1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

All moving in the right direction. All the best information in the tails (outliers).

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Swiftly corrected I expect - have a great day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

For those perplexed by random bg levels, weight fluctuations and many other mysterious changes there is a very simple explanation. The not widely known unday is a fenland secret which fully explains everything. https://www.dennisofgruntyfen.co.uk/2018/11/16/the-rev-barmy-barnard/ Please don't share this secret too widely as those living above sea level may not understand.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The app is called Diabetes:M and I use the free Android version. There is a premium version with extra facilities (for a monthly fee) but I find that the free version is more than sufficient for my purposes.

Regards

Pavlos Screenshot_20190715-120747_DiabetesM.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  5. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

5.1 for me today

I think it's time for me to go back to a stricter accounting for a few weeks, I'm not eating anything unusual but my weight has risen a bit (@4kg from my lowest), perhaps I need to be a bit stricter in toeing the line ;)

Having had weight problems for most of my life I don't think my metabolism is ever going to allow me to 'eat until I'm full' .

Maintainance of weight and bg control is such a balancing act isn't it and T2D keeps changing the topography (bit like trying to ride a segway scooter when the ground level changes unexpectedly all the time :hilarious: )

Lovely sunny day here currently but we have to wait in for the delivery of the shelving intended for mr. gee's shed. Could be the moment to get out the strimmer and put on my gardening 'strides' :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Hug Hug x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Agree it is all a tricky balancing act but you are a beacon for us all so don't fret it will all come right. You know it makes sense Rodney.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Happy Monday, everyone. :)

7 on the meter, 0932 on the clock after a nice lie-in.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SaskiaKC

You and I are in the same boat, it seems, as to our weight and eating and segways. Good analogy! :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. SaskiaKC

I'm sorry about the video. The song is "Single Pigeon," with one line addressing a "single seagull, flying over Regent's Park Canal ... " and your post put the song in my head. :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. SaskiaKC

You're right about the spot. When you order online you have to measure your own pupillary distance, which is the millimeters between the middle of one pupil and the middle of the other. Opticians have done it with a penned dot on the display lenses. With some lenses, another measurement is the base curve, which one optician got wrong on a pair of glasses for me years ago -- hopefully this online company will get it right.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. SaskiaKC

Thank you. :) I took the storm cloud pictures with my phone through my window.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Viv19

Viv19 · Well-Known Member

I remember staying with friends in Cheshire, we decided to go the easy route and feed the two families fish and chips. My friend checked who wanted to have fish and chips, everyone. Then I said ‘ but you haven’t asked them what kind of fish they want.’ She looked at me in a ‘viv’s lost the plot’ kind of way, and said ‘they have ‘fish.’ No particular kind just bits of white fish fried in batter.
    Coming from East Anglia where fish is landed at so many seaside towns, we have the choice of cod, haddock, plaice, maybe others, can’t remember.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ah thanks - I’ve listened to it now and understand! I’ve never heard it before though it is my era. It’s a nice song and I see why it would spring to mind. I’d have been singing it all the way if I’d known it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Jonathon Livingstone Seagull, a book adapted to music by Neil Diamond which was amazing. Anyone get this too?

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Goodnight everyone sleep well

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  16. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I don’t know the Neil Diamond music version but the book was a major part of my teenage years - I loved it and bought a copy for my daughter when she was going through a confused and troubled time.
    I like Neil Diamond so I’m going to look it up. Thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Ian
    A little bit shaky but not too bad and been ok since

Regards
    Ian

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

6.5 for first prick. Chanced a 2nd jab. BINGO. 6.2 get in there! Not bad after FIL 90th birthday celebrations which included pate, 2 small slices of homemade bread and a splattering of chutney. Roast dinner which included 2 roasties and a quarter of a Yorkshire pud (I know I know). And gravy. A small parsnip. Cheese board to follow. Selection of cheeses, 2 crackers and a splodge of chutney! A spoon of sons chocolate fudge cake with double cream (the wine made me do it officer!!!) Blood sugars didnt go above 8.1 on my tests. And today's reading is a good result and I'm happy with that. A good time was had by all. Greek yoghurt to compensate this morning and corned beef salad for dinner. Not sure about anyone else but I can tell when my bloods are about 5. I kind it feel empty if that makes sense. Usually happens when I haven't eaten for a few hours during day so that makes sense!

Had a PPG network meeting today. Lots of PPGs getting together to share ideas. Lots of talk about having a listening table. In surgery reception. Talking to pts and getting feedback/ideas/suggestions so taking this forward with my PM. Love it. Home, cup of coffee.

Drive to window company. The house son has bought has pre 1980s rose top windows in bay, bedrooms at front if house and front door including fanlight. Changing to clear apart from front door and fanlight which will be opaque. £189. Bargain. Will modernise it in a jiffy. Could have had number put in fanlight for £36 but found excellent stickers on Ebay for £6 delivered. Love a bargain.

Tonight was supporting our daughter at her end of term musical extravaganza. She is a teacher. Brilliant production. Including a section from the lion king #goosebumps #tearyeyes so so proud.

Back home, feet up, you tubing in search of our next sunny holiday destination. Love a short flight and a long prom with lots of bars and restaurants. Torremolinos is calling. You can walk between Torremolinos and Benalmadina in about 40 minutes. Cheap flights £40 return with Mr o'Leary. Airbnb cheap accommodation. So all in all a very productive day. Will catch up on thread tomorrow when I've more time.

Hope everyone had a good Monday. So sunny here on the NW coast. 27 degrees of gorgeousness.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  19. SaskiaKC

Next time ... :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. SaskiaKC

I hadn't thought about the connection, but I get it now that you mention it. I loved the JLS book and also the album, which I bought while looking for a song that I later learned was "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I've never gotten to see the JLS movie but I would like to. The book was given to me by a college boyfriend, and years later another college boyfriend introduced me to some of Richard Bach's other books, on flying airplanes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook