What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Very late posting, started the day at 4.0 on the meter and pouring rain, after a quick breakfast and the dreaded jelly babies to give a level of 5.2.
Anyway 274 miles later home to a telling orf from Mrs J.
I must remember to tell her when I am going away......next time.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sad news…’Plumpy’ who some of you here are familiar with is no longer a member of our household…my neighbour who arrived with him (he was just three months old) & her two children after her relationship with an abusive partner broke down three & a half years ago has rescinded our agreement to transfer his ownership to me…from the onset Harry would dig holes through my hedge …claw at the connecting gates until finally we left them open and he made himself at home here…we loved him & loved having him despite his slobbering chewing everything in sight & snoring fit to bring the house down…now apparently her Ex is the preferred option to care for him & Harry is currently with him…heartbreaking.

That is horrible! How can she legally do that? Possession is 9/10 of the law? That is so unfair. I am so sorry, @Bubbsie .

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No she hasn't sold him I saw & heard the Ex picking him up trick...there isn't anything I can do about it so I have to accept it.

You should have some sort of legal recourse if you have been the one feeding and housing him all this time and paying his vet bills. If you and she had even an oral agreement, isn't that as binding a contract as a written one?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You should have some sort of legal recourse if you have been the one feeding and housing him all this time and paying his vet bills. If you and she had even an oral agreement, isn't that as binding a contract as a written one?
Thanks Saskia there is nothing I can do about it...I have no legal recourse yes we did have an agreement however knowing it & proving it are two different things...this happened about ten days ago so I haven't seen him for almost two weeks...even if I did fight them it would take a long time & if Harry moved again it wouldn't be good for him

Viv19

Sad news…’Plumpy’ who some of you here are familiar with is no longer a member of our household…my neighbour who arrived with him (he was just three months old) & her two children after her relationship with an abusive partner broke down three & a half years ago has rescinded our agreement to transfer his ownership to me…from the onset Harry would dig holes through my hedge …claw at the connecting gates until finally we left them open and he made himself at home here…we loved him & loved having him despite his slobbering chewing everything in sight & snoring fit to bring the house down…now apparently her Ex is the preferred option to care for him & Harry is currently with him…heartbreaking.

After three and a half years? How unkind.

Viv19

6.5 this morning, after 6.3 last night. Every now and then I have a glimpse of where I’m hopefully headed, then it bobs up again. The tendency is downward, though very slowly. I’m quite strict with myself about the low carb, but I probably eat too much of it. :-/

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi , im new here a wee pre diabolical ! My fasting sugars this morning we’re sitting above 10 this morning .. it screwed me for the full day .. any advice in getting t
It down ?

Good morning and welcome to the thread. I'm sure those in the know will be along shortly and it will help if you could tell us a bit more about your current diet, lifestyle etc.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 7.9

On the downward trend again

Cat Popeye struggled in the heat yesterday. So hottest day today. He is 27 years old. So I am worried about him. My eagle eyes on him today. He is sitting on the chill/cool mat, but the insides have gone into squelchy gloop this hot weather.

Take care today
Drink plenty of fluids

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No words for this @Bubbsie
You must be devastated
Hugs x

>^..^<

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bubbsie sending loads of hugs, as Gennepher said there are no words. I just wish people would make their decisions around what's best for the animal.
FBG 6.5 today but not the easiest day yesterday so thats fine.
Everyone (and their pets) stay well, stay safe, stay cool.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...sweltering hot today so I shall be hiding at home for most of the day...I have to do a food shop so a mad dash to the shops… curtains will be drawn to keep the heat out...dusting off the fans & drinking plenty of water...woke to a 6.8

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, white streaks of ice, high in a pale azure sky this morning - a little different from the punishment of the gods yesterday.

The wonder wheel of windows wide open and the gentle buzz of a fan throughout the night heralded the dawn with a smiling, bright 5.0 at 0600.

I discovered an excellent new way to very quickly lose weight yesterday; choose a day with the prospects of really hot weather and then go out all day on a motorcycle. The trick is to reject the sensible idea of grabbing your lightweight mesh riding gear in favour of something with a waterproof liner (just in case). A choice of route with little shade will do the trick - and about 200+ miles, just to make sure.

Have a great day if you can - plenty of water.
Hot tip - if you are finding it hard to sleep at night and have a fan, then a large plastic bottle full of frozen water in front of the fan may help to cool the room - failing that, prick your finger on a spinning wheel rather than your using blood sugar kit.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to hear this Bubbsie, it's a horrible situation to find yourself in, especially as you have brought Harry up as your own my heart goes out to you. couldn't imagine it.