1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Special occasions like this one are perfect for treats. I still don't go mad though. They do amazing desserts where we are going but they also do a cracking cheese board. I love their pate but its not the same without the bread. They make homemade bread and its thin and crisp and I will have this for sure. May even have a little of their homemade chutney. Their Sunday roasts are heavenly. Last one I had was prior to my dx. Usually go for evening meal so not on the menu. May have a roastie. May even have 2! It really does depend on how much wine I consume as to how bad (or good!) my day will be food wise! But I won't lose sleep over it. I'm going to enjoy the day. Its not often we are all together like this. The whole family will be there. Only 8 of us (we are small). I'm really looking forward to it. Weather good here too. Hope yours has cooled a little and you are more comfy. Awful being too hot.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.1 this morning, a cooler day ahead which is nice as I'll be in the garden :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
  3. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Back to 4.8 today.
    Received a phone call from the hospital yesterday morning to see if I was free at tea time for my CT scan! Can't believe that the scan is complete less than 7 days from consultation. Now to keep a 2 week migraine diary then to go back to doc for results
    Take care

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Yes I often do - but never have such a huge breakfast as I have had the last two days as I am in London on a course and the breakfast in the hotel is lovely.

The course is brilliant and overturns a lot of what we have previously learnt about how to teach exercise to our clients. It will especially help my back pain clients.

The teacher's thanked us for being so open minded as often they find that people cling into long held beliefs and give them a very hard time.

The course content was so important that I filmed a lot of it on my phone. Now my phone memory is so full that I can't receive texts or emails. Have spent half an hour trying to work out how to film on my kindle fire and have only just worked it out!

Last day of the course - down to breakfast.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

4.8 for me enjoy whats left of the weekend everyone

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Forgot to post 4.8 this morning. So for 3 years the protein levels I have eaten over the last two days always sent fasting BS rocketing. But not now. Although who knows what will happen in the future as diabetes likes to keep you 'on your toes and you can't take anything for granted.

PS: auto correct on kindle has gone into overdrive. Luckily I noticed before posting.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  7. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...heavy rain last night I blame Wimbledon (mens final today) so we have a lovely fresh cool breeze wafting in from the garden...coffee is ready then off to collect the chair I should have collected last weekend...dog fed...cat fed...more coffee for me then into action...woke to a 6.3

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    #5427 Bubbsie, Jul 14, 2019 at 8:11 AM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  8. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

@pavlosn stunning photos and excellent eye for a photo. @Debandez hope you and FIL have a great time today. @Krystyna23040 fascinating about the protein effect recently - can you replicate meals/portion sizes back home to see effects? So, meter would have me believe fbg was 4.4 today but it obviously wasn't and will never lead to a decent A1c. Nonetheless, that was the number shown and I have duly reported it here. Enjoy Sunday which will obviously be sopping as it is Cricket World cup final day.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

9.4 it’s single figures so I am ok with this

Have a good Sunday

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  10. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning all, 5.5 on the dice, cricket and F1 between chores today, not a massive tennis fan tbh, too much grunting and groaning.
    Passed my exam yesterday so it's good to know that I'm still qualified to do the job I've been doing these last forty years.

Have a good day everyone.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  11. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.9 today. Hurrah!
    Off to meet up with @Goonergal in London now and have a nice walk and chat.
    @pavlosn and @SaskiaKC wonderful photos. Definitely worthy of a postcard.
    @Debandez have a good day and enjoy the 90th bday party, that really is something worth celebrating.
    @Bildad great news about the speed of your scan appt. hope you can get some relief from those debilitating migraines soon.
    @Krystyna23040 your course sounds as if it’s been really worthwhile, and the breakfasts sound lovely. Great news about the protein bg effect too.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Well done on your fasting reading and for passing your exam

Cricket Tennis Grand Prix will be in charge of the remote a sports lovers paradise I shan’t nudge from the sofa today lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. ianpspurs

@trick60 massive congratulations on passing the exam. @DJC3 fantastic 4s and enjoy your day with @Goonergal but how could you not watch ICCCWC final?:angelic:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.4 today. I can assure you it wont be this low tomorrow. Father in laws 90th today so it would be rude not to join in with the celebrations which include eating, drinking and making merry.

I had a lovely surprise this morning. Hubby turned to me and said 'I'm going to put the kettle on'. I resisted the urge to tell him it wouldnt suit him. Then I heard music. Not any old music. A grand piano playing kind of magnificent music. It gets better. Then came a harpsichord. Followed by a full orchestra. Sounded magnificent, as if they were in the house! They can't all fit in my end terrace I was thinking. And I wasnt wrong. When i had an early night last night (still not over my Lidl roll ordeal) hubby unpacked my birthday present from June (haven't had a minute before now). My new Yamaha YDP 143 digital piano which was bought to replace my good old honky tonk upright that had seen much better days). He set it all up as a surprise for me. I cried. So after writing this I'm going to discover just what this baby can do. And make hubby another coffee. Waitress service all day!

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

@ianpspurs I have walked to the rendezvous with @DJC3 passing many MCC members en route to the final!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. ianpspurs

Their ties - bacon and egg - must have been pleasingly Carni for you. Please pass on my best wishes to @DJC3 - excellent last week for her.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

Greece is a wonderful land and have great kind people there as well... have so many great memories from Greece from my youth

• Like Like x 5
  18. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

6.5 today, my eczema has totally gone now when I am high in carbs, I don't know if it is the high carbs or more vitamin C from strawberries, or if it is because I for a while took more folic acid supplements.. hmm but happy to have hands that can be used now that I am moving my stuff the next 2 weeks...

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. ianpspurs

Great news about the eczema going and best wishes for the impending move.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi All. Just back home. 6.6 at 0730 which was acceptable after a large cod in batter and a dozen or so chips last night, plus rose wine.
    @ianpspurs I am so sorry about the chickens, its almost like they knew the move was soon and they chose not to. Very sad but I hope you will get some more when you move. Enjoy the cricket. @DJC3 great fbg have a great time with @Goonergal. @Pavlos superb photos. @Bildad glad you got some prompt treatment. @trick60 well done on the exam. @Debandez enjoy your celebs with FIL 90 is a spcial one. Hope you entertain everyone on your new keyboard afters. @gennepher dont stress over one small bag of scratchings, it will all come good. @HarrisonK enjoy the garden. @Freema good about the excema relief. @Krystyna23040 interesting findings, you’re in a good place. @SaskiaKC hope you and the KC have a good day despite the storm not showing up to clear the air.
    Phew...sorry if I left anyone out. Oh welcome home @karen8967 good fbg. @Bubbsie glad you are getting the captains chair, meant to be!
    Enjoy Sunday and the sport. Stay well, stay safe.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook