Can we say goodbye to Type 2 diabetes?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Various members have bounced back from that, so give it a go!
First members I think of are @Goonergal and @Caeseji , but there are many more.

Good luck!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I came back from 11.1 and now sit with non Diabetic numbers.

Hello and welcome. Hope is everything and the support and advice that you will get from the members here will ensure that hope never wains.

Reactions: Antje77

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was one of the lucky ones, as newly diagnosed I went low carb immediately and had dropped into the normal range within weeks.
One year later my last HbA1c was 33 (UK measure).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m another one who bounced back. Started with an HbA1c of 70 (8.6%) in May ‘17, to non diabetic in four months and stayed there ever since. However I haven’t said goodbye to my diabetes, I have to work hard to keep my numbers non diabetic.

D

Deleted member 308541

What do you think can I bounce back?
Yes you can, just do not stray from the path and your hba1c will come dowm.

My stats are in my sig as well, but here is a bigger pix of it for clarity.

k1BZhQr.jpg

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Various members have bounced back from that, so give it a go!
First members I think of are @Goonergal and @Caeseji , but there are many more.

Good luck!
Six months earlier I discovered my T2 diabetes with HbA1C 10.5 mmo

What do you think can I bounce back?

Thanks for the mention! Indeed and within a few months actually and now? Waking up to 3.9-5.0 in a morning now so goodbye to dawn phenomenon, it just takes a good bit of a low carbing. I am rooting for you to do it yourself!

Reactions: 1spuds and WuTwo

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Yes, you can almost write the number you wish to get to. It is easy and hard at the same time. Easy in that you find the foods that work for your body and mind, with perhaps other lifestyle changes. Hard in that you will need to avoid indefinitely foods that do not work; this is harder for some than it sounds. Some reverse Type 2 in 3 months, some in 6, 9 or maybe a little longer. Some get great control which is the best achievement they can.

If you want some ideas of where to start, let us all know roughly what you like and we can chime in with suggestions.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes - in my case literally - I have a trampoline in the garden...

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @drasifchowdhury and welcome!

Thanks for the tag @Antje77

Bouncing back is most definitely possible - I started at 108 (12%) and am now at 30 (4.9%). Never felt better, so the diagnosis has been positive for me.

See you’ve been given lots of good advice above but do come back with any questions.

Flamingo74

Hi @drasifchowdhury and welcome!

Thanks for the tag @Antje77

Bouncing back is most definitely possible - I started at 108 (12%) and am now at 30 (4.9%). Never felt better, so the diagnosis has been positive for me.

See you’ve been given lots of good advice above but do come back with any questions.

Can I ask how you maintain at 30? My Hba1c was 106 three months ago, now 43 but I seem stuck between my lowest blood glucose being around 5.3 and highest being 6.7.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask how you maintain at 30? My Hba1c was 106 three months ago, now 43 but I seem stuck between my lowest blood glucose being around 5.3 and highest being 6.7.

Hi.

Happy to share. For me personally adding in just a few more carbs will quickly see my BG levels going up so I maintain by eating a very low carbohydrate (ketogenic) diet of below 20g carbs a day. Usually far less than that as I enjoy eating simple, protein and fat based meals (staples are meat, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts).

I continue to use intermittent fasting - skip breakfast and eat 2 meals in a narrow eating window (usually 5 hours between 12/1pm and 5/6pm). Sometime only one meal a day, but that’s less frequent now that I’ve dropped in weight (although it’s a useful tool is a pound or two needs to come back off).

Sounds like you’re doing great just 3 months in. Looking at my own data, even just the A1C results in my signature, there was a big drop in the first six months and then a more gradual drop down to 30. Then it’s just a matter of being consistent and making sure that you’re eating/exercising (if you choose to exercise) in a way that you enjoy and can sustain in the long term.

If you’re happy with what you’re eating I’d suggest just sticking with it and being patient - you’ve had a big drop in 3 months and your body may just be adjusting to running at lower levels.

Flamingo74

Hi.

Happy to share. For me personally adding in just a few more carbs will quickly see my BG levels going up so I maintain by eating a very low carbohydrate (ketogenic) diet of below 20g carbs a day. Usually far less than that as I enjoy eating simple, protein and fat based meals (staples are meat, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts).

I continue to use intermittent fasting - skip breakfast and eat 2 meals in a narrow eating window (usually 5 hours between 12/1pm and 5/6pm). Sometime only one meal a day, but that’s less frequent now that I’ve dropped in weight (although it’s a useful tool is a pound or two needs to come back off).

Sounds like you’re doing great just 3 months in. Looking at my own data, even just the A1C results in my signature, there was a big drop in the first six months and then a more gradual drop down to 30. Then it’s just a matter of being consistent and making sure that you’re eating/exercising (if you choose to exercise) in a way that you enjoy and can sustain in the long term.

If you’re happy with what you’re eating I’d suggest just sticking with it and being patient - you’ve had a big drop in 3 months and your body may just be adjusting to running at lower levels.

Thank you, really useful. I also use IF but 8:16 and still have three meals. I follow low carb but don’t count total grams a day, I just don’t eat anything higher than 5g per 100g - maybe that’s my next step. I do a lot of exercise too so I am on the right track with some tweaks. Appreciate you sharing.

Reactions: Goonergal