What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 today. Hurrah!
Off to meet up with @Goonergal in London now and have a nice walk and chat.
@pavlosn and @SaskiaKC wonderful photos. Definitely worthy of a postcard.
@Debandez have a good day and enjoy the 90th bday party, that really is something worth celebrating.
@Bildad great news about the speed of your scan appt. hope you can get some relief from those debilitating migraines soon.
@Krystyna23040 your course sounds as if it’s been really worthwhile, and the breakfasts sound lovely. Great news about the protein bg effect too.

Thank you, @DJC3 :). I hope you and @Goonergal had a great time together.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.6 this morning.
Sun is out
Blue skies are out
Fluffy little clouds drifting across the sky
Trees gently waving their leaves
Think I will shut my eyes for just 5 more minutes....

Have the day you want today...hope it's a good one

>^..^<

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 when I got up at 6am.
Another night another migraine!
Off to work to supervise the work experiencers.
Take care

Reactions: Viv19 and karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy to see a 4.8 this morning. Up early packing for the journey back to Cornwall. Why didn’t I do more of it yesterday?
@Bildad hugs for the migraine again. When do you get the results of your scan?
@SaskiaKC I couldn’t open the video - I’m trying to figure out which song it was but I never bought any Wings albums.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 this morning probably a hangover from Sat nights fish and chips. With all the excitement of the tennis and cricket we forgot to put our bin out so no bin day for us today. @karen8967 hope by now bg is improved. @DJC3 have a safe and ‘sail through’ journey back to Cornwall. @SaskiaKC re-read to find your photos I missed yesterday, well worth it, do you know where they were taken? Good luck with the glasses. If I buy chain optician stores glasses the independent optician has a way of checking them against the prescription. @Bildad hug for the migraine and bad night.
Have the best Monday you can everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just doesn't cut it in the modern carni world. BTW, walking not trendy but call it hiking and it is.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jul/14/hiking-walking-younger-generation-ramblers

Oh how cool and trendy do we look - still, it keeps those folk working in outdoor shops in full time employment.
A nice photo of the beginning of the Watkins Path at the base of Snowdon - those poles will be a bit of a hinderance when she is scrabbling up the nasty bits towards the top (although that is currently being turned into a dual carriageway to make it more suitable for the young and fragile fashionistas).

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Decided to prolong the weekend by spending the night in Protaras. There is always much less traffic heading back to Nocosia on a Monday morning rather than Sunday evenings.

On our way back now.

Glucose this morning 6.5 mmol

Some more photos from this weekend
20190713_193911.jpeg
20190713_193700.jpeg
20190713_193636.jpeg
20190713_195844.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy St Swithun's day folks - we have all the latest weather forecasting tools here in Grunty Fen https://www.dennisofgruntyfen.co.uk/ Fbg today was rather like the magic four overthrows at 5.4 which is all of a piece with a distinctly off the pace last month. @karen8967 hope the low/hypo has improved, @Bildad the hug was for another migraine. @DJC3 fabulous 4s again and have a safe journey. @PenguinMum I thought bin day was a national institution for people on here - tennis, what tennis? I just realised we are going to take 1 or even 2 cupboards full of LC baking ingredients with us when we move. I can no longer pretend to Julie most, if any of it, is palatable even after all her hard work. Anyone living in this area would be more than welcome to it but I fear the skip/landfill will be its final resting place.
Just seen your photos @pavlosn - beautiful (the scenery isn't bad either)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, this includes walkers of all types (but not Garry Lineker fans) but excludes those who want to bandwagon and turn normal words into fashion statements.

The wonder wheel of not watching any of the tennis and taking advantage of walking down the beach on a dog day afternoon gave hail to a not surprising 5.9 at 0600.

This not surprising as, when my mum comes over from France, there is a stern and consistent demand for Fish and Chips at least on one occasion. Got it out of the way last night. A terrible experience for me in all sorts of ways; licking my knife, smiling, saying “yummy” and “oh what a treat”. Those poor, hand cut, chips (hand cut indeed - there is a big old fashioned chipper in the back for all to see - they must be saying “hand cut” to pander to hikers) and of course that disgusting beer batter and all that boiling lard.

The sun is out and the plan to visit Rosedale today is on - No, not the ruined abbey - but a ride out over the moors for mum and a nice pub for a spot of lunch.

Have a great day if you can, trips to the recycling centre for anyone neglecting their bins.

Last edited:

Viv19

I have just ordered a pair of glasses online. $15.95 total, which is muchmuchmuch lower than I have ever paid for anything but over-the-counter non-prescription sunglasses in the long-ago. I will be interested to literally see if these turn out to be the correct prescription! :)

I think the difference might be the spot that you focus on - they always measured and marked that when I had glasses (before cataract ops). Though I had multi focals so those are probably different animals altogether.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy St Swithun's day folks = we have all the latest weather forecasting tools her in Grunty Fen https://www.dennisofgruntyfen.co.uk/ Fbg today was rather like the magic four overthrows at 5.4 which is all of a piece with a distinctly off the pace last month. @karen8967 hope the low/hypo has improved, @Bildad the hug was for another migraine. @DJC3 fabulous 4s again and have a safe journey. @PenguinMum I thought bin day was a national institution for people on here - tennis, what tennis? I just realised we are going to take 1 or even 2 cupboards full of LC baking ingredients with us when we move. I no can longer pretend to Julie most, if any of it, is palatable even after all her hard work. Anyone living in this area would be more than welcome to it but I fear the skip/landfill will be its final resting place.
Just seen your photos @pavlosn - beautiful (the scenery isn't bad either)

Hope it doesn’t rain in Winchester, it may take the edge of the rhubarb ren’ actment.

Reactions: jjraak and Debandez

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a full on day yesterday...the house is tidy (ish) & I am sitting in the captains chair I collected yesterday...a good sleep planning on doing some painting today we'll see how long my enthusiasm lasts...woke to a 6.1

Viv19

I'll be interested in hearing what works for you. I was at 6.7 this morning and so far I haven't been able to put my pricked and bloody finger on what's causing these higher numbers. Sigh.

Right now nothing is working SaskiaKC. Last night and this morning it was 6.9. That’s very disappointing. After a couple of days of rain and thunderstorms we now have blue skies and sunshine. 24C forecast which sounds better.
I’m not really in a mood for anything today- lots of stress, daughters are lovely but can be impossible too. In my next lifetime I might remain childless. ;-/

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak thank you for the information on cloud storage it will be very helpful, especially as I have now realised just how helpful videoing the important parts of my courses can be.

Am so pleased that I don't start work until tomorrow as I am absolutely shattered this morning. Apparently there is a group of dog walkers that meet at Blickling Hall every Monday to walk around the grounds followed by coffee in the Muddy Boots Cafe. We thought that it would be really nice to join them today.

5.1 this morning. It was so lovely to have my kefir and ground flaxseeds for breakfast. Today will be much less food. Protein only 32g which is a bit low but after the huge amounts of protein I have been eating in London I am sure that it doesn't matter for just one day.

Viv19

Good morning everyone, this includes walkers of all types (but not Garry Lineker fans) but excludes those who want to bandwagon and turn normal words into fashion statements.

The wonder wheel of not watching any of the tennis and taking advantage of walking down the beach on a dog day afternoon gave hail to a not surprising 5.9 at 0600.

This not surprising as, when my mum comes over from France, there is a stern and consistent demand for Fish and Chips at least on one occasion. Got it out of the way last night. A terrible experience for me in all sorts of ways; licking my knife, smiling, saying “yummy” and “oh what a treat”. Those poor, hand cut, chips (hand cut indeed - there is a big old fashioned chipper in the back for all to see - they must be saying “hand cut” to pander to hikers) and of course that disgusting beer batter and all that boiling lard.

The sun is out and the plan to visit Rosedale today is on - No, not the ruined abbey - but a ride out over the moors for mum a nice pub for a spot of lunch.

Have a great day if you can, trips to the recycling centre for anyone neglecting their bins.

At least the chips were ‘hand made’ if not hand cut dunelm. Here they mostly come out of the freezer. And do they really use lard?
One of the treats I’m looking forward to, , if and when I ever get my bg levels down far enough on a regular basis, will be to eat some fish n chips from the fish shop Dad uses. They have the best of ingredients, gorgeous Norfolk fish, local potatoes and regularly changed oil/fat, whatever they use gives good results.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just realised that today I complete two months since returning to this forum, two months also since deciding to take back control of my diabetes.

Since some people were discussing using spreadsheets, graphs and apps I thought I would share my own record of my progress. Units are in mg/dl instead of mmol/l but you will still get the general idea:

For two months since 15/7/2019

Screenshot_20190715-104509_DiabetesM.jpeg
Screenshot_20190715-104530_DiabetesM.jpeg

For last 30 days

Screenshot_20190715-104637_DiabetesM.jpeg
Screenshot_20190715-104610_DiabetesM.jpeg
Screenshot_20190715-105440_DiabetesM.jpeg
Screenshot_20190715-105508_DiabetesM.jpeg