What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
marked as funny..cos i agree on that last bit..:)

but agree in general.
if we weren't measuring.... where would THAT leaves us,
IF we just THOUGHT we was doing OK..?

if we just thought all was good and took NO notes of BG's, etc
then we'd just set sail off into the sunset, as i suspect many others sadly do, believing all is OK,
before running into a storm we...
COULD have
Should have
AND would have,
seen IF we were testing..:***:

Have a good day @DJC3

Yes exactly. Well put.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The Horror. The Horror. No, not a low carbs diet but the current BBC "Future PM" show. We are failing our young people while these fake politicos strut their little hours upon the stage. Other countries must be truly aghast, that the nation of Peel, Gladstone, and Disraeli has come this low.

My blood glucose seems a bit trivial, compared with national humiliation.
Shocking state of affairs. They get paid an absolute fortune for....this!

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A more pleasing 5.4 this morning. Another damp grey day here. I do not have a TV so couldn't watch the circus last night. They could perhaps rename these discussions "I don't have a clue, get me in to there"
I am with @gennepher on this and don't want to know what is unfolding unfortunately I am hearing so can't avoid it altogether.
Off to work soon.
Take care
I love a good circus (I live in Blackpool and we have the best) this was nothing like a good circus.

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Slept in so apologies to those who struggled for taking yours. 5.8 at 08.30 so happy with that. @ianpspurs sending warm birthday wishes but hugs for the need of Naproxen. Good luck with the viewings, I have three this aft so need to be out of the house from 2 till 5pm, luckily I am going to call in on a friend who doesnt work on a Wed. @gennepher gosh you had a dramatic night with spidergate but great BG.
@SaskiaKC oh my G why do things happen like this way...it just not fair...hope you can come to a decision you are happy with. Sending hugs.
@DJC3 hug for the early start with little Dennis, bless him.
Hope those who slept badly have a restful day if possible.
Have a good Wed everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Happy belated birthday @ianpspurs and hope viewings went well for both you and @PenguinMum. Keeping everything crossed for you both.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reminds me of a beautiful poem...Beans beans are good for the heart the more you eat the more you...... think maybe it wasnt such a good idea!!!

My college friend the Air Force brat learned it from her dad: Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you t00t. :D

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes - that's exactly what happens. We amble along enjoying the scenery and chatting to other dog walkers. If course there is then the visit to a cafe or tea room - so a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing day and probably a good thing as it is the complete opposite of a normal working day.
Don cha jus love a cafe pit stop. What an amazing way to spend an hour or so. People watching from behind my shades when the sun is out is the icing on the .....cake!!!!????

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you had a good birthday. You have done really well not drinking alcohol since boxing day.
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Me and me's overslept this morning and with today being international bin day disaster.......

A humble 5.9 for me this morning. The surprising thing was this reading behaved itself unlike some of the other readings, one of which blew the fuse in the kettle.

Well folks whatever your plans are be nice to a stranger, make them smile and they will think you're nuts, but at least you can giggle.
@ianpspurs I played happy birthday for you this morning...twice because you are now old....( But younger than me ) . Just be grateful you didn't hear it.
Do you play like me, all the right notes, just in the wrong order! Les dawson style!

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all and happy Corpus Christi day. Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. No reading today as the joints issue probably related to some virus so I will learn nothing useful about impact of food and next bloods not until mid December. Unsurprisingly, low cals and carbs yesterday meant 3.30 wake up but it is light early and warmer than winter so all is well. Have a great day. @Krystyna23040 not having alcohol is easy but begs a big question. When we move there will be well over 250 bottles of wine and spirits to be moved but if I don't find a place for them in my woe what exactly is the point? Boys bought me a very nice bottle of Speyside single malt with a personalised message as a combined Father's day and birthday present no inclination to try it yet. Feel a bit guilty as they clearly knew what my preference was.
Send them to me, happy to help .:)

Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
marked as funny..cos i agree on that last bit..:)

but agree in general.
if we weren't measuring.... where would THAT leaves us,
IF we just THOUGHT we was doing OK..?

if we just thought all was good and took NO notes of BG's, etc
then we'd just set sail off into the sunset, as i suspect many others sadly do, believing all is OK,
before running into a storm we...
COULD have
Should have
AND would have,
seen IF we were testing..:***:

Have a good day @DJC3
To test is best

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
By all means please do, @SaskiaKC
our first time ever to cyprus, been to a few others of the greek isles, ( Rhodes, Corfu, Crete and my favourite, kefalonia)
so doubt it's too much different.
hoping to get a car and visit green line, if possible.

Does feel like i've been there already the amount of 'interesting ' post my Lauren of arabia has sent on to me to 'check ' out..:rolleyes:
fail to prepare = prepare to fail is NOT something i could EVER accuse her of when it comes to investigating a holiday destination.,..

she's part Poirot, miss marples AND sherlock holmes all rolled into one, once she gets on line..:hilarious:
I can relate to your good lady, we would get along very well.....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
she is easily upset by other things and I haven't wanted to walk in on her when she's in her litter box.
I wouldnt walk in on here but be there with the treat as she exits...because she is an indoor cat I think that couldwork. Alternatively foil or plastic bags but that would probably work best if she chooses the same area. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Its a good thing we love them so much!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I may try some foil. She would not like the sound or feel of that under her feet.

I am just very glad she still tinkles in the litter box, as poop is so much easier to remove from the carpet.
Oddly enough if you do clean the soiled areas with any kind of strong chemical particularly bleach that won't deter them...often cats are attracted to the chlorine it has been suggested it is connected to their pheromones...triggering a hormonal reaction...usually cats 'mark' as a protest...I do remember my old cat Gorgeous who did exactly the same when the boyfriend arrived...try a little catnip heading towards the litter tray then a teeny amount in the tray...do you have catnip there?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bill could be drastically reduced and many lives saved. Many complications avoided. At least give people the choice.
There's too much money involved for a swift solution Debs...the useless courses must cost an absolute fortune...the facilitators conducting them are paid...the CCG's who interpret the NICE guidelines narrowly/incorrectly and refuse in the main to allow GP's to prescribe or recommend testing for non insulin dependant T2's to test are on six figures salaries...and then of course Doctor & nurse always know best!...that is what we have to contend with...there is a lot of money in health management...there's a lot of money in health mismanagement too...it's a long road to the truth.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oddly enough if you do clean the soiled areas with any kind of strong chemical particularly bleach that won't deter them...often cats are attracted to the chlorine it has been suggested it is connected to their pheromones...triggering a hormonal reaction...usually cats 'mark' as a protest...I do remember my old cat Gorgeous who did exactly the same when the boyfriend arrived...try a little catnip heading towards the litter tray then a teeny amount in the tray...do you have catnip there?
Catnip...didnt think of that...genius!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What an absolute nightmare for you. You aren't getting any help with this i can see. Low carb may help, a lot. Check out diet doctor website. Google videos on the subject. Jason fung is amazing. Dr Ken berry. Dr David unwin. The Diabetes Code by Fung is excellent.

Okay.
Thanks for those.
I will look them up.

>^..^<