership” (misuse of term) other than news headlines because it just irritates me. When we were in Cornwall last week we didnt watch tv once and it felt so good. The whole world is going mad, an eastern country elected a game show host as PM...now who would we choose lol.
Have a good day everyone. Sun here now but another cold night.
Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Lots of up and down numbers today folks. Mine was clinging on at 5.9. @ianpspurs hugs for the virus and pain, hope it packs up soon. On that theme sounds like your viewings went well so good luck with that. You could throw the house leaving/warming party of all time with your stash of bottles.
@johnpol with you on the choc sometimes you just have to. Your numbers will get better.@Bubbsie and @viv I am staying away from the “leadership” (misuse of term) other than news headlines because it just irritates me. When we were in Cornwall last week we didnt watch tv once and it felt so good. The whole world is going mad, an eastern country elected a game show host as PM...now who would we choose lol.
Have a good day everyone. Sun here now but another cold night.
Stay well, stay safe.
Thanks for the good wishes - plenty of tea and naproxen are sorting the side effects. Parties have been downsized since Julie's 60th . Hope you have better fortune with your own house sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A gentle 5.4 for me this morning.

This trying to be sensible and politically correct is killing me.......
Normal service hopefully will be resumed tomorrow.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Chocolate gin...where...googling as I type:woot:.

Found it on Amazon, bit pricey at £25 for 500ml. I was saved though as the label shows a 'not for fat people' sign :)

gin.JPG

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahh not my tipple but impressive. @DJC3 has introduced me to Hotel Chocolate gin which must be the lowest carb choc on the planet. Win win.

Forgot to mention, the chap in the shop said it was good neat with ice and a sliver of orange peel. I’ve tried this and it was wonderful, also because it was neat it has to be sipped slowly. Sometimes a g&t disappears a bit too quickly!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a diabetes day off yesterday it felt good to concentrate on something I had far more control over...the house...back to such a busy thread...I think I have caught up with most of the posts...up early today...had coffee...now to tackle the outhouse & the unpacked packing cases...they've been there so long it's about time...woke to a 6.3

If I could I would offer to come over there and help you -- and then fly you back here to help me do the same! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC I hope the memories provoked are happy ones. I would find it quite upsetting to think I had disturbed you in any way. @Krystyna23040 hug for early waking and high fbg. I will be fine with plenty of tea and anti inflamatories. @karen8967 hope the low wasn't too bad and the rest is good - take care.

Thank you, @ianpspurs -- the memories you provoked were happy ones. I always enjoyed hearing Mama talk of her working life before she married Papa. She was a home economist and had many interesting jobs and got to travel a lot. The friend of hers whom I mentioned was from San Antonio (also in Texas) and they had quite a lot of adventures together. We always called that friend "Aunt." Hug to you for the memory, and in hopes that your whole birthday was happy and that you are feeling much better now. (( :) ))

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to mention, the chap in the shop said it was good neat with ice and a sliver of orange peel. I’ve tried this and it was wonderful, also because it was neat it has to be sipped slowly. Sometimes a g&t disappears a bit too quickly!
Ohh that sounds like a lovely cold weather drink...and I love orange and miss eating clementines. Thank you.