What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Out to dinner last night with a small selection of our children and an even smaller selection of grandchildren. Whitebait was OK, I think, but chicken parmesan - not a good idea - I knew it wasn’t when I saw it on the menu. Nevertheless.

The wonder wheel of belly laughs and laughing policeman impersonations agreed, with a square on 6.5 - there you go son, have one of those.

Bike in for an MOT this morning, hopefully the promised sunny intervals will follow me there and back again - like a hobbits tail.

Have a wonderful Thursday - other days are available depending upon time zone and the lure of the unknown.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum and @ianpspurs thank you - yes I am so pleased that the doggie feels better. Will keep a close eye on the paw, especially when he finishes the antibiotics.

@jjraak thank you - will look at Google photos and files. They sound as though they could be useful.

@dunelm - you are right. Transferring data to a new phone is very stressful - which is why I stayed with BlackBerry for so long.

5.8 this morning. I knew it would be higher because I was absolutely starving when I got back from work at 9pm last night. I really wanted a lump of cheddar and spent some time debating whether I should go to bed starving but have low fbs in the morning - or have the cheddar and accept that I would have a higher fbs in the morning. The cheddar won the debate.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post yesterday and now I’m a zillion posts behind. Will catch up after this otherwise I’ll get sidetracked.
Yesterday 5.2 had a good day puppy class with Dennis in the morning I was so proud of him as he beetled around the obstacle course and it was nice for him to play with other puppies. Most owners of bigger dogs we meet don’t like to let their dog play with him in case they inadvertently hurt him. I doubt they would.
Later another walk round Pinetum Gardens with D and youngest daughter - treated her to a coffee and a cactus plant from the nursery there. She is crazy about cacti. I just don’t get the appeal, they all look quite ugly to me but she endows each with a character of its own and even ‘takes them on holiday’ to the back garden on a sunny day. Should I be worried about her?
This afternoon I have an interview with a Sun journalist who are running a piece on diabetes. I know a couple of other people on here are also doing interviews. Should be interesting but I doubt they’ll use my story. I’ve spoken to journalists before but my lack of ‘before’ photos taken when I was ill in hospital around the time of diagnosis usually puts them off - they want a ‘deaths door’ before and a ‘glowing health’ after discovering DCUK and lchf. Funnily enough nobody thought to take photos of me when I was looking so I’ll though!
Forgot to say fbg this morning 6.0 I don’t think I’ll mention that to the journo though. Best glossed over.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum and @ianpspurs thank you - yes I am so pleased that the doggie feels better. Will keep a close eye on the paw, especially when he finishes the antibiotics.

@jjraak thank you - will look at Google photos and files. They sound as though they could be useful.

@dunelm - you are right. Transferring data to a new phone is very stressful - which is why I stayed with BlackBerry for so long.

5.8 this morning. I knew it would be higher because I was absolutely starving when I got back from work at 9pm last night. I really wanted a lump of cheddar and spent some time debating whether I should go to bed starving but have low fbs in the morning - or have the cheddar and accept that I would have a higher fbs in the morning. The cheddar won the debate.

Still good Krystyna so the cheddar was well worth it I’d say

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A dastardly (for me) 7.0 this morning. Rechecked different finger and got 7.1. I had a tested and safe dinner but I did succomb to a small bowl of strawberries.need to heed @trick60 sage advice.Oh well! @dunelm I would have struggled to turn down the parmesan chicken too. @HarrisonK there is a very welcome drizzle here though the sky is brightening and my grass isnt saited. @gennepher congrats you are storming this FBG. @SaskiaKC so glad your review went well.
I am having coffee with a friend today. We are both struggling to downsize, she has had 4 deals fall through. Anytime we find anything of interest it sells within a week which just goes to show we are all looking for the same thing in this difficult market. I think the problem is its all old money around here and families cant afford what we are offering. If we do get a good offer we will go into rented.
Have a good Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 yesterday
5.7 today

Getting there with my BIL now so feel able to start picking up on spreading the word again. My BIL has more or less been a full time job over the past few months. Tuesday I met up with @Listlad at a local surgery who are keen for us to help. Very productive hour spent there going over everything. Looking forward to seeing where that takes us. Thank you for arranging @Listlad it was lovely to meet you and I especially liked your description of me!!!

Yesterday was my monthly meeting for diabetics at our local Tesco. Only a few if us there from the whole Blackpool, fylde and wyre. But it is what it is. We had a talk from Agamatrix who are behind blood glucose monitors. Apparently the ones our surgeries give out (to the lucky ones!). Got a free one! Connects to smartphone. Gives graphs etc so looking forward to giving that a whirl.

One of the diabetics is having to go on insulin and is so worried. She is going through the mill with her health. And to cap it all retinopathy in left eye just diagnosed. Great to have the support from other diabetics but I must say I personally didn't feel much help as know little about insulin. Was able to give her a hug. Her very supportive hubby comes with her too.

Granddaughter day today. And hubby's day off so win win. Weather taken a turn for the worse but set to improve over next few days (that said they can't get yesterday's weather right!)

Happy Thursday to all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday 5.2 had a good day puppy class with Dennis in the morning I was so proud of him as he beetled around the obstacle course and it was nice for him to play with other puppies.
Dennis sounds as though he is growing up to be a lovely doggie.

This afternoon I have an interview with a Sun journalist who are running a piece on diabetes. I know a couple of other people on here are also doing interviews. Should be interesting but I doubt they’ll use my story. I’ve spoken to journalists before but my lack of ‘before’ photos taken when I was ill in hospital around the time of diagnosis usually puts them off - they want a ‘deaths door’ before and a ‘glowing health’ after discovering DCUK and lchf. Funnily enough nobody thought to take photos of me when I was looking so I’ll though!
Do let us know if the Sun does run your story. Shame no-one took a photo of you when you were so ill as it would have been a really good 'before photo'.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
The following words will offend those of a sensitive nature and grasp of the absurd, please please read no further if this describes you.

Yesterday's post......
Quick Morening no time.
A good 7.2 this morning, I have to drive a long way.
I'm being treated to a view of a dungeon with lots torture implements with the promise of that if I'm well behaved for the next week I can be the victim in the dungeon.....Oh free pain....
Have a good day folks.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen

Update on yesterday, I was right ( other wrights available from all good retailers ) to be concerned about blood sugars and driving a long way, here are my readings for yesterday during the day 7.2, 4.8, 5.5, 8.4 and finally home again 10.8. the day involved walking 5.5 miles and numerous flights of stairs. At one point I had to resort to the dreaded jelly babies uck!

This morning my blood sugars were a tasty 6.8.

Now let's say about yesterday's promised treat of getting to be the victim in the dungeon if I behaved.......well as you may well guess me and me's forgot ourselves, what I also forgot was my mates chaos and mayhem were joining us. Which one had a very bad attack of flatulence all day, I know not. Mrs J was not amused in fact she was blood y livid, neither were the organisers impressed.
Impressed I certainly was Purcell's trumpet voluntary had nothing on those attacks.
Well I won't be making that drive again.......

Have a good day folks, get pleasure wherever you can.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A cheesy theme on here today diluted by talk of rain. @Krystyna23040 glad you enjoyed the cheddar and @dunelm glad you enjoyed the chicken parmesan - not something that would tempt me but the whitebait would be a different kettle of fish. @gennepher great news on entering the 7s. @Viv19 good news on the weight - I take it that is a lowering. @PenguinMum good luck with the house sale always a worry. Yesterday we paid a man £200 for 10 mins work recording the goings on of our drains just to satisfy the buyer - he said they were perfick and wondered what that was all about. @DJC3 hope the interview with The Sun goes well - Does it still leave newsprint marks and lack absorbency?
Today the meter showed 4.8 and a never knowingly undersold message so who knows as I don't have a non diabetic drop of blood in my body . Off to Southampton for a couple of days to see 2 granddaughters. No likey Soton much, no likey hotels and defo won't like Peppa Pig world. Is praying for heavy rain really bad? Final sterilisation of all surfaces and full air change before we go as 8 week old granddaughter staying to house sit - I think her dad means help with wine and spirits clearance ahead of the move.

Reactions: karen8967 and Viv19

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

a 6.3 this morning despite fasting since 9pm last night.
would of had a slice of cheese etc, but i'm off for my blood test hba1c this morning.

Also needed an appointment with doctor regarding something else,
....no available appointments until 2nd week of august..:wideyed::***:

Luckily got a cancellation while trying to book, so he's my first visit today, then in to get bloods done.
hoping to get a lower score and good lipids, so fingers crossed.:bag:

A Dull rainy day here in the capital.:rolleyes:

enjoy your day wherever you are.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

a 6.3 this morning despite fasting since 9pm last night.
would of had a slice of cheese etc, but i'm off for my blood test hba1c this morning.

Luckily got a cancellation while trying to book, so he's my first visit today, then in to get bloods done.
hoping to get a lower score and good lipids, so fingers crossed.:bag:

A Dull rainy day here in the capital.:rolleyes:

enjoy your day wherever you are.:)
Hope all goes well with doc and A1c/lipids. Watching your journey with T2 and the efforts you have made I know you have put in the hard yards to take back control.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am having coffee with a friend today. We are both struggling to downsize, she has had 4 deals fall through.
ooh I know that feeling PM I had a deal fall through at the very last moment...it's crushing...however shortly after that my flat went back on the market & went for over the list price...the waiting is a worry however there is a buyer out there & you have to be positive it will happen...good luck.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with those results & an appointment today that is extremely lucky...I checked my surgery's web site the first available general appointment there is the 21st of August...it's such a long wait.