nige1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Beans and Mushrooms
Hi,

Are there ANY biscuits I can eat without pushing my sugar levels through the roof? I've been diabetic type 2 for about 8yrs or so and still never got a hold of it in spite of trying.

Nigel.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome :)

Are you on insulin ?

As these are carb heavy it's not ideal unless you can manage it with insulin.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Are there ANY biscuits I can eat without pushing my sugar levels through the roof? I've been diabetic type 2 for about 8yrs or so and still never got a hold of it in spite of trying.

Nigel.
Hey Nigel,

Not that I know of, though there's recepies online for keto cookies... But you'd have to bake 'em yourself. If you're having trouble with your bloodsugars, what are they, and what does a regular day look like, meal wise? Maybe we can help? This could be a place to start: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ . As well as dietdoctor.com and this forum's website...

Good luck!
Jo
PS: Nothing wrong with some cheese or extra dark chocolate with your tea or coffee... ;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately no, if there was one the T1s would jump on it too. The sugar free cookies that I found are still high in carbs.
I've made my own almond butter cookies, you might need to substitute flour for almond flour etc.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Nigel.
How are your teeth, Nigel?

Biscuits cost me a lot of money at the dentist over the years.

Biscuits are naughty.

Chocolate washes out of your teeth more easily, probably won't contain as many nasty seed oils, and may even come with some health benefits. But you're only allowed one square ;).

How about some bacon instead? :D

(Disclaimer: All of the above is the exact conversation I have with myself whenever I'm tempted by those little blighters. I hope you didn't find my advice too annoying :)).

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You had me in here at biscuits! I do miss them especially the little ones they give out with coffee...
Do you miss the crunch and sweetness. If the former then here's a good recipe:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/parmesan-chips
If the latter then you may just be a sugar addict and would find it hard not to eat starchy sweet things even if they are killing you slowly!
There is a tendency in the keto/low carb world to make substitutes for bread/pizza/biscuits but just like non alcoholic wine/beer IMO I think its best for some people to just try and avoid even the substitutes.

Reactions: DJC3

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh biscuits biscuits biscuits, how I miss thee, the perfect mix of sweet, chewy, crunchy soft and chocolatey.

If you can eat two and they don’t have any effect on your blood sugar then why not but they are nutritionally damaging and addictive, I mean who eats just two?!

nige1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Beans and Mushrooms
Hello and welcome :)

Are you on insulin ?

As these are carb heavy it's not ideal unless you can manage it with insulin.

Not on insulin NO, on tablets.
Nigel.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not on insulin NO, on tablets.
Nigel.

Just test then Nige, you’ll soon know if you can eat them or not. There is a range of sugar free biscuits on the market but they still have white flour and frankenfats in them. You can make your own but they don’t have that satisfying snap and crunch and aren’t dunkable.

Reactions: nige1966

Sapien

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How about these 'Low-Carb Gingerbread Cookies' from the Diet Doctor Website.

Only 1g of Carbohydrate and releatively easy to make - Even I managed making them !!!
The only difficulty I had was in finding a supplier for the Coconut flour.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-gingerbread-cookies

I used to love gingerbread cookies. Interesting that they suggest eating with a smear of butter and blue cheese.

Does anyone know when coconut flour works better than almond flour in recipes and vice versa?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got a huge bag of coconut flour from Amazon.
Almond and coconut four have different properties when baking - coconut flour holds a lot more moisture for instance.