1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

fbg at 4:15 am this morning.....drumroll...is 7.5

WHAT?

For me, that low? I am normally around 9’s, a bit above in double figures, but I cannot find a 7.5 in my little black book for a fbg....

It was a stressful day yesterday with driving that distance, the heat in the hospital, the wait because the morning clinics ran over, it was the eye check up from my laser treatment.

I have had less than 4 hours sleep, I can’t wind down yet, it will take me all of today. Yet I get a fbg of 7.5

Food wise yesterday was still very low carb, but the difference was I bought some really fresh fruit from the hospital farm stall, which is there daily, ate that while I was waiting in the heat and then driving home. I am talking of a humungous punnet of beautiful strawberries, that tasted as though they had just been picked off sun kissed strawberry fields. They were very local, just miles up the road. (I still have another very large punnet, and a punnet of strawberries. There is a heavenly scent from them.)

Then I had to pick up a parcel when I got home. I didn’t want to go out today, but stay at home. So I made the effort to pick the parcel. Next door was a fish and chip shop, and so I bought a piece of fish. Took the batter off, yes I had a tiny nibble, and just ate the fish inside. The fish in this fish and chip shop, is not frozen fish, but the fresh fish you get in some seaside town fish and chip shops.

How do I keep these lower blood glucose readings?

Grey day outside. Dawn woke me up when I would rather have been left asleep. Going to meditate now and then do my exercise and take it easy today.

If there had been beautiful blue skies it would have been uplifting, but no, another grey gloomy looking day...however I am uplifted by this 7.5

Have a good day

Take care x

>^..^<

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...an early start today I'm working...thankfully its only an hours drive I hope to be back by late afternoon...woke to a 6.3.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  3. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.2 here today nothing to report but !ore grey skies.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
  4. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning folks, 5.5 on the testing dice, very grey here too, have a good day all.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

6.2 for me have a good day everyone

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  6. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. 6.2 after a terrible night tossing and turning. When I did sleep I dreamt of a ninja tiger wearing glasses stslking my garden. After reading @gennepher s post heaven knows what dreams that will invoke. Great FBG @gennepher I think you have been gradually getting your numbers down and you are in a good place. @jay hay-char I do love a ginger cat. Off to the eye clinic in a minute after my first cup of tea.
    Have a good day everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  7. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hope that it is not too uncomfortable after the injection. Relaxing with lots more cups of tea afterwards should help.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

This made me feel sad to read. It is ok if they knew that cutting down the carbs would save their feet but they made the decision to go ahead with the carbs and take a chance on the feet. It's ok because they have a right to make that choice.

The people who I feel upset about are the ones that didn't know that the advice to base meals on carbs was the wrong advice and would have followed the low carb way of only they had known about it.

On a happier note - brilliant fbs and great that your hospital visit went well in spite of the oppressive heat.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’ll have everything crossed for you today.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was very good yesterday and it's a 6.3 this morning. Time to misbehave methinks, enjoy the (bin) day :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morening, no time to write the usual diatribe and unusual diatribe 6.4 today.
    Don't forget national bin day folks.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Bristol is a wonderful city, I have a brother who lives there. Are you being interviewed for a job there or for a study place?

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all from a damp, overcast, miserable Northeast I thought it was meant to be the summer (not jealous of those in the sunshine at all) the meter of doom threw a 7.8 at me, how dare it!! Mind I did have some cheese and pickled onions last night as an indulgent treat (not as nice as the bar of Hazelnut chocolate but the least said about that the better;)) anyway Rog "The Dodge" Fossie dog is settled in his new foster home and he seems to be coping.
    Good luck for today @alf_Josiah and anyone else having tests and results today.

Take care everyone.

• Like Like x 10
    • Hug Hug x 1
  14. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Hope everything goes well today @PenguinMum, @alf_Josiah and @pavlosn. Just because I haven't name checked (tagged) you doesn't mean I don't also wish the same for you but they need extra special good wishes.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. dunelm

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. What nut job decides to entice a buzzard into his back garden?

We are off to a large garden centre this morning for a look-see and will see if they can fulfill some of your ideas. Our back garden is full of light at night as Mrs Miggins has festooned the place with a good number of solar powered lights - there are even lights climbing some of the trees.

Cat silhouettes sound good, with glow eyes and we will think about the idea of chicken wire. We know about the half full plastic bottles - seen them in Spain but not sure how effective they will be on dull days.

Thank you again and everyone who has contributed - I think that I have heard enough about cats now. It’s like a cat version refresher of Sun Tzu, on the Art Of War and Sun Zi’s Military Methods. It’s all defensive tactics.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. dunelm

All the best for your hospital visit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. dunelm

All the best for the eye clinic

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. dunelm

Good morning and happy bin day everyone on this rather dreary morning here in the dark and dangerous north.
    The wonder wheel of Deno and the Cyclone let rip a steady 5.5 at wake o’clock this morning.

Off to the the garden centre this morning to buy defensive supplies in the ongoing campaign on the Catastrophe Front Line.

Hopefully the weather will start picking up later today and I can get my bike out for a spin.

I am expecting a new book purchase to arrive today. I thought about having a Kindle version but it’s not the same as having a book.

Anyhow, have a great day if you can.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    #4219 dunelm, Jun 26, 2019 at 8:21 AM
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  20. Viv19

Viv19 · Well-Known Member

An occasional mattress day can be just the thing for re-charging the batteries! :))

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook