Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Night night all. Scones with raisins. No butter, no cream, no jam, just halved and toaster toasted so both sides of each half crisped up. I had one with the all the gubbins a week ago, too sweet and gooey. What’s happened? I loved a full works scone (gone) with cream and jam (any order) when I was younger.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good-night. I just spiked my blood sugars due to the bath being too hot. I normally have tepid baths to prevent this and forgot. I'm not going to correct it, but just asking, would anyone correct a 3 point rise, or will it just come down by itself as it's not food? Well, here's hoping it will.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good-night. I just spiked my blood sugars due to the bath being too hot. I normally have tepid baths to prevent this and forgot. I'm not going to correct it, but just asking, would anyone correct a 3 point rise, or will it just come down by itself as it's not food? Well, here's hoping it will.
I get hot bath spikes too, they usually sort themselves out. Is that a blood result or sensor? The enzymes in the sensors go a bit bonkers when they get hot, so what looks like a spike may actually just be a blip.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I get hot bath spikes too, they usually sort themselves out. Is that a blood result or sensor? The enzymes in the sensors go a bit bonkers when they get hot, so what looks like a spike may actually just be a blip.
Yeah, it's the sensor. Cheers Mel.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Surely that would depend on how boingy it is? I always find scones a bit claggy.

Seeing as you've got a bit of the gaelic, I'll add a cryptic pronunciation bit for the Celts amongst us and those who have spent time in the Perth area: "a scone is 'gone' when it is has been eaten with a 'spoon' in Scone."!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry @Jaylee . Judging people purely on physical features and making comments that are detrimental, nasty, racist, uncalled for, sexist, are, I agree wrong.
But we shouldn’t allow a physical feature to be introduced to a post when it didn’t exist originally.
Why are we assuming that a well endowed woman is fat?
Yes I could move on but let’s point it out now before someone makes the assumption that fat people are predisposed to being diabetic.

I think this is right. I hadn't assumed that the woman being talked about was overweight, just well endowed. It is not unknown to be thin and have ample bosom.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's so warm that my ice cream plopped onto the living room floor. :hilarious::arghh:
Is a well endowed female not a compliment? Or am I missing something here? :hilarious:
I'd assumed well endowed female either has a nice chest or bottom, fat never came across my mind. :wideyed:

Last edited:
Reactions: therower

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf and I just came back from Tesco and I finally found vegan whipped cream :D
Vegan magnums were on offer too, so I grabbed those as well. :)
I did indeed came back with more cans of chick peas. :hilarious:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
You might check but you should still be able to call Libre directly for a replacement of a dodgy sensor. I used to get them from a pharmacy here and called Libre direct for replacements most of the time.
(Just in case you get one from France that doesn't work.)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning
Off to London.Wonder if I'll get back. The wrong sort of heat. Passengers and rails buckling
Madam is a bit high too
Stay cool

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Seeing as you've got a bit of the gaelic, I'll add a cryptic pronunciation bit for the Celts amongst us and those who have spent time in the Perth area: "a scone is 'gone' when it is has been eaten with a 'spoon' in Scone."!

We were reading Macbeth out loud in my A level English class... and I got to read the word Scone (placename), I pronounced it correctly, to giggles from my class and a very surprised look from the teacher who'd never had anyone in the Midlands do that. To my teacher's credit, the gigglers were put right and an "I assume you know Scotland well." comment to me. "My Scottish relatives and ancestors are all from Dundee or Perth." was my reply... (Well, I now know from a bit wider afield in the North East and Fife areas as well, but at the time that was what I knew.)

Scone, (as in gone) cream, jam. End of.

I think even the thought of that has woken me up on a less that happy number. Meh. Or lack of sleep. Me and the organist's trolley are off out into the wild soon, though. I'll be way too early, but the thought of getting the one train a day from my best local station through to Wedding Venue City and mooching there for a bit is most appealing. Avoiding changing at Birmingham New Street in rush hour is always to be managed if at all possible. Had this train been half an hour earlier in the day throughout my commuting days along this line, my commute would've been so much easier.

Reactions: hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Actually, more importantly, I've just remembered to get out a new Novorapid pen for the day. No point in missing out on cake unnecessarily. Plus, I'm my great-aunts' great-niece. Never knowingly unprepared for a day out, journey, or life really. Last time they ever packed me a packed lunch for a long journey, (8 hours on the train) I shared it with at least two other people and was still eating up the snacks a week later.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

I drop like crazy in a hot bath. It's one of my methods for a quick correction if I happen to fancy a wallow. I drop 3 points at least!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hot, hot, hot again! But no coke or jelly babies needed overnight and back to my DP rise. Had to wait an hour and 20 mins before daring to eat my breakfast. Fast acting Fiasp my foot! (Wanted to be impolite but thought better of it)
Off out to water my in bloom plants before they throw in the towel. Have to take all water from here in boot of car. A bit of a palaver!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Missing the Virginia creeper as the walls heat up already. Good morning warm Ones. Hope all insulins stay clear and bright today.
Off to the seaside again today, to last day of mud pie making, and taking an electric whirligig fan and a holiday essential hand held one as well (just happens to have a flamenco dancer painted on it).
Hot baths? This weather? It’ll be cold showers here. Cat’ll be in the shade of the deepest darkest leafiest bushes. Wonder how high the thermometers will climb here in the sarf east?

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all,

Yesterday I tried taking less novorapid, to reduce the midday drop, and because I was going for a long walk. But of course by the time I got to my destination blood sugar was in the low 4s, and I didn't want to risk a hypo while there, so ate a few carbs before going in.

When I came out it had started rising, but I was walking quite a long way again, and it went back down. But the afternoon was bad, just went too high, and really difficult to get down. I'm not sure what the solution to that is, it was much more pleasant walking without going way too low, but the afternoon was bad. I was thinking I should have taken my camera yesterday, I might go back with it today, and take a small amount of novorapid as a correction when it starts to rise around midday, instead of falling. I'll see if that makes a different, subject to my engineering a situation similar enough to work out what might have been a better option.