What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We joke (well I'm only joking :watching:)
That she's the cat whisperer...:)

Does seem to have a knack of attracting them..

Plus the shaking of the cat treats probably helps..:hilarious:
Can she come up here, bring medieval dress and pipes and pretend we are in Hamelin?

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have become embroiled in a discussion in another place. One poster suggested that cats don't like marigolds, which led someone else to say that any brand of rubber gloves would do the trick. People being what they are, this led to a discussion about all pets being wary of rubber gloves, particularly when seen in the company of an enema or rectal thermometer..... but I will stop there, in case this is too unsettling for some. We are the owners of two pampered and much loved mogs before you all start discharging torrents of fear and loathing at me

So;
Lion poop
Several plants
Rubber gloves
Medical instruments.
Got it.

PS - don’t mention any of this to your mogs - meows get around.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
He's gorgeous john...a pretty big fellow...I couldn't do fostering I'd have to keep them all...I'm not sure if people are aware how loyal friendly & sweet they are...Harry is just a big softie
he's actually quite small compared to my Sidney, I offered to foster him but was told I couldn't so I collected him from his original home and then he stayed at mine to settle a bit then I ferried him to his foster. he was a big softy but a little unsure of what was going on bless him. They are a breed apart though.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the good wishes for eye injection tomo. @DJC3 I wasnt aware of being tense about tomo but maybe that combined with son going away may have a bearing. As always with Diabetes who knows!

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
he's actually quite small compared to my Sidney, I offered to foster him but was told I couldn't so I collected him from his original home and then he stayed at mine to settle a bit then I ferried him to his foster. he was a big softy but a little unsure of what was going on bless him. They are a breed apart though.
Actually john I meant 'rounded' really...shame you couldn't foster him you have the perfect environment & your own 'bullies'...poor fellow he looks a few years old he must wonder why he's not at home...yes they are a breed apart indeed...good work john.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Actually john I meant 'rounded' really...shame you couldn't foster him you have the perfect environment & your own 'bullies'...poor fellow he looks a few years old he must wonder why he's not at home...yes they are a breed apart indeed...good work john.
He's not yet 3yrs old, he was a lovely fella, our Sid and Trixie would have helped sort him out, and unfortunately there will always be a bulldog in need that we can help in one way or another (I will get off my soap box before I start ranting;)) but Bullies are the single most affectionate breed I've ever had, including the Staffordshire who are affectionate, just the best breed going really.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s an interesting concept - should I, like the young Roman emperor Elagabalus, have a lion or two?

Do you remember the story of Christian the lion who was ordered through Harrod's? True story.

Do sweetgums grow in Britain? I once brought a sackful of their seedpods to my boss who wanted to keep a neighbor's cats out of her front garden. You mentioned pine cones -- could you get a sackful of something like these? --

photo-1.jpg

There are sound devices that reportedly emit a sound humans can't hear but will repel animals. I imagine Amazon or similar might carry them.

Reactions: gennepher

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I have become embroiled in a discussion in another place. One poster suggested that cats don't like marigolds, which led someone else to say that any brand of rubber gloves would do the trick. People being what they are, this led to a discussion about all pets being wary of rubber gloves, particularly when seen in the company of an enema or rectal thermometer.....

I don't know about cats being wary of rubber gloves, but they frighten me. Just thinking about it makes me squeeze my cheeks together.

The worst thing of all is tomorrow I will be in hospital for serious liver checks seeing the top man from my transplant hospital.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you remember the story of Christian the lion who was ordered through Harrod's? True story.

Do sweetgums grow in Britain? I once brought a sackful of their seedpods to my boss who wanted to keep a neighbor's cats out of her front garden. You mentioned pine cones -- could you get a sackful of something like these? --

photo-1.jpg

There are sound devices that reportedly emit a sound humans can't hear but will repel animals. I imagine Amazon or similar might carry them.
Amazing. I’m pretty sure to find something similar.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 for me this morning after sleeping in 'til 9:00 (other than getting up early to feed the KittenCat and take a pill while I was up).

I wonder, if I started going over to her where she is sleeping and calling her out loud and waking her up, would she get the message that that is not a nice thing to do and stop doing it to me? ^. .^

Of course I wouldn't do it to her ...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know about cats being wary of rubber gloves, but they frighten me. Just thinking about it makes me squeeze my cheeks together.

The worst thing of all is tomorrow I will be in hospital for serious liver checks seeing the top man from my transplant hospital.
Hope the checks turn out to show everything is fine alf. Best wishes and holding you in my thoughts.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's your requirements taken care of but, to get back on topic, how do you propose to keep cats out of your garden?

I suppose to get back to the topic - my blood sugars at present are 5.2
As for the cats, I may have to call on the A Team.
What would really be handy is for a small group of very noisy and persistent people, say 3% of the population, to shout and scream about the rights of the gardener.. blah, blah, waffle, waffle in order to make current legislation more symmetrical. Oh, and about those flying pigs.....

Last edited:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose to get back to the topic - my blood sugars at present are 5.2
As for the cats, I may have to call on the A Team.
What would really be handy is a small group of very noisy and persistent people, say 3% of the population, to shout and scream about the rights of the gardener.. blah, blah, waffle, waffle in order to make current legislation more symmetrical. Oh, and about those flying pigs.....