1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

8.6 this morning.
    Sun is out
    Blue skies are out
    Fluffy little clouds drifting across the sky
    Trees gently waving their leaves
    Think I will shut my eyes for just 5 more minutes....

Have the day you want today...hope it's a good one

>^..^<

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.9 when I got up at 6am.
    Another night another migraine!
    Off to work to supervise the work experiencers.
    Take care

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Happy to see a 4.8 this morning. Up early packing for the journey back to Cornwall. Why didn’t I do more of it yesterday?
    @Bildad hugs for the migraine again. When do you get the results of your scan?
    @SaskiaKC I couldn’t open the video - I’m trying to figure out which song it was but I never bought any Wings albums.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
  4. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

3.7 bit too low for me have a good day everyone

• Hug Hug x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. 6.3 this morning probably a hangover from Sat nights fish and chips. With all the excitement of the tennis and cricket we forgot to put our bin out so no bin day for us today. @karen8967 hope by now bg is improved. @DJC3 have a safe and ‘sail through’ journey back to Cornwall. @SaskiaKC re-read to find your photos I missed yesterday, well worth it, do you know where they were taken? Good luck with the glasses. If I buy chain optician stores glasses the independent optician has a way of checking them against the prescription. @Bildad hug for the migraine and bad night.
    Have the best Monday you can everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Oh how cool and trendy do we look - still, it keeps those folk working in outdoor shops in full time employment.
    A nice photo of the beginning of the Watkins Path at the base of Snowdon - those poles will be a bit of a hinderance when she is scrabbling up the nasty bits towards the top (although that is currently being turned into a dual carriageway to make it more suitable for the young and fragile fashionistas).

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Decided to prolong the weekend by spending the night in Protaras. There is always much less traffic heading back to Nocosia on a Monday morning rather than Sunday evenings.

On our way back now.

Glucose this morning 6.5 mmol

Some more photos from this weekend 20190713_193911.jpeg 20190713_193700.jpeg 20190713_193636.jpeg 20190713_195844.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  8. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Happy St Swithun's day folks - we have all the latest weather forecasting tools here in Grunty Fen https://www.dennisofgruntyfen.co.uk/ Fbg today was rather like the magic four overthrows at 5.4 which is all of a piece with a distinctly off the pace last month. @karen8967 hope the low/hypo has improved, @Bildad the hug was for another migraine. @DJC3 fabulous 4s again and have a safe journey. @PenguinMum I thought bin day was a national institution for people on here - tennis, what tennis? I just realised we are going to take 1 or even 2 cupboards full of LC baking ingredients with us when we move. I can no longer pretend to Julie most, if any of it, is palatable even after all her hard work. Anyone living in this area would be more than welcome to it but I fear the skip/landfill will be its final resting place.
    Just seen your photos @pavlosn - beautiful (the scenery isn't bad either)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #5468 ianpspurs, Jul 15, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  9. dunelm

Good morning everyone, this includes walkers of all types (but not Garry Lineker fans) but excludes those who want to bandwagon and turn normal words into fashion statements.

The wonder wheel of not watching any of the tennis and taking advantage of walking down the beach on a dog day afternoon gave hail to a not surprising 5.9 at 0600.

This not surprising as, when my mum comes over from France, there is a stern and consistent demand for Fish and Chips at least on one occasion. Got it out of the way last night. A terrible experience for me in all sorts of ways; licking my knife, smiling, saying “yummy” and “oh what a treat”. Those poor, hand cut, chips (hand cut indeed - there is a big old fashioned chipper in the back for all to see - they must be saying “hand cut” to pander to hikers) and of course that disgusting beer batter and all that boiling lard.

The sun is out and the plan to visit Rosedale today is on - No, not the ruined abbey - but a ride out over the moors for mum and a nice pub for a spot of lunch.

Have a great day if you can, trips to the recycling centre for anyone neglecting their bins.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #5469 dunelm, Jul 15, 2019 at 7:59 AM
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  10. Viv19

Viv19 · Well-Known Member

I think the difference might be the spot that you focus on - they always measured and marked that when I had glasses (before cataract ops). Though I had multi focals so those are probably different animals altogether.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. dunelm

Hope it doesn’t rain in Winchester, it may take the edge of the rhubarb ren’ actment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...a full on day yesterday...the house is tidy (ish) & I am sitting in the captains chair I collected yesterday...a good sleep planning on doing some painting today we'll see how long my enthusiasm lasts...woke to a 6.1

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. Viv19

Right now nothing is working SaskiaKC. Last night and this morning it was 6.9. That’s very disappointing. After a couple of days of rain and thunderstorms we now have blue skies and sunshine. 24C forecast which sounds better.
    I’m not really in a mood for anything today- lots of stress, daughters are lovely but can be impossible too. In my next lifetime I might remain childless. ;-/

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@jjraak thank you for the information on cloud storage it will be very helpful, especially as I have now realised just how helpful videoing the important parts of my courses can be.

Am so pleased that I don't start work until tomorrow as I am absolutely shattered this morning. Apparently there is a group of dog walkers that meet at Blickling Hall every Monday to walk around the grounds followed by coffee in the Muddy Boots Cafe. We thought that it would be really nice to join them today.

5.1 this morning. It was so lovely to have my kefir and ground flaxseeds for breakfast. Today will be much less food. Protein only 32g which is a bit low but after the huge amounts of protein I have been eating in London I am sure that it doesn't matter for just one day.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Viv19

At least the chips were ‘hand made’ if not hand cut dunelm. Here they mostly come out of the freezer. And do they really use lard?
    One of the treats I’m looking forward to, , if and when I ever get my bg levels down far enough on a regular basis, will be to eat some fish n chips from the fish shop Dad uses. They have the best of ingredients, gorgeous Norfolk fish, local potatoes and regularly changed oil/fat, whatever they use gives good results.

• Like Like x 8
  16. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just realised that today I complete two months since returning to this forum, two months also since deciding to take back control of my diabetes.

Since some people were discussing using spreadsheets, graphs and apps I thought I would share my own record of my progress. Units are in mg/dl instead of mmol/l but you will still get the general idea:

For two months since 15/7/2019

Screenshot_20190715-104509_DiabetesM.jpeg Screenshot_20190715-104530_DiabetesM.jpeg

For last 30 days

Screenshot_20190715-104637_DiabetesM.jpeg Screenshot_20190715-104610_DiabetesM.jpeg Screenshot_20190715-105440_DiabetesM.jpeg Screenshot_20190715-105508_DiabetesM.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ianpspurs

To my untrained eye all the tickities look wholly boo so great job @pavlosn. Very comprehensive analysis there - what is the app if you don't mind me asking?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Have a good Monday

• Like Like x 6
    • Hug Hug x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. ianpspurs

Just a little too low I guess but hopefully not painfully so and I am praying all corrected now. Have a great day. Ian.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. dunelm

Yep, Beef Dripping they call it - lard. They also do a gluten free batter for those of a delicate disposition. Living on the coast has great advantages for the discerning fish and chip aficionado - not that good though for those who present sloppily made fish and chips, made with mediocre ingredients.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook