1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sounds like a perfect day. Nice start too,with good fbg - the fish influence again.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DJC3

Thanks for the link. We have a list of the foods in the kitchen but the menu ideas are very useful - we have no real structure at the moment, just last minute decisions and I don’t like that so it will be very useful.
    Have fun choosing carpets, I’m impressed you are going along - the move is certainly becoming reality for you now. Hope it goes smoothly.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Happy to be of any small help knowing first hand how horrible the problems can be. Left all alone goodness knows what horror show Julie would select - maybe even patterns:arghh::arghh::arghh: Also meeting No 1 son and grandson who want to see the new house. Grandson needs to know where the Troll will be on our walks when we move or else we can't move. Key factor in choosing which house to buy but all sorted. Troll knows we are moving and happy he will still be fed sweets under his new bridge. Thetford chase is ideal for Trolls and other creatures that big brother/cousin can explain to the gals.
    https://www.forestryengland.uk/thetford-forest

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #5383 ianpspurs, Jul 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  4. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I also absolutely love the area around the British Museum. I treat myself to a luxury stay in a lovely boutique hotel next to museum and always arrive the day before my course so I can visit all the current exhibitions. So my visits to London are part work and part pleasure.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Despite the ravages of the London traffic & the high volume of pedestrians Bloomsbury has an air of gentility about it.. I drive through there often en route to work

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Krystyna23040

Sounds like it would be a good holiday read - I do like books that are a 'page turner'.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Krystyna23040

You are right - it does have an air of gentility. I stay at The Montague on the Gardens and my daughter says that it makes her feel that she is in a Miss Marple movie.

From the moment you arrive at the entrance and they carry your case into the hotel you feel absolutely pampered and looked after.

I feel that one of the perks of still running my little business well after retirement age is that I can be absolutely extravagent occasionally.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. DJC3

Eating Chinese food, and Indian is a minefield. It varies so much between different places - a safe meal in one will send bg sky high in another. Hope you enjoyed it though. I haven’t dared try since starting this woe.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  9. DJC3

So glad there is room for the Troll in your new place, it would be sad to have to leave those stories and memories behind. I can remember you posting ages ago about the troll under the bridge.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. DJC3

Yes I agree about the area and Miss Marple - I think it was At Bertram’s Hotel which always reminds me of it. I’m going to look up the Montague

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Viv19

Viv19 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  12. Viv19

Gruss Gott aus Bayern!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

6.8 again , not strickt enough , still packing my stuff , had beans-beef and potatoes and tomatsauce with cream for late dinner last Night
    Have a wonderful Day all of you. We are enjoying the last Day in my daughters childhood home

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #5393 Freema, Jul 13, 2019 at 10:31 AM
  14. ianpspurs

Menu just became whole lot harder. Chickens had, 1 by 1, begun roosting in trees and refused to go in to secure coop. 1 left so sourcing vaguely similar eggs an issue now. Reports say Borisa the hen said no more vassalge and a fox called Donald was eagerly waiting to devour them. It couldn't be, could it?

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Have a good weekend

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  16. ianpspurs

The good run continues. Long may it last

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Ian

It’s been a good week for me and hope it carry’s on

How are you keeping good man?

Regards
    Ian

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ianpspurs

Really pleased for you having a good week at last. If bg is the only measure I am doing well thanks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.3 - low enough to comfortably get away with a full Lidl protein roll toasted for breakfast. If only I had one left! Oh wait a minute, I cleared out my freezer yesterday and only went and found one hiding behind the ice!!! Imagine my excitement. Brought 15 back from Dublin earlier in the year (they don't sell in UK anymore sadly ).

I jumped out of bed (very unusual for me) and eagerly showered. 'I will put the kettle on' I said to hubby. 'It won't suit you' was his reply. If I had a £1 for every time I've heard that! Anyway I sprinted downstairs (i don't do running!) WHERE WAS THE ROLL I HAD LEFT ON THE WORKTOP DEFROSTING! I noticed a plate and a soup bowl. My heart sank. My son who was on a late night shift had come in, spotted it and the rest is history, including my Lidl roll. Oh well worse things happen. omelette it is then.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #5399 Debandez, Jul 13, 2019 at 12:55 PM
  20. Viv19

I did try to pick out the veg and duck from the sauce but unless I wiped it off with a napkin that wasn’t very successful . Even scraping off the sauce, it still tasted too sweet for my adapted palate now.
    We went there because some of OH’s nieces/their OHs/daughters and SIL go there on a Friday lunchtime.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook