Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Looks lovely - have you tried Furikake? It’s a Japanese seasoning made of finely chopped seaweed, sesame seeds and salt. Really nice with some yuzu juice on an avocado. And prawns. Or tofu. Or anything at all, really. Husbeast bought me some sheets of seaweed snack stuff in Costco yesterday, I absolutely love the stuff!
I buy packs of Itsu wasabi flavoured seaweed from Sainsburys, great stuff

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
On the scale of 1-10, does anyone think an ice cream van would have a vegan option? There's one driving around in my neighbourhood and my stomach doesn't want to scream. :hilarious:
Depends where you are, I suppose. I had a vegan soft scoop ice cream from a van in that London - and some here in the sticks of South Wales do a vegan Magnum... be worth asking, and if they don’t have any right now, they’ll realise there’s a demand.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
On the scale of 1-10, does anyone think an ice cream van would have a vegan option? There's one driving around in my neighbourhood and my stomach doesn't want to scream. :hilarious:
Alpro is the answer

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Marrows are a waste of space in the garden and the mouth. Courgettes are magic if you remember to look for them hiding under leaves.It's too hot to eat. The stingy nettles live another day. Feet swollen, pain in the big toe and feeling a bit rough. Hope everyone's doing OK

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
fascinating, The guy didn't seem to bolus for anything all day? It just seemed like he was running on his basal...

Jeepers. I need to do even more exercise.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jeepers. I need to do even more exercise.
It would be interesting to know how his diet & insulin regime would change if he suddenly (Whatever reason.) had to stop..?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would be interesting to know how his diet & insulin regime would change if he suddenly (Whatever reason.) had to stop..?
I think he would become very similar to most of us. At the moment he is operating at an extreme. Seeing how professional rugby players change physically first hand is quite surprising. I’ve seen players stop playing but still keep training, the difference is very noticeable. Match fitness is at a level beyond belief.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm hiding in the bathroom because it's the only spot in this house that is cool enough. Let me know when it's cooler. :hilarious:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think he would become very similar to most of us. At the moment he is operating at an extreme. Seeing how professional rugby players change physically first hand is quite surprising. I’ve seen players stop playing but still keep training, the difference is very noticeable. Match fitness is at a level beyond belief.

I'm certainly impressed. & he represents the city i was born in too. :)

Reactions: therower

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a most enjoyable 12 miles walk, new backpack was great and very comfortable. I'd intended to get to 15 miles, but heat beat me home... and to a letter advising me that I might need to be available for 4 weeks worth of Jury Service but also enclosing a form with a possible list of extenuating circumstances. The slender thread of hope is that I have a diabetes clinic appointment already booked for the week after the standard 2 weeks, having already moved it to accommodate the Jury Service. Luckily, I have both letters proving the original appointment and the re-arranged one.

I am surprised none of you heard the explosion and bad temper which I subsequently took out on the garden. (Well, the shady bit by the fence, the rest can wait until it is cooler.)

Last edited:
Reactions: WuTwo

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I am surprised none of you heard the explosion and bad temper which I subsequently took out on the garden.

Lol, gardens.... My wife wanted a garden.. We got one. OK I said "you water it, feed it. Walk it & change it's little hutch."

I got no issue with stone masonary & wood work.. (I actually love it.)
However, I've been finding myself lately, hedge diving in an attempt to control it.. My arms & legs have been scratched royally.. But surprisingly the Libre has handled the opportunistic snatch by brambles. At least in my case I haven't lost one prematurely to what I get up to on any given day whils worn..

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dealing with the garden is very effective for those moments when I really want to kick the universe. Hard. Or for lowering blood sugars!

Mostly it's just keeping it tidy so cutting the grass, and the annual hedge cut, bramble attacking, fir tree cutting and this year I took issue with the holly bush and it met its doom more dramatically than I had originally intended.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I went to work and missed waterways, metallurgy, tofu, more marrows and avocados not no mention seaweed and alcohol wipes, dogs, naps and ice cream.
All I know is London was flaming hot and I’d rather visit @Marie 2 and her island.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK??! So I'm listening to the BBC news on the TV & have the various commentary on BJ entering no10..

Then in the background playing... I tracked it down to the TV sounding like an ice cream van. The theme tune from the Excorsist & then the jazzy theme from the kids show Vision on's " gallery," Left bank two?

My wife heard it too. (Though not as musical as myself.) I'm not low. She feels the BBC was "hacked."

Reactions: Fairygodmother

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
OK??! So I'm listening to the BBC news on the TV & have the various commentary on BJ entering no10..

Then in the background playing... I tracked it down to the TV sounding like an ice cream van. The theme tune from the Excorsist & then the jazzy theme from the kids show Vision on's " gallery," Left bank two?

My wife heard it too. (Though not as musical as myself.) I'm not low. She feels the BBC was "hacked."
It was on C4 too.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was on C4 too. Courtesy of some friends of mine :D

It seemed to be when any reporting was done live from the Houses of Parliament, thinking back.. So thanks for not making me feel I wasn't "tripping." Though, Boris.... What the hey!! Maybe I am...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It seemed to be when any reporting was done live from the Houses of Parliament, thinking back.. So thanks for not making me feel I wasn't "tripping." Though, Boris.... What the hey!! Maybe I am...
I would very much like anaesthetising until things are back to normal.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would very much like anaesthetising until things are back to normal.

I would call it a "trolling" of the zeitgeist but not knowing what to do now they have it's attention... ;)