What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bubbsie .

Thinking of ya.
Horrible situation.
Keep busy if possible...<hug>

To everybody else..
I Have a friend who has a job lot of pitchforks and flaming torches,
We all meet at bubbsies, then match on the witches house.

Who's with me.?
You know me! My yellow vest is at the ready. Love a challenge. Chant 'BRING PLUMPY HOME BRING PLUMPY HOME '

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
But it's ok..London transport are on the case and offering sensible advice if traveling in this heat..:hilarious:

View attachment 34465

3xkvgt2NbFHjqvpA9
Best advice - stay cool!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg after just one chicken thigh last night back in the 5's.yep.a cool 5.8 at 620am

So less food or less beer..who knows.

Nice tip @dunelm re iced water..

For those struggling in the heat.. The BBC followed some Londoners making an early start to avoid the hottest part of the day in London.

It's a Inferno today,and it's still early. :***:

App says 98 in old money, but I reckon we might see a 100°F

View attachment 34464

Yep, seeing a 100° now predicted for the Capital...:***:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love all these mixed breeds which are appearing now. I’m not sure Dennis will be so well behaved at the groomers - he hates having a bath and is still very much into chewing everything ( and everyone) he is in disgrace at the moment though as he chewed through the zip which fastens his travelling case closed. It’s unreparable so he’s going to have to learn to travel in the boot like a big boy.
Does KC cope well with travelling in a crate? My daughter’s cat simply won’t go near one - the vet has to go to her house if needed.

The KittenCat doesn't enjoy travel but she travels quietly. I used to keep her crate out and she would nap in it sometimes -- I've read that that's a good way to keep animals familiar with their traveling crates. She and the MasCat used to sleep in each other's crates.

I bet Dennis couldn't chew his way out of this one! :)
upload_2019-7-25_8-45-6.jpeg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasi...+travel+crate&qid=1564058673&s=gateway&sr=8-8

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So hot here now. I have finished chores and am sitting near an electric fan with the curtains and blinds closed and one cat stretched out next to me and the other stretched out under the side table. @SaskiaKC I have two cat carriers like yours and when they go to holiday care they often spend their first night in them with the doors open. I have to leave them in their chalet in case they need sudden evacuation in an emergency.

Viv19

Hot here and I took pity on SIL’s dog - here for 2 nights. She’s a Heinz 57, most prominent strains being the spots and legs of a dalmatian, and the rough hair and face of a fox terrier. But in between is some weird and wonderful ancestry - someone mentioned a St Bernard! She had an enormous ruff of hair around her neck, down her shoulders so I’ve attacked it with the thinning scissors. I would have stripped it (as with a Westie) but she obviously isn’t used to being trimmed and bribery only bought me half an hour of patience.
I’ll have another go tomorrow.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I looked at some pretty cat carriers while out shopping yesterday. I also looked at some furniture, including TV stands and bookcases, and got to thinking about how I could spend any "moving" money on doing up my current apartment if I didn't get to move.

I still have not heard back from the small-town apartment manager, who was going to call me back on Tuesday, so I'm just chilling and thinking about all the positives of my current home.

This is the KittenCat's carrier:

20190725_094357 (2).jpg
20190725_094357 (2).jpg

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good afternoon.. it’s a bit toastie! isn’t it? ...

so still on my 12 week programme. Of my own valuation. Low carb highest far of course! So far my nova rapid has reduced significantly by about 30 units and my abasaglar has reduced by about 30 units.. I’ve lost 9 lb and I’m ok. This morning was my highest reading so far at 6.5 but I’m melting 37 degrees at present.. it’s wonderful !

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon.. it’s a bit toastie! isn’t it? ...

so still on my 12 week programme. Of my own valuation. Low carb highest far of course! So far my nova rapid has reduced significantly by about 30 units and my abasaglar has reduced by about 30 units.. I’ve lost 9 lb and I’m ok. This morning was my highest reading so far at 6.5 but I’m melting 37 degrees at present.. it’s wonderful !
Great progress already so by the end of 12 weeks weather may not be scorchio but your progress will be

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good grief, it's hotter in England than it is in Georgia! Hard to imagine. Y'all have my sympathy; wish y'all had our AC. I think the KittenCat would prefer less AC -- she sleeps curled up, tail tucked in, snug in her fur coat, while I sprawl out in shorty pajamas with the covers kicked off.

If TMI, sorry. :D ^. .^