Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
It takes a lot to shock me but a judgment in a Scottish court case published a few days ago left me gobsmacked:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment-search?indexCatalogue=sheriff-court-judgments&searchQuery=2019+sc+liv+60&wordsMode=0

A mother had a bit of Munchausens by proxy going on and decided to get herself a bit of attention by injecting her young daughter with an estimated 170 units of Novorapid and ramming her pump basal rate up to 200% for long periods. I really can't contemplate what having that amount of iob would be like.

Aside from the shock value, I've read a few cases in the past where the court has had a really limited understanding of T1, but the sheriff here is pretty spot on with it.

Could do with a bug-eyed response to post emoji! So glad the sheriff had some understanding of T1.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I love crisps.

Can I just drop that in? Husband brought through packets ....

Reactions: MeiChanski

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Maximum carb load so far has been 20g in one go - I don't prebolus at all for that. In all honesty I feel so good on the diet I follow that I don't want to change things by adding carbs - I don't like the groggy "carb coma" feeling I get.

I went to the Abbott site online, contact/complaints and sent them an email on Wednesday. I’ve just had a reply asking for details of the Reader and error messages which I’ve sent to them today. I’ll let you know what happens.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooo, once my bf and I open a bag of crisps, we can't stop and we won't stop. :hilarious:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It takes a lot to shock me but a judgment in a Scottish court case published a few days ago left me gobsmacked:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/searc...gments&searchQuery=2019+sc+liv+60&wordsMode=0

A mother had a bit of Munchausens by proxy going on and decided to get herself a bit of attention by injecting her young daughter with an estimated 170 units of Novorapid and ramming her pump basal rate up to 200% for long periods. I really can't contemplate what having that amount of iob would be like.

Aside from the shock value, I've read a few cases in the past where the court has had a really limited understanding of T1, but the sheriff here is pretty spot on with it.

Poor poor child!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo Do you hate it when you pick up a bag of crisps and look on the back to find it has milk in the ingredients? :rolleyes:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I've been a good potato - stable all night and woke up on 8.1, but yesterday's mcdonalds session was worth it for my tummy but not diabetes. It screamed high for 5-6 hours. :grumpy:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I love crisps.

Can I just drop that in? Husband brought through packets ....

I love the lentil ones but have to hide some if I’m going to get any - whole family turn into vegesharks.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just spent a frustrating bs raising hour trying to pay tax through HMRC online site - don’t know why I bothered - total fail. Able to do it in a flash through online banking and sort etc codes for govt coffers. Hope not more redundancies looming for govt workforce.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I find the Womble one of the most useful sites I have ever come across.

And yes, sometimes only crisps will do. I think it's the salt.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oops, sorry @DCUK Mod, and @Mel dCP, I sent the reply to Mel, not to mod. Brain addled by Abbott and HMRC

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I went to the Abbott site online, contact/complaints and sent them an email on Wednesday. I’ve just had a reply asking for details of the Reader and error messages which I’ve sent to them today. I’ll let you know what happens.

For @DCUK Mod

Reactions: DCUKMod

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The students have left the Main Paid Work building in their own inimitable fashion. The leavers left with panache, oh my... "This is me" from the Greatest Showman really has become their anthem for this day and reports of me and my main students in a group hug dancing along and singing our hearts out will neither be confirmed nor denied.

Just three days of training to go.

The first round of gas men have done their bit. I sit and wait for the next one to arrive and dream of the possibility of the first bath since Tuesday.