What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Gruss Gott - not in Bavaria at present but it just sprang into consciousness and here we are, Saturday - a day of promises, prospects and for the most part avoiding any idea of being pointlessly dragged round overcrowded and badly laid out shops, cooing at stuff that a moment ago did not for you exist, has no practical use in anyone’s life and will probably not last the week - and on, and on.

The wonder wheel of waggery and skylarking whispered 5.2 on the japeometer this am.

All this talk about button down collars and loops in the 1960’s is making me thirsty so off to make koffy.
Have a great day if you can.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had 120g of protein more than double what I usually eat and always - with no exceptions over the last 3 years - it raises my fbs. Except this morning! Fbs 5.0 - which is brilliant.

Just had my Portobello mushrooms and stilton and am relaxing with coffee before I start on the bacon and eggs and sausage and more mushrooms.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 this fine morning after spicy monkfish last night.
It was sunny here at 6am so the day looks set fair. Am leaving within the hour to drive to Kent to see my very dear friend. We are going to a nice garden centre and then spending the rest of the day planting. Then probs sit and admire with a glass of something chilled.
Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday. Stay well, stay safe.

Sounds like a perfect day. Nice start too,with good fbg - the fish influence again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning each. Mild and still in the flatlands of Cambs. Peter the meter thought it would be highly amusing to spread the rumour that my fbg was 4.5 but I am wise to attempts to spread disinformation. Obviously tired of using the rouse of using dat or de other information. @pavlosn glad it was cooler and bearable last night. @PenguinMum have a great day in Kent. Some picturesque villages and towns with lovely cricket grounds which kept my balance when in exile. @DJC3 you have every reason to enjoy the moment you are in. Have you come across this resource for your daughter's issues https://www.dietvsdisease.org/fodmap-food-list/
Off to choose carpets for the new house over the border in Suffolk so all getting real. Amazing how in the space of about 2 fields it goes from black fenland to whitish Breckland. Enjoy your day. Tomorrow it's coming home.

Thanks for the link. We have a list of the foods in the kitchen but the menu ideas are very useful - we have no real structure at the moment, just last minute decisions and I don’t like that so it will be very useful.
Have fun choosing carpets, I’m impressed you are going along - the move is certainly becoming reality for you now. Hope it goes smoothly.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the link. We have a list of the foods in the kitchen but the menu ideas are very useful - we have no real structure at the moment, just last minute decisions and I don’t like that so it will be very useful.
Have fun choosing carpets, I’m impressed you are going along - the move is certainly becoming reality for you now. Hope it goes smoothly.
Happy to be of any small help knowing first hand how horrible the problems can be. Left all alone goodness knows what horror show Julie would select - maybe even patterns:arghh::arghh::arghh: Also meeting No 1 son and grandson who want to see the new house. Grandson needs to know where the Troll will be on our walks when we move or else we can't move. Key factor in choosing which house to buy but all sorted. Troll knows we are moving and happy he will still be fed sweets under his new bridge. Thetford chase is ideal for Trolls and other creatures that big brother/cousin can explain to the gals.
https://www.forestryengland.uk/thetford-forest

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the area around the British Museum...many years ago I worked at a publishing company on the same street & when we skipped school that was where we headed for...spent the days there & in the Science museum...happy days.
I also absolutely love the area around the British Museum. I treat myself to a luxury stay in a lovely boutique hotel next to museum and always arrive the day before my course so I can visit all the current exhibitions. So my visits to London are part work and part pleasure.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 Well, it is certainly a page turner. And it got some criticisms for lack of research on travel to England. But it was a good chick-lit romance -- and good takeoff on Downtown Abbey fandom.
Sounds like it would be a good holiday read - I do like books that are a 'page turner'.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Despite the ravages of the London traffic & the high volume of pedestrians Bloomsbury has an air of gentility about it.. I drive through there often en route to work
You are right - it does have an air of gentility. I stay at The Montague on the Gardens and my daughter says that it makes her feel that she is in a Miss Marple movie.

From the moment you arrive at the entrance and they carry your case into the hotel you feel absolutely pampered and looked after.

I feel that one of the perks of still running my little business well after retirement age is that I can be absolutely extravagent occasionally.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A shocking 7.5 last night and 6.7 this morning. It must have been the sauce in the Chinese food. I did ask her for just duck and veg and NO sweet sauce. She said, those two sweet, this one not sweet. :-/ His Nibs loves eating there.
It’s absolutely chucking it down at the moment and already was when I went to bed - quite unusual here in summer. I suppose that means lots of weeding in a few days when the sun comes out again. The clay soil bakes the weeds in so pulling them out (definitely not my top favourite activity) is only possible after rain. In the meantime the nutritional value of the clay makes them grow thick and healthy.

Eating Chinese food, and Indian is a minefield. It varies so much between different places - a safe meal in one will send bg sky high in another. Hope you enjoyed it though. I haven’t dared try since starting this woe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy to be of any small help knowing first hand how horrible the problems can be. Left all alone goodness knows what horror show Julie would select - maybe even patterns:arghh::arghh::arghh: Also meeting No 1 son and grandson who want to see the new house. Grandson needs to know where the Troll will be on our walks when we move or else we can't move. Key factor in choosing which house to buy but all sorted. Troll knows we are moving and happy he will still be fed sweets under his new bridge. Thetford chase is ideal for Trolls and other creatures that big brother/cousin can explain to the gals.
https://www.forestryengland.uk/thetford-forest

So glad there is room for the Troll in your new place, it would be sad to have to leave those stories and memories behind. I can remember you posting ages ago about the troll under the bridge.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are right - it does have an air of gentility. I stay at The Montague on the Gardens and my daughter says that it makes her feel that she is in a Miss Marple movie.

From the moment you arrive at the entrance and they carry your case into the hotel you feel absolutely pampered and looked after.

I feel that one of the perks of still running my little business well after retirement age is that I can be absolutely extravagent occasionally.

Yes I agree about the area and Miss Marple - I think it was At Bertram’s Hotel which always reminds me of it. I’m going to look up the Montague

Viv19

Viv19

Gruss Gott - not in Bavaria at present but it just sprang into consciousness and here we are, Saturday - a day of promises, prospects and for the most part avoiding any idea of being pointlessly dragged round overcrowded and badly laid out shops, cooing at stuff that a moment ago did not for you exist, has no practical use in anyone’s life and will probably not last the week - and on, and on.

The wonder wheel of waggery and skylarking whispered 5.2 on the japeometer this am.

All this talk about button down collars and loops in the 1960’s is making me thirsty so off to make koffy.
Have a great day if you can.

Gruss Gott aus Bayern!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 again , not strickt enough , still packing my stuff , had beans-beef and potatoes and tomatsauce with cream for late dinner last Night
Have a wonderful Day all of you. We are enjoying the last Day in my daughters childhood home

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Menu just became whole lot harder. Chickens had, 1 by 1, begun roosting in trees and refused to go in to secure coop. 1 left so sourcing vaguely similar eggs an issue now. Reports say Borisa the hen said no more vassalge and a fox called Donald was eagerly waiting to devour them. It couldn't be, could it?

Reactions: Viv19